TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

How about those Fahrenheit pictures that spelled out Intamin Lives On. Intamin Drop Tower? Along with some add-ons to the Boardwalk. That would be sweet but guessing with the sign, i expect poor CAR to be demolished. I rarely go to Hershey and ride the water rides, but i may want to get on there one more time.

An Aquatrax being built right next to Roller Soaker, a "Setpoint Swing Thing Water Coaster." Oh my, two "water coasters" being built right next to each other, doesn't make any sense to me.

If it's going to be a Boardwalk expansion, expect a wavepool and lazy river, and maybe a new slide or two. That's my two cents.

How about those Fahrenheit pictures that spelled out Intamin Lives On.

Actually, when the Nantimi winners got to talk to the folks behind the whole Nantimi thing, they told us that one of the guys just decided to throw those letters in last minute for fun, that they weren't really all that important.

Not saying that it couldn't be something from Intamin, but I don't think the letters are related to the 2009 project.

Think about it all....why would they place two water coasters side by side? Aren't Setpoint Swing Things (Roller Soaker) and Aquatrax's pretty similar in that they are hybrids?

I'm guessing (and am pretty sure) that it's a lazy river and wavepool we're getting.

Yesterday we asked two or three staff members and one of them said they heard that Canyon River might be turned into a lazy river with a very similar layout, minus the lift hill and more then likely most of the water effects.

It would be very tight to place a Lazy River and Wave pool in that area. There really is not much room between Tidal Force and Sidewinder. Ohh Ohh great idea, get rid of Sidewinder and put the wave pool back there. I'd support that.

Since I don't really do water rides... what exactly is this lazy river that everybody keeps talking about?

Basically you sit in an innertube and float. It's very relaxing. Some parks have some little features to add on to the expierence. There is no thrill to it really, water is just circulated around a course as a small stream would

Here's a (bad) video of an example

I also have to add that the Boardwalk is probably the funnest part of the park. I finally grew down enough to just venture onto it and go up the towers. There is so much fun to be had on there. Many different water toys that you can dump or spray at other people and start wars, and then the huge bucket dumps on everyone. It may seem childish but I loved it. The water slides are nice as well but i would love to see a huge thrill-oriented water slide added on.

Is there a possibility of them getting rid of Tidal Force? I think that'd clear up abit of space for them to squeeze something in there it would also provide extra space to expand the boardwalk.

I think Tidal Force is still one of the "key" parts of the water attractions. Everyone still loves the huge splash, and it's a staple ride that's always packed even with a 2 or 3 train operation.

I can't see Tidal Force going before the rapids. The rapids broke down on Wednesday for about 30 mins as well. The lift at the end broke and there were boats piled up in front of the lift.

Just from what I know about the Tidal Force type of rides, I would be shocked to see them remove it. The splashdown style rides seem to be a staple in almost every park. It's partly the huge splash, because you can still cool off and get soaked without having to wait in line (I'm assuming that Tidal Force has some kind of bridge or 'Splash Area' like many parks do).

A lazy river would be a good addition to the park, but they should add a lot of different water features to it. I went to Dorney a year or two ago and theirs called Wild Water River or something was great. They had tunnels, waterfalls and a bunch of other stuff. Or they could go the extra yard and do something similar to Water Country's Hubba Bubba Highway.

Don't forget about another slide for Coastline Plunge.

I was also thinking the samething about them possibly removing Tidal Force. Six Flags removed one or tow of theirs for a new attraction, so could HP remove theirs? Even if it is built in around The Boardwalk, it would be a prime spot for a wave pool.

I did some searching to see what companies would design a wave pool and lazy river and one company kind of stuck out.

http://www.whitewaterwest.com/index.php

The same company that built East Coast Waterworks also makes Wave pools and lazy rivers. It also seems like the also worked with Disney to build their wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon. If this is the company that plans on working with the park, then I'd expect something very detailed and heavily themed.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but when I went to HP earlier this month and walked passed the maintenance entrance to CRR (right before the "lift hill"), I saw a photo spot with a Honda AquaTrax (jet ski). The backdrop also had a large Honda AquaTrax logo. Does this mean anything? Why a Honda?

Tidal Force isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The ride is just as popular (or more) than CRR, in that people can get very wet (or soaked) without even riding by standing on the bridge or the "Wet Zone" path by the splash pool.

A lazy river and wavepool can both be fit into CRR old location. Just look how they manage to squeeze other attractions into the place. That's one thing HP is noted for.

Oh did I also mention they need more flats? ....

Tidal Force isn't going anywhere anytime soon. The ride is just as popular (or more) than CRR, in that people can get very wet (or soaked) without even riding by standing on the bridge or the "Wet Zone" path by the splash pool.

A lazy river and wavepool can both be fit into CRR old location. Just look how they manage to squeeze other attractions into the place. That's one thing HP is noted for.

Oh did I also mention they need more flats? ....

I agree, Claw is the only fun flat there. I still think the park is capable of keeping the "put in a quarter and soak people" or the waterfalls that CRR currently have. I just do not see Tidal Force going anywhere. I'd LOVE to see Sidewinder go, that would give them plenty of room.

How many flats did they remove since 2003? Here's what I came up with:

-Cyclops

-Conestoga

-Giant Wheel

-Western Chute Out (idk if this can be considered a flat/water ride)

-Chaos

Then maybe Rodeo at the end of this season, possibly. Howler was a start, as it was very fun how you were lifted in the air and spun your cage around. Brought back alot of memories of the old Giant Wheel, just not rotating 135 feet in the air. Whip is also another decent flat too. But those two aren't enough. We need a good Huss Top Spin, Intamin Drop Tower, Huss Troika (Triple Spin at KD which I loved!) and another Enterprise. IMO, those all are a good start.

It seemed like they had way more flats in 1983 (the year I was born) than they do right now.

I agree, Claw is the only fun flat there.

Uh, doesn't the park have a Whip?

Yeah, but I should of cleared up that I'm a fan of the high thrill flat rides more so then rides like the Whip, like I'm fans of Drop Towers, and other stuff mentioned by HPCrazy right above me. Hershey does lack them, and just seems to get rid of them because they don't attract as many riders as a new coaster.