TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, jarmor said:

I am confused as to why everyone is dead set this is an RMC knowing that GCI has created their own version of steel track and could very well be overhauling their very first coaster, in every aspect of very first, as they stated the titan track could do inversions and all.

Before today, I wouldn't have been surprised either way. But RMC is more well-known than GCI's Titan Track and there's the fact that RMC did comment on the park's Facebook post announcing the ride's closure.

Edited by CaptainUnknown
@boldikus beat me to it.
  • Like 1

I also have a good feeling they're going to go for a hyper with this. It sits right along Hersheypark Drive and they can use their giant lift truss ala Iron Gwazi and make this thing pretty massive and eye catching for everyone driving along there. They'll also have three hypers to go with their three drop towers. 🤣

Hershey already has one of the most stacked coaster line-ups in the world, an RMC is just the icing on the cake. Beyond stoked for this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, boldikus said:

image.png.d8ee09c07bbf84d36ca45f79d267828e.png

Still confused? Same comment from RMC on the Insta post. This is essentially confirmed.

Honestly, yes.  I am not saying it is impossible but I know red herrings do exist.  So we are considering social media comments confirmation now?  I am just asking. . .  either way I am ok.

Dude, do you really think if RMC had nothing to do with whatever is happening here that they would have posted that comment in multiple places/posts?

cmon-son-ed-lover.gif.92616959cd30ae401d79eb3af8700855.gif

• Like 1

So far it seems like Titan track is being to used repair and restore existing coasters, not convert them to a different layout, etc like RMC. If this is the main use, I'm cool with that.  Not everything needs to be converted. I agree with the above.  RMC wouldn't touch that tweet if they weren't involve IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jarmor said:

Honestly, yes.  I am not saying it is impossible but I know red herrings do exist.  So we are considering social media comments confirmation now?  I am just asking. . .  either way I am ok.

I mean... It's probably RMC, but I'm with you on your point of view.

I'm not necessarily doubting the social media posts, but does anyone have an actual link, or is it just shared screenshot after shared screenshot. Like has anyone seen the original?

Personally, I hope they just tear it down after dangling the carrot, strictly for entertainment. This is why I could never own a park...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Like has anyone seen the original?

Yes, it's in the comment section on the official Hershey page / post on Facebook, I know that for sure. It was the first thing I checked because a lot of people do fake these kinds of things.

9 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Personally, I hope they just tear it down after dangling the carrot, strictly for entertainment. This is why I could never own a park...

🤪

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Haymaker said:

They moved Velocicoaster to Hershey?

Velocicoaster is great, but at no point does it feel like it's trying to rip your legs from your torso 😆

• Like 1

If this is indeed a RMC, I'll be curious to see how they approach the redesign.  Would it generally follow Wildcat's same layout like Joker at SFDK, or be largely rebuilt from the ground up like Gwazi?  Should be an interesting project to follow.  

6 hours ago, prozach626 said:

So what you're saying is Velocicoaster is better?

Takes too long to really ramp up to the max intensity that it reaches in the 2nd half. Skyrush is mind blowing from the second it drops off the lift until it hits the brakes with very few chances to catch your breath.

Velocicoaster is a masterpiece, no doubt. Skyrush isn't really a masterpiece as much as something someone drew up on a cocaine binge which is why IMO it wins that competition.

• Like 2

I think for those wondering if this is an RMC or GCI it should be noted GCI did comment on this and also confirmed they won't be working on it on their Facebook page. With a send off post of sorts to their first creation, everything says RMC and let's be honest, any hope of GCI doing a titan track recreation is out the window.

I mean, you gotta look at this from a business perspective. Go with GCI who is known for their wooden coasters now to replace their first prototype design that's largely agreed that's horrible now? Or go with a proven manufacturer that is guaranteed to be a huge success for the region? I get why people hoped for a GCI conversion, but it would of been a poor business decision on Hershey's part only for the sake of nostalgic.

I would hold hopes out for a smaller park willing to take the discount on a prototype. I could really see Funspot or similar doing this, but even they opted for an RMC over GCI's new product for their next major coaster.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 12:20 AM, prozach626 said:

but does anyone have an actual link, or is it just shared screenshot after shared screenshot. Like has anyone seen the original?

The screenshot I posted is my screenshot so yes I've seen both this and the Insta post with my own eyes. Official RMC account.

• Like 2

Well, kinda confirmation that Hershey is getting into the proper "Haunted Halloween Amusement Park" game:

https://www.wgal.com/article/hersheypark-halloween-dark-nights-haunted-houses-scare-zones/40590786

Hersheypark Halloween is getting scarier this year with Dark Nights.

The amusement park on Tuesday announced it was adding four haunted houses and three new scare zones to its seasonal celebration.

There will also be all-new, limited-time food and drink – from dark chocolate creations to glowing cocktails.

Haunted houses

There are four horrifying haunted houses:
Haunted Coal Mine: Take a trek through an abandoned mine, which becomes an explosive encounter.
The Descent: Discover who prowls the dark underground tunnels beneath the park.
Creature Chaos: Join Professor Darkstone as he pits you against Pennsylvania's most deadly creatures.
Twisted Darkness: Dare to have your tarot read by a twisted fortune teller.

Scare zones

Midways transform into three scare zones:
Darkstone's Hollow: Wander among Professor Darkstone's showmen boasting his array of mythical creatures.
Valley of Fear: Dreadful beings are watching and waiting deep within the shadows along Spring Creek.
Midway of Misery: Guests are summoned through a sinister gateway into the darkest corner of Hersheypark.

Hersheypark Halloween

Visitors can enjoy thrills on 50 rides and attractions during Hersheypark Halloween.

Those include lights-out roller-coaster rides, the Treatville Trick-or-Treat Trail, character glow dance parties and the Creatures of the Night flashlight tour at ZooAmerica.

Hours

Hersheypark Halloween will be open for seven weekends from Sept. 17 through Oct. 30.

Starting Sept. 17, the hours for the event are 2-10 p.m. on Saturdays and 2-9 p.m. on Sundays.

Hersheypark Halloween is also open on Fridays from 5-10 p.m. beginning Oct. 14.

Dark Nights runs from 6-11 p.m. on Saturdays and 6-10 p.m. on Sundays. It also runs from 6-11 p.m. on Fridays starting Oct. 14.

Unfortunately, they're going the Six Flags route with it:

Tickets

Guests must purchase a separate Dark Nights add-on ticket to experience unlimited access to all of the haunted houses.

Scare Zones are included with a general admission ticket to Hersheypark Halloween.

And the official site: https://www.hersheypark.com/darknights/

On their site, you can buy the haunted house pass for $25-45 depending on the day (with all-season access for $100), plus a skip-the-line for the houses for an extra $15-40.  Kinda pricey for only 4 houses with unknown quality, if you ask me.

Going by what's greyed out on the map (I couldn't find a rides list on the site), the following coasters will be running:
-Trailblazer
-Jolly Rancher
-Lightning Racer
-Wild Mouse

18 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Going by what's greyed out on the map (I couldn't find a rides list on the site), the following coasters will be running:
-Trailblazer
-Jolly Rancher
-Lightning Racer
-Wild Mouse

Oh, it's definitely more than that. If you visit this link to the Hersheypark Rides page, it has the appropriate seasons filter turned on to show all the rides that will be operating during the event. It appears that all the major coasters will still be open during the event, obviously excluding Wildcat. I might end up checking it out on a Friday or Sunday when prices and crowds are expected to be lower.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, coneyislandchris said:

Oh, it's definitely more than that. If you visit this link to the Hersheypark Rides page, it has the appropriate seasons filter turned on to show all the rides that will be operating during the event. It appears that all the major coasters will still be open during the event, obviously excluding Wildcat. I might end up checking it out on a Friday or Sunday when prices and crowds are expected to be lower.

Good to hear.  I hope that isn't just the rides list for the daytime Halloween stuff.

1 minute ago, Mike240SX said:

Good to hear.  I hope that isn't just the rides list for the daytime Halloween stuff.

I have to assume (and hope) that they will keep that list of rides open until the advertised "Hersheypark Halloween" closing at 9 or 10. It is interesting that they're keeping the houses open later than the rest of the stuff, though.

• 2 weeks later...

So I know everyone is on the RMC hype train right now but there is a good chance I’ll be able to visit the park for the first time this summer so I’m taking it lol. So I have a few questions for my visit this summer:

- I always heard hershey had a less than optimal skip the line service but I saw they recently improved it. Does anyone have any experience with it? Can u marathon skyrush for example with it? 

- any tips for a plan of attack? I was thinking off hitting laff track first, then fahrenheit, then storm runner… no idea what to do after that

- any recommendations on food? Places where the lines don’t get too long?

- does hershey park grant seat requests on their coasters?

- any idea of the crowds on a weekday around the end of august?  (Fast track unlimited charges the same prices as a weekday in mid-july)

any information would be greatly appreciated, can’t wait to see what the sweetest place on earth is like!

If you get the skip-the-line jawn you don't need a plan of attack. If you don't get it then your plan is pretty good. The lines for Skyrush and Candymonium will die down later once people get in the park so yeah just skip em and head to the capacity nightmare known as Fahrenheit, then Laff Trakk, then wherever. WildCat will be dun-zo by then and thank the freaking lord for that. Everyone will tell you to ride Skyrush in the back wing seat but they're wrong. Wait for the front.

Lines for everything gets long at Hershey. Lots of places to eat. Long lines at all of em. I don't have any strong recommendations here but most people seem to love the new jawn The Chocolatier or whatever the hell its called. But that will probably have a long line too. Because you're at Hershey. So sweet.

Don't even bother with the super buck wild shakes, they only have them at like 2 places and its usually some poor 16 year old sack of sh*t making them and you'll wait an eternity.

In my experience if you ask nicely they groupers will honor seat requests.

I've always heard there are like two awesome weeks of absolutely no fu*cking crowds at this park in late August, I think because the schools around there are already mostly back in session but the park is still open weekdays til labor Day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, boldikus said:

If you don't get it then your plan is pretty good. The lines for Skyrush and Candymonium will die down later

Great to hear!

23 minutes ago, boldikus said:

Don't even bother with the super buck wild shakes

i heard some stories, but thanks for the heads up! I do like sweets but only on a moderate level (quantity and sweetness). So I tend to skip over most of hershey’s candy anyways.

24 minutes ago, boldikus said:

In my experience if you ask nicely they groupers will honor seat requests.

Great to hear! I just gotta experience storm runner in the front, skyrush in the back, and candymonium… also in the back? 

26 minutes ago, boldikus said:

I've always heard there are like two awesome weeks of absolutely no fu*cking crowds at this park in late August,

Exactly what I was hoping for, strange the fast pass still costss over $100 but whatever I won’t be needing it anyways.

thanks for your extensive reply! Greatly appreciated. I’ve been a long time member off this forum and although social media has taken over in regards to activity, when it comes to quality replies and less bullsh*t, this forum is still the best.

3 hours ago, boldikus said:

Give Skyrush a chance in the front. Its worth the wait.

Will do. Hopefully that line has also died down in the afternoon. The ride has such polarizing reviews, I really hope I’ll be on the side of worshipping it, so I can ride the sh*t out of it. 

A few other things to note:

1) The park has the worst weather policies that I've ever seen. What Joe said to do is exactly what you should do in normal circumstances, but if it's mildly breezy or might drizzle later then you need to unfortunately prioritize Candymonium and Skyrush even though they will have massive lines in the morning. Farenheit will also close in like a million stupid weather situations because it's located at Hersheypark and that's how they roll.

2) I get the idea that you're looking to go-go-go all day but food lines suck almost everywhere and the Chocolatier is seriously really great. I really recommend eating there if you don't mind doing a sit-down meal. They're on OpenTable so you can make a reservation. The outdoor patio rules also.