TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^^ Perhaps the reference is that the platform will be BETWEEN the Comet... and the Great bear... Just a hunch (Well, less of a hunch, but more of 'that was what they implied; we already know that's where the platform will go. Someday.

Sorry about the doublepost, but someone over at my site found something interesting and I can back him up on it.

You know that number chart that everyone is scratching their heads about? See that empty area above the Gravity Manipulation textbox on the first page?

Highlight it, copy and paste it to a word document and you'll get this:

4 17 14 1 6 / 0 16 15 / 15 0 /

19 17 , / 13 / 21 13 9 9 / 6 14

22 17 / 13 8 18 0 4 19 14 15 13

0 8 / 15 0 /

Translate it through the code key given and you get this:

REACH/OUT/TO/ME,/

I/WILL/HAVE/INFORMATION/TO/SHARE/SHORTLY./

DR./M./COUPONE

Looks like we have a new character.

I'm really liking how they are using some pretty unique decoding skills that haven't been used before. This one almost got by us.

Nice job- and a great find.

Even though we've already got a pretty good idea of what they have in store- this just pushes the envelope from the last time.

I'm curious though, as to the new character; this seems almost a bit too much when you think about it- unless they are trying to throw down additional clues and throw off the trail...

R.D.

Is it known that there is a third banner? Or could the 4 digits be somewhere else?

Please read the last several pages to find your answer.

I have read but I haven't been following since the very beginning so I'm a little confused on what exactly is going on banner wise.

I think I might be onto something really big.

Does anyone know where an RIT banner is apart from Screamscape and TPR...

This puzzle has already been solved. There is one banner that is ___ ___ 2037, another that is ___ 3162 ____, and we got the word CLAY from last week's study (the letters C-L-A-Y were in light grey). If you searched for CLAY 3162 2037 on the site, it would bring to you the letter at http://www.rideinstitute.com/clay01.php (although I personally can't get it to work right now).

This was in the sweetmail I got today.........

Happy Mother's Day!

Visit a participating Friendly's Restaurant and pick up a coupon for free admission for Mom on Mother's Day with the purchase of another one-day admission at full price.

Here are my newest Attraction 2012 pics from today:

Looks like they're digging by the remaining pavilion. Not sure what they're doing since the ride won't be coming down this far.

A new trailor that has popped up on site. I think it may have been moved from another location on the construction site. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Not sure what this is for. I'm almost positive that it wasn't there during Springtime in the Park.

The black piping is spread out throughout the site in stacks. I couldn't locate the rebar that was delivered on Monday.

This portable fence showed up on site. Don't know if this means that the park's fence will eventually be re-aligned to fit the new attraction. Perhaps pushingbuttons' photos of the new markings possibly confirmed that.

You can see where they have dug away at the hillside.

It looks like what they're doing is re-directing the creek on the one side of the construction site by building the dirt mound down the middle. My guess is when they're finished pouring footers on this side, they'll re-direct the creek over so they can work on the other side doing the same thing.

An aerial view of the construction site.

It looks like what they're doing is re-directing the creek on the one side of the construction site by building the dirt mound down the middle. My guess is when they're finished pouring footers on this side, they'll re-direct the creek over so they can work on the other side doing the same thing.

This is correct. They are constructing a channel change for the creek so they can work in the dry.

After riding the Comet today and thinking back to the layout and where the layout could go, I am now 95% certain that the layout pictured above is the actual Attraction 2012 layout. After seeing a stake next to that shack, which would refer to the tight turn that would go over Comet, the section where they're digging, and the stakes near Comet's exit ramp and storage track.

What I did above is draw lines for all footers to suggest possible supports. This could help with figuring out where possible hills will be, their possible height, possible banked angle, and what could occur at certain sections of the ride.

^^ ^That loading station is going to be so cramped... but nice work for both of you. This projected layout looks great! Unfortunately this design still has not yet been confirmed, but if the footers are pointing to "Yes", I'm not arguing.

so. I've thought this over and over again and the one thought that keeps coming back is Intamin mega, or giga, but it could also be a b and m mega, or going out on a limb it could be that 4 across maurer x train that we heard about at IAAPA, so really this one is up for grabs, guess we'll have to wait and see.

P.S. can we please not have the anagram thing, like with farenheight (intamin:Nantimi)

^Really? You're complaining that Hershey consistently adds new, quality rides? I personally think it's awesome that they show a commitment to pleasing their customers, not to mention the fun games that increase the anticipation for whatever the new coaster is going to be. The park has always been pressed for space, and I think the plot that they chose won't affect the atmosphere much. One thing I know, I'm going to be bothering my parents for a Hershey trip in 2012.