TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

As someone said, El Toro's drops reaches its maximum angle much quicker, which I think will make it better. But, as someone also said, Skyrush's drop will still be magnificent. Also, how many more variations of "the lift looks slower than I thought but the ride will still be fun!" can we make?

Did you notice the drop actually "pumps" as it starts to descend? Meaning, the radius goes from circular (constant) to wider thsn back to really tight. So the guys in the back are going to get extra negative Gs as the train crests. Its really unique. Pay attention to it.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to walk around vlogging with your masks off all day. Also, some constructive criticism: the music in your vlogs absolutely blows.  

Back row. That way, she'll never want to ride another roller coaster again and you can save money by leaving her at home.

In spite of it being one of my absolute favorite parks, I usually only make the trip out to Hershey once a year. However, thanks to my 2020 plans going right into the crapper I'm working with what I'v

Posted Images

^I think my mom would be terrified, but enjoy it. I would most likely have to convince her to ride, and she would refuse to ride anywhere but the middle rows in the inside seats.

I think your mom and my wife would be best friends! She already has claimed that exact location when we ride it in August. Fine by me, even though that will "force" me to take a winged seat.....oh, the horror!!

After seeing the POV, Skyrush looks even more awesome in my book. Can't wait to ride it, and in the meantime, can't wait to hear some early reviews from folks on here!

I think Saturday is going to be absolutely jam packed beyond reason or comparison. I'll get there EARLY (before 8), ride the Rush, maybe take a lap on SDL (if it's up and running) and then get the hell out of there.

I think Saturday is going to be absolutely jam packed beyond reason or comparison. I'll get there EARLY (before 8), ride the Rush, maybe take a lap on SDL (if it's up and running) and then get the hell out of there.

How do you think Friday will be?

Jen and I are taking advantage of the deal where you can visit the park the last couple hours the night before with a single day ticket. We'll show up late Friday night, ride everything we want to ride with (hopefully) short waits, then we can devote whatever time we have Saturday to Skyrush.

Interesting that people said the US would never get a megalite design from Intamin. Well if this thing rides like it looks, I think we ended up with something just as good!

Jen and I are taking advantage of the deal where you can visit the park the last couple hours the night before with a single day ticket. We'll show up late Friday night, ride everything we want to ride with (hopefully) short waits, then we can devote whatever time we have Saturday to Skyrush.

This is likely the plan I would have taken, but a slightly different priority set will see me in HP Friday, and back on the road Saturday

I'm going to guess Saturday is going to be absolutely insane. Hershey has tv ads running specifically for SkyRush which I don't recall for other new coasters (I could be wrong though).

I'm really debating Sunday or Memorial Day, with the hopes that the crowds will at least abate to typical insanity.

It's that, or pray for bad weather on those days or that most people just head to the beach instead.

Gonna be there Saturday and Sunday. My hope is that everybody rushes to Skyrush (I sure as hell am), and that the lines for everything else will be shorter as a result, but maybe I'm being too ambitious. Still, I'm sure two days will be enough for me to do everything I want, crowds or no crowds.

I'm really debating Sunday or Memorial Day, with the hopes that the crowds will at least abate to typical insanity.

It's that, or pray for bad weather on those days or that most people just head to the beach instead.

The weather forecast is very unsettled in our area all week and into next week. You may get some intermittent rain.

I think we're just waiting for next Sunday, the 3rd. Was thinking about heading up on Monday in the hopes that most people would be headed back home after a weekend in Hershey, but I'm not sure I want to waste the time driving up there just to find out that I'm wrong.

I think we're just waiting for next Sunday, the 3rd. Was thinking about heading up on Monday in the hopes that most people would be headed back home after a weekend in Hershey, but I'm not sure I want to waste the time driving up there just to find out that I'm wrong.

I'm also heading to the park on the 3rd. I'm praying that the weather will be good and that the enthusiasts will all have been out on Opening Weekend... oh who am I kidding, the place is gonna be absolutely mobbed. Sunshine, please!

I'm planning on getting there about 9, grabbing some of those "jump the line" passes for $50, and going directly to SkyRush once the park opens. I only paid $30 for tickets (got a deal!), so paying the extra $50 will be worth it on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in my mind. I'm really hoping that it's not going to be a mad house, but yet again, I usually hope for something that doesn't actually happen.

Only 3 days until I will be !

Decided to change my day at Hershey from this Saturday to Sunday hoping that the crowds are a little less on Sunday! Can't wait to rush to Sky Rush

I'm planning on getting there about 9, grabbing some of those "jump the line" passes for $50, and going directly to SkyRush once the park opens. I only paid $30 for tickets (got a deal!), so paying the extra $50 will be worth it on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in my mind. I'm really hoping that it's not going to be a mad house, but yet again, I usually hope for something that doesn't actually happen.

Only 3 days until I will be !

I would double check that Skyrush is on that $50 pass. The pass is only for certain rides. Ask before buying.

^We won't be staying through close on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure we'll be skipping HP on Saturday entirely.

I'm pretty sure that Skyrush doesn't open until Saturday.

Skyrush is not part of the $50 fast lane pass, AND you only get one ride on each of the six rides using the system. The weather this weekend is supposed to 90 and sunny, so I think both days will be PACKED with the opening of the boardwalk and Skyrush.