TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Most wooden coasters are trash. I’d say 60-75% of parks do not take appropriate care of their woodies and take the “as long as riders aren’t coming off with concussions it’s smooth enough” approach. Save for some *true* classics, I’m all for just about every park RMCing or Titan-tracking their woodies, because I’d rather have a smooth ride than a garbage “real” wooden coaster. 

They will never redo wildcat because it sits in a crucial part of HP's lineup. LR will also never be redone because it too sits in a crucial part of HP's lineup. 

If Wildcat does get replaced it will be for a Zeirer launched family or similar. Certainly not an RMC. 

That area of the park has been themed to an old timey boardwalk since it's inception - wildcat literally perfectly captures that energy. LR does as well. 

HP treats WC like it's a historic woodie - and if they keep doing that - WC will eventually be a historic woodie .

Best one could hope for is replacement of Storm Runner with an RMC launcher. 

Now that HP has popped their top on very similar rides in the same park Im expecting a B&M wing and B&M dive up next. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, Storm Runner is open.

This is a good year to go to Hershey. The coasters aren’t all open obviously because it’s Hershey and that would throw the universe out of whack, but this year’s customary “Hersheypark coaster that’s closed for way longer than it should be just because that’s how Hersheypark rolls” is Trailblazer and nobody cares about Trailblazer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to seeing what they do with this layout. I last rode it back in 2015, and actually enjoyed it...but I'm sure whatever they have in store for it will be an improvement, and another feather in the cap for their already great collection of coasters. 

Cool, something else to make Skyrush's line shorter!

In all seriousness, I think a park with an RMC, the most batshit insane Intamin ever built, and a host of other fantastic coasters might be in the running for best coaster park in the country once this is up and running.

• Like 7

I am confused as to why everyone is dead set this is an RMC knowing that GCI has created their own version of steel track and could very well be overhauling their very first coaster, in every aspect of very first, as they stated the titan track could do inversions and all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jarmor said:

I am confused as to why everyone is dead set this is an RMC knowing that GCI has created their own version of steel track and could very well be overhauling their very first coaster, in every aspect of very first, as they stated the titan track could do inversions and all.

This is what I am thinking too.

I love RMC as much as the next person, but it would be very cool to see GCI introduce their version of a full hybrid conversion with those new trains we've seen at IAAPA a few times now. And since this was GCI's first coaster it would be a cool full-circle moment.

I will still be stoked if this is an RMC (and am already planning a 2023 visit regardless), but we also have a million RMCs around this country and as good as they are, many of the medium-smaller ones feel quite similar. I would love to see something unique here.

1 hour ago, jarmor said:

image.png.d8ee09c07bbf84d36ca45f79d267828e.png

Still confused? Same comment from RMC on the Insta post. This is essentially confirmed.

• Like 1