TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Looking at the layout again just screams Intamin mega. I'm also guessing a double-spine track similar to I-305 because on that rendering, if you look adjacent to the station area, there are what seem to represent two massive support towers to which would be similar to how I-305 was constructed. As far as the lift hill goes, there isn't too much space between the crest of the first hill and the station, so we could possibly be looking at either a cable-lift system or the duel chain drive similar to Fahrenheit. I'm leaning more towards the first one.

EDIT:

Did some more searching and came across this:

http://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol40/40-52/2463b.html

E22-570: Hershey Entertainment and Resorts, 300 Park Boulevard, Hershey, PA 17033, Derry Township, Dauphin County, ACOE Baltimore District

 To remove and restore an existing 74.0-foot long by 24.0-foot wide low flow channel crossing, a 116.0-foot long by 63.0-foot wide staging area in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF), and an existing 535.0-foot long cofferdam. To construct and maintain: (1) thirty-two 42.0-inch concrete support columns in Spring Creek (WWF); (2) fifty-seven 42.0-inch concrete support columns in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (3) a 37.3-foot long by 21.7-foot wide by 12.0-foot high lift motor and MCC enclosure in Spring Creek (WWF) and its floodway; (4) an 18.0-foot long by 8.0-foot wide by 12.0-foot high GTP building in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (5) a 3.0-foot high by 72.0-foot long masonry retaining wall in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (6) a 33.0-foot long by 7.4-foot wide by 7.3-foot high open stairway in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF); (7) a 74.0-foot long by 24.0-wide stone ramp in Spring Creek (WWF); ( 8 ) a 451.0-foot long by 20.0-foot wide AASHTO No. 1 rock maintenance path; and (9) a 507.0-foot long by 8.0-foot wide on-grade asphalt walkway in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF). Also to place and maintain 234.0 cubic yards of fill in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF) and repair and maintain 1115.0 feet of an existing stone retaining wall in the floodway of Spring Creek (WWF). All for the purpose of constructing a proposed amusement park attraction. The project is located 0.25 miles West of the intersection of Park Boulevard and S.R. 743 (Hershey, PA quadrangle, N: 6.72 inches, W: 4.49 inches; Latitude 40° 17` 10.25 N, Longitude 76° 39` 24.15 W) in Derry Township, Dauphin County.

It's located on the above link between docs E22-570

Plus here's another interesting link:

http://www.ahs2.dep.state.pa.us/eFACTSWeb/searchResults_singleAuth.aspx?AuthID=856312

The most interesting part is the "7.3-foot long by 21.7-foot wide by 12.0-foot high lift motor and MCC enclosure in Spring Creek " MCC is "Motor Control Center".

A Hyperlite. It's a hyperlite. As much as I'd like to say it's a giga, the lift area is too small to be the same height as a Giga; if you compare the pics of KD's Giga, and the supports there to where they would be in this layout- it would be too small... But either way, the Hyperlite layout DOES look good.

Nice job for Hersheypark- it's going to be a great ride choice for them all over, and a well needed new attraction.

Now:

Has anybody found the third banner yet?

Hi Guys !

I made a quick coaster in NL showing of the possible look of Hershey's 2012 coaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsqlPBcts38

As you probably have noticed, my guess is, that this will be an Intamin Mega Coaster, with double spine track as the ones used on I305.

Please remember that this was just a quicky in NL based on the released layout.

^ Nice attempt, but its going to be more like I305 probably. I see various contributions to this ride.... it has the Formula Rossa layout with the figure eight pattern, I305 lifthill (and most likely the track to accompany it), and only standing 212 ft high, has the qualities of a mega lite. We may see here one of the best coaster on the east coast!

I cooked this up in an hour... as you can obviously tell, RCT3 is not very precise.

2012.jpeg.bcda0bd846fe4fda6bc1c9be035090f7.jpeg

2012A.jpeg.cabdea3ac5a395ae032459b9ac1611f0.jpeg

2012B.jpeg.a4ed5ff1fc61f889e4641dab6bab6221.jpeg

2012C.jpeg.5e3f48ea2f8fa242b6308a938b22e3ea.jpeg

I'd LOVE to see that drop slide right through Comet's first turnaround! The first half of the layout reminds me a lot of Rita/Formula Rossa/Desert Storm, in the sense that it looks like it'll do crossing airtime hills followed by low turns. I'm hoping that little s-bend after the second far turnaround is an I305-twisty, because that would make this ride 10x better already!

“The only other time I had ever seen one was as a lead-in to Hersheypark’s last big coaster, Fahrenheit, and that one was ... very mild by comparison to where I think this one is heading,” Hart said in an email.

This sentence caught my eye from the newspaper article last page......

Two new updates to the website from their brand-new Press Release page:

http://www.rideinstitute.com/pressReleases.php

RIT CATEGORICALLY DENIES RAMPANT MEDIA SPECULATION

Blandsman Building, West Campus – April 20, 2011 - Today's article by star reporter Nick Malawskey of The Patriot News makes numerous claims involving the Ride Institute of Technology. Since 1911, RIT has conducted groundbreaking research and analysis in the field of advanced ride design, development, and testing. Our studies have indirectly contributed more than $12 billion in new enterprise and commercial revenue worldwide, while our research scientists include Nobel Laureates, Fields Medal winners, and more than a dozen recipients of the Presidential Early Career Award.

RIT categorically denies any and all noninvolvement with a "viral marketing campaign" in 2012, and vociferously disputes any non-association, implied or otherwise, with "fake web pages, hidden messages, foreign languages, and symbolism." Among RIT colleagues and board members today, there was widespread admiration for the enterprising work of Malewskey andThe Patriot-News, yet we remain a thriving research institution with vast financial resources and a fully funded research pipeline stretching many years into a bright and prosperous future.

###

Also:

4/20/11

23-year old RIT Junior Researcher awarded an unprecedented two MacArthrop "Genius Grants." Donates $1,000,000 gift to charity.

New Update on the RIT website:

http://www.rideinstitute.com/

RIT CATEGORICALLY DENIES RAMPANT MEDIA SPECULATION

Blandsman Building, West Campus – April 20, 2011 - Today's article by star reporter Nick Malawskey of The Patriot News makes numerous claims involving the Ride Institute of Technology. Since 1911, RIT has conducted groundbreaking research and analysis in the field of advanced ride design, development, and testing. Our studies have indirectly contributed more than $12 billion in new enterprise and commercial revenue worldwide, while our research scientists include Nobel Laureates, Fields Medal winners, and more than a dozen recipients of the Presidential Early Career Award.

RIT categorically denies any and all noninvolvement with a "viral marketing campaign" in 2012, and vociferously disputes any non-association, implied or otherwise, with "fake web pages, hidden messages, foreign languages, and symbolism." Among RIT colleagues and board members today, there was widespread admiration for the enterprising work of Malewskey andThe Patriot-News, yet we remain a thriving research institution with vast financial resources and a fully funded research pipeline stretching many years into a bright and prosperous future.

###

They never did this with the Nantimi game before. Seems like they're getting more detailed with this one.

The link to the Patriot news website:

CLICK HERE

I'm starting to think they might be getting ready to throw us for a big turn here- we already know some of the basics- but considering HP's done this in the past, I'm guessing we are going to be in for one hell of a puzzle.

Edited by QueerRudie

^^ WOW! The comments at the bottom of that news story link you posted was some serious Hershey bashing!! Quite frankly, it is one of the best value destinations in that area. There is so much to see and do you can almost spend 3 or 4 days, and it is a hell of alot cheaper than most other vacations.

I love how we can see a single possible blueprint, and everyone assumes that they know what the coaster is. Guys, this is Hersheypark, the game has just gotten started. Granted, I would love it to be a megalite, based on the reviews, I really want to ride one.

Those comments in that news article are honestly awful. Hershey has always been reasonable for the price of a amusement park. Yet, no one complains about the nearby ski resorts that charge you 5 dollars for a pp&J, and 600 dollars a season pass, and the other ridiculous priced attractions in the Hershey/Harrisburg area. Having lived in the area for 6 years, Hershey is probably the most reasonable out of everything.

Also, the Harrisburg area, and Hershey area has a lot of "High End" homes. The area alone is EXPENSIVE to live in due to it's location. Move to a more "rural" area, rather than the center of hershey/harrisburg area if you have a problem. Without the Hershey brand/Park, the city would not be where it's at today. They do a lot for charity, and I think it's quite disgusting people have the nerve to trash a park for the reasons they listed.

/endrant

Anyways, I find myself more lost, and lost with these HP riddles. Did anyone find anything about the mysterious code yet?

The people commenting are just trolling you guys. No point in getting your panties tied up in a knot over four comments.

As for the new ride, I'm waiting for more clues to come out. I'm seeing some kind of hypercoaster layout (maybe the rumored second B&M coaster).

I read through and I do not see this ask - sorry if I missed it.

Did anyone go to Hershey this past weekend for the first weekend of Springtime in the Park? I want to know if the Sideinwder is open with the new trains. I e-mailed them and they stated it is a possibility but they were not certain. I will be going this Saturday.

I love how we can see a single possible blueprint, and everyone assumes that they know what the coaster is. Guys, this is Hersheypark, the game has just gotten started. Granted, I would love it to be a megalite, based on the reviews, I really want to ride one.

Well there's truckloads of evidence that it's being built by Intamin, the main culprit being the two big footers for the lift hill. It's not like we're just throwing ideas out with no justification for them. If someone was like "it looks like a Mean Streak clone!!!!!" after seeing that layout, then yeah, total moron.

All the RIT speculations are complete guesses (which is why I'm ignoring them), but the layout speculation based on the blueprint is pretty educated. You can see where valleys of hills and turns are (supports are close together), and where crests of hills are (supports are spread out). You would be able to tell if it was something with inversions, which it's not. And we can also base our logic off of previous Intamin projects over the last few years.

I'm pretty sure those two large footers indicate the take off and landing points where the train will jump the track. No need to have footers when the coaster is airborne. I'm also fairly certain it will remain airborne for 12 seconds.