TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Way to walk around vlogging with your masks off all day. Also, some constructive criticism: the music in your vlogs absolutely blows.  

Let's just leave it at this and talk about the park. I get why this came up today. It's newsworthy for sure but this is going to go off the rails. People try to find every single opportunity to inject

Back row. That way, she'll never want to ride another roller coaster again and you can save money by leaving her at home.

Posted Images

I dont think it looks ugly; however, I like i305's look better. It just seems cleaner then what they did here.

But I am happy its topped of, it looks great!

I think once spring rolls around and all the trees are gown in, along with the decorative work being done around the creek, this thing is gonna look sweet. Right now with all the mud and construction equipment it is a mess. Also there really isn't any pics that are showing the full scope of things. Most of them are just up close shots of whatever work is getting done. When all is said and done and the world is right, this ride is gonna rock!

Skyrush keeps looking better! That final piece really shows how good it's gonna look in the skyline.

And an odd question... My friends insists that the park has removed sooperdooperlooper. I know this is not true... but he says he was just at the park, and the entire ride was gone. Is there ANY truth behind this? Or is it just another ridiculous GP comment?

And an odd question... My friends insists that the park has removed sooperdooperlooper. I know this is not true... but he says he was just at the park, and the entire ride was gone. Is there ANY truth behind this? Or is it just another ridiculous GP comment?

sdL is being overhauled from the trackrails up this season, with new Gerstlauer built trains, Magnetic brakes and other hardware upgrades during the off season, which will extend it's lifespan by 30 or more years.

Haha, thanks for clearing that up... After all, this is the guy I've taken with me to parks for years, and such a GP-ish comment really didn't seem fitting!

And to contribute to the Skyrush discussing, I'm really wondering what the forces are gonna feel like on that first drop. Its bending is quite peculiar... I'm curious as to how it'll stack up against some of the great first drops out there.

Considering we're going to be thrown over the top at 19 MPH, I think the first drop will be full of airtime, while with a second hill at only 80 feet, this entire ride should be epic. (Magnum's second hill is 157 feet by way of comparison).

Absolutely stunning.

Previously, I had gone back and forth in my opinions of the color scheme, but no more. I like how the blue blends in with the sky, and the yellow, which I've decided is the perfect brightness for my tastes, pops against it.

Wonderfully beautiful pics again Chris of the new baby- and so great to see this wonderfully sensual steel beast rising up over the Sweetest Place on Earth.

Four more months... Four more months... Four more months...

This coaster is going to suck A$$. And it is ugly too.

Yeah well, Our Hyper's bigger than YOUR hyper.... And has MUCH cooler promo stuff!

DSCI0286.thumb.JPG.4b8198a256fcd50998615d455a4d807d.JPG

Wait... Is that a LaMarcus Brothers Mid Air Excavation shirt I spy on Goliath? Why yes, YES it is...

(LaMarcus Brothers Mid-Air Excavation... Preparing the air for SkyRush's future!)

Man...I hate Skyrush. It`s ugly. And it`s in the wrong country. Should be somewhere else.

Germany for example

Word!

Anyway, I think it looks great and hope I'll be able to make it to Hersheypark in the near future.

You know that's quite a statement when the home country of some of the most INSANE coasters on Earth has people asking for SkyRush...

(And that's coming from a devout Schwarzkopf Believer...)

That's going to shock the GP when they see it from the front gate. You can't see any supports in that pic because of the way the trees are. I don't think I've ever seen such a large distance unsupported, aside from maybe I305.

That's going to shock the GP when they see it from the front gate. You can't see any supports in that pic because of the way the trees are. I don't think I've ever seen such a large distance unsupported, aside from maybe I305.

As magnificent as that shot is, I think it will be almost entirely obscured once summer gets here and all the leaves are in.

BUT, it's gonna stick out like a magnificent golden sore thumb when seen from the parking lot. That's sure to get everyone talking!