TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

How do we know the 12 stars represent 12 coasters and not the year 2012

Because the world ends in 2012. They're obviously building it for '11 to give everyone at least one year to enjoy it.

The world ends in December 2012! That gives everyone a full operating season to enjoy the Flying Carp.

Oh and why would the one guy wear a French Beret? I wonder if that is some kind of random clue.. Hmmm..

One of the guys over at Keystone Thrills may have found a clue reguarding something posted on the RIT site :

No no it says 12 years ago, which would be 98 which was the same year as the great bear. Also the website talks about there being two scientists leaving where they were to start their own company.

I think they are talking about boliger and mabilard when they left intamin. Just a thought.

As for where everything is, there is nothing by Sooperdooperlooper and nothing to show any signs of it leaving. Most of the stakes have been found around Comet with two being behind Scrambler, one in the exit for Comet, two behind the Comet Hollow Restrooms and a lot more on both sides of the creek running from Comet down to Creekside Catering. The yellow ovals show the general area of the stakes (they aren't specific stakes) and the large oval shows where the new shack is. The white circles show servey markers.

2iktjz9.jpg.43c8e7d9e547240aeb234d9fab5e665d.jpg

So the code referring to "Nantimi lives on" could be Intamin with the two scientists leaving there to form a new company (which would be Bollinger and Mallibard)? So we could possibly be looking at a B&M project? Could that be one of the reasons why we haven't received anything in 2010 since typically B&M's cost alot more?

How do we know the 12 stars represent 12 coasters and not the year 2012

Because the world ends in 2012. They're obviously building it for '11 to give everyone at least one year to enjoy it.

They might as well just build it on the moon, that is no where near enough time!

Really intrigued with this letter. I can't wait to see this progress.

Why the hell would they add a Dive Machine when they have a coaster that drops steeper then 90 degrees already? Has anybody thought of that. My gut feeling is that if this is going to be a Intamin creation it will be a Mega-Lite or if it turns out to be a B&M a Jr. Hyper......Both with respectable amounts of airtime of course.

If it's a B&M hyper, then it would have to cross the road and go out into the golf course. I thought someone mentioned at the zoning board meeting that this will not be going over there. I don't know how a B&M Jr Hyper would even fit into that compact space without crossing the road. A Mega-Lite might though. As of now, some of the signs could be pointing this out to a B&M project, but again, how's it going to fit into a compact space?

Exactly how Nantimi was, a mixed-matched up game where everyone's trying to figure this whole thing out until it's announced lol.

I thought the Frequent Faller was a cool concept, but to put it right in Founder's Circle was a bad idea! I want them to preserve the look of the park in that area and Comet Hollow (if you can't tell). It would've looked fine in Midway America shoved in some corner though.

The Screamscape rumor today is interesting about the station possibly being in the old skyride station towards the front of the park. Maybe they need an extra year to tear down the old arena and build the coaster in that direction. But then the markings over by the Comet don't make sense.

Wasn't there a rumor before about creating a new entrance for the park? Maybe Hersheypark Arena is going to finally meet its maker.. I'm not sure if they use it too much now aside from some high school events. Plus, I hear from people that have been to those events that it's starting to look pretty bad inside. It could make sense for the long duration of build time..

On the other hand, I would be completely happy with a Griffon clone! Maybe even a roller skater and junior inverted coaster too!

I'm hoping for a regular hyper coaster...Hershey already has two big "gimmicky" coasters...a dive machine would be a bit repetitive with Fahrenheit and Storm Runner there.

Having ridden Griffon, Fahrenheit and Storm Runner, I would say a +200 ft tall B&M dive machine is a substantially different experience than what is found on either of those Intamin rides.

Not to mention it has to be said there is nothing of the sort in the area, and Hershey has a penchant for unique attractions. The standard fare hypercoaster on the other hand is well-represented in just about every neighboring competitor.