TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In spite of it being one of my absolute favorite parks, I usually only make the trip out to Hershey once a year. However, thanks to my 2020 plans going right into the crapper I'm working with what I'v

Just realized I posted this TR on page 420. Score!

It would be faster and a better use of your time to leave the park, drive to the airport, fly to Orlando, Uber to Seaworld and ride Mako than to wait 4 hours for Candymonium...   (Or you cou

Posted Images

Hersheypark has sent us a press release regarding their Skyrush contest allowing participants to create a promotional animation for the ride that if chosen, could be used in their marketing campaign for the ride this Summer!

Skyrush, the 200-foot mega coaster opening for the 2012 Hersheypark summer season, is currently coming to life through the work of a talented construction team. Behind the scenes, Hersheypark is offering the chance for coaster enthusiasts to help share the Skyrush message by doing some building of their own. The “Hersheypark Skyrush Contest” offers applicants an opportunity to join the excitement by creating and submitting a video that could be used in the Park’s 2012 summer marketing campaign. The winning video will be highlighted at the Park and on http://www.Hersheypark.com. The contest winner also will receive a Hersheypark Season Pass.

To enter the contest, applicants should visit http://www.Hersheypark.com/contests/Skyrush_animation/index.php, where they’ll find a complete list of rules and a toolkit containing approved logos, ride specifications and music tracks. Applicants must be 18 years or older and all entries must be under two minutes in length.

The deadline to submit entries is midnight on Thursday, February 16. Videos will be judged by a panel of Hersheypark management on the following criteria: accuracy of ride experience, 30 percent; accuracy of background, 20 percent; excitement, 25 percent; and adherence to the submission requirements, 25 percent.

Visit this page for more information: http://www.hersheypark.com/contests/skyrush_animation/index.php

skyrush_illus.jpg.186a2336901b0a9f8546af7901e77caf.jpg

^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

The supports are built, and aren't visible (or hardly visible) in that picture. So my point is exactly that, that you can't see them in that picture, and since you can't see them you'll hardly see the track itself when it's there. I'm not that stupid.

^I'm not sure if this was your point, but the 2nd hill isn't built yet, so there's no way you could see it in any picture.

The supports are built, and aren't visible (or hardly visible) in that picture. So my point is exactly that, that you can't see them in that picture, and since you can't see them you'll hardly see the track itself when it's there. I'm not that stupid.

The ride is going to be trimmed somewhere, I don't expect it to be flying through the entire layout without any slowing. So even if you cant see the (non-exsistant) second hill yet, id guess it wont be going full speed into it.

But what do I know, I just heard that from the Chocolate Bar out front.

^Do you have any evidence for trims? There isn't a single place where trims have been installed yet, and we've already been through how that line on the track after the Stengel Dive most likely isn't for holding trims, just like Fahrenheit's holds no brake fins either. So if you want to point out to me where the trims are going, you're more than welcome. But that's kind of an unfounded claim - if I305 can hit those transitions and hills in its first half without any trims, there's no reason for this to have any either - especially not before those first two airtime hills.

And, yet again, the second hill's supports are there and you can't see them in that picture.

I wish "trims" was one of those banned TPR words. Whenever a ride is built, everyone becomes an engineer.

-chris "brakes exist for a reason" connolly

or

-chris "dont worry it's intamin" connolly

^I just don't understand how people decide they can guarantee things about a ride when they aren't a single bit involved in the design and construction process. But everyone on the internet knows everything, I suppose.

You're making up a situation that never happened. Nobody did this.

^I just don't understand how people decide they can guarantee things about a ride when they aren't a single bit involved in the design and construction process. But everyone on the internet knows everything, I suppose.

Please calm down. The discussion had been civil up until this point and you seem to be the one who is getting bent out of shape over pointless details. Seriously, if talking about coasters get some of you this worked up, you can always turn the computer off for a while and take a deep breath. (Or go outside)

No, I have no evidence, except history. Coasters have trims, plain and simple. Its likely there will be trims, that's the statement I'm making.

No, there will be no trims. We asked this question to Kurt Bachmann on our tour the other day and he said there will be no trims on SkyRush. So sorry, but your hunch is wrong.

No, I have no evidence, except history. Coasters have trims, plain and simple. Its likely there will be trims, that's the statement I'm making.

No, there will be no trims. We asked this question to Kurt Bachmann on our tour the other day and he said there will be no trims on SkyRush. So sorry, but your hunch is wrong.

^This

Also most coasters don't have trims especially Intamins so I don't know where your getting your history from unless your getting your history from B&M then yes the majority of their coasters have trims.