TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Can not wait to finally get back to this park on 6/27, its' been quite a few years. Loving that Storm Runner opened back up just in time and can not wait to finally try Candymonium.

My question is about their line skipper option. Its a steep $120 a person on 6/27 and I probably won't buy into it. But just in case I feel like being spontaneous is their system worth it? I know years ago when the program first started it was a paper system that seemed very convoluted and they had assigned seats for line skipper people. So, I see you get a bracelet now. Is theirs like Cedar Fair where you just get in line when you want to ride and that line joins the regular one or is there still a set row/seat you have to use for the coasters?

3 hours ago, alilstronger said:

Can not wait to finally get back to this park on 6/27, its' been quite a few years. Loving that Storm Runner opened back up just in time and can not wait to finally try Candymonium.

My question is about their line skipper option. Its a steep $120 a person on 6/27 and I probably won't buy into it. But just in case I feel like being spontaneous is their system worth it? I know years ago when the program first started it was a paper system that seemed very convoluted and they had assigned seats for line skipper people. So, I see you get a bracelet now. Is theirs like Cedar Fair where you just get in line when you want to ride and that line joins the regular one or is there still a set row/seat you have to use for the coasters?

I had the Fast Track Unlimited for my trip in 2020.  It is indeed a wristband (with a RFID chip in it) that you need to touch to a panel in each FTU queue; that got kinda annoying since it didn't really work that well, but on the positive side most employees didn't care.

As for how it actually works, yes, each coaster has a separate queue with a merge point where you join the regular line; none have designated seating.  Where this merge point is varies by ride.  From what I remember, Fahrenheit and Great Bear are the only ones where the FTU line goes all the way to the station.  On SkyRush, Comet, Lightning Racer, Candymonium, and Wildcat, the merge is DEFINITELY right before the stairs/ramp to go up to the station.  Storm Runner and SuperDooperLooper were closed last year, so I'm not sure where the merge is for those....and any of the other rides I don't remember.

As for if it's worth it?  If it's busy, which it will be, I'd say yes.  Fahrenheit and Great Bear especially, but even on Skyrush you skip a large portion of the queue, and if you're not waiting for the front, it's definitely reasonable.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 2:10 PM, Mike240SX said:

Storm Runner and SuperDooperLooper were closed last year, so I'm not sure where the merge is for those....and any of the other rides I don't remember.

Unless they changed the locations since 2019, both of these merge points were right before the stairs, as well. If the steps are full, that could be about a 15-20 minute wait at SDL, and up to 40 minutes at Storm Runner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, YoshiFan said:

wait.jpg.58252ad3a0a8e43d66d2ca94d3e9fcd2.jpg

4 hour posted wait for Candymonium on a weekday :wtf:

Queue Times is a great site but their crowd level estimator is usually not that accurate.

We was at the park yesterday and the app and board said that as well. It didn't look like a 4 hour line wait. 

Well I can finally say we went to Hersheypark for the 1st time the past 2 days. Unfortunately my friends and I got in line once we got in the park. It was a little over a 2 hour wait (longest I have ever waited for any ride) but it was fun. The lift hill seemed like it took forever and the rest of the ride flew by. It felt too short for the wait. 

It was sooo packed. Every ride had long lines and waits. We didn't get a chance to ride any other coasters due to the wait times. I'm sad cause I really wanted to ride sooperdooperlooper just because it is such a classic coaster there. The best flat ride we rode was The Whip. None of us had ever been on anything like it but it was such a fun ride we agreed. 

We'll be going back next year for a concert so we will definitely be spending 2 more days there to ride. Needless to say, my friends and I should've done fast passes but $100/person/day was not in our budget.

Food wise...the crabfries are amazing and worth the $9.50. I had bought chocolate chip cookies the day before and was disappointed that they weren't tasty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KristenLeigh said:

Well I can finally say we went to Hersheypark for the 1st time the past 2 days. Unfortunately my friends and I got in line once we got in the park. It was a little over a 2 hour wait (longest I have ever waited for any ride) but it was fun. The lift hill seemed like it took forever and the rest of the ride flew by. It felt too short for the wait. 

It was sooo packed. Every ride had long lines and waits. We didn't get a chance to ride any other coasters due to the wait times. I'm sad cause I really wanted to ride sooperdooperlooper just because it is such a classic coaster there. The best flat ride we rode was The Whip. None of us had ever been on anything like it but it was such a fun ride we agreed. 

We'll be going back next year for a concert so we will definitely be spending 2 more days there to ride. Needless to say, my friends and I should've done fast passes but $100/person/day was not in our budget.

Food wise...the crabfries are amazing and worth the $9.50. I had bought chocolate chip cookies the day before and was disappointed that they weren't tasty. 

you should have taken advantage of the Preview night (the evening before your full day) that's included with every ticket.

in 2 hours before closing in the evening before, you could have gotten rides on several of the big coasters.

It looks like the weekend of July 24th, we're going to be driving past the park. Unfortunately, wont have time to actually enter the park, but was wondering about the logistics of just visiting the Hersehy store and the free ride inside the store.

I see on the website you need to reserve a time and all that, but Im wondering more about the getting in and out aspect. Is there a way to just park for the store without paying for the day or getting stuck in any lines of cars of people going to the general park? This would be a quick pit-stop on a much longer drive, so cant afford to waste too much time. Would probably be around 11am.

2 hours ago, jamesinclair said:

It looks like the weekend of July 24th, we're going to be driving past the park. Unfortunately, wont have time to actually enter the park, but was wondering about the logistics of just visiting the Hersehy store and the free ride inside the store.

I see on the website you need to reserve a time and all that, but Im wondering more about the getting in and out aspect. Is there a way to just park for the store without paying for the day or getting stuck in any lines of cars of people going to the general park? This would be a quick pit-stop on a much longer drive, so cant afford to waste too much time. Would probably be around 11am.

in the past, Chocolate World always had it's own parking lot. . . I'd assume they still do.

the website notes there is 3 hours of free parking. . . so I'd dig into it a bit (ie: call them). . I'll bet they have a separate area in the parking lot, and probably validate so the parking is free to visit the store.

https://www.chocolateworld.com/en_us/plan-a-visit/faqs.html

• Like 1

They give you a paper ticket when you enter the Chocolate World parking lot with the time on it. When you leave, you hand it to the employee at the exit booth and they take the ticket and then there is no charge if it is 3 hours or less.

• Like 1

When I was there last week, I managed 3 laps on Skyrush during the last half hour.  They kept the line open until park close, but once there was nobody waiting for rows 2-8 anymore, they had everyone waiting for the front fill those rows, since the queue for the front on that ride is ridiculously excessive.  

On 6/25/2021 at 9:31 PM, KristenLeigh said:

Needless to say, my friends and I should've done fast passes but $100/person/day was not in our budget.

I would have paid $100 to stay home, from the sounds of it.

Between Skyrush and El Toro's issues, on top of every park suffering from being short-staffed, not the best time right now for Philly area coaster fans like myself. Though obviously coaster snafus are mild compared to pandemic lockdowns where certain parks in this country weren't open at all last year, so it's all relative...

I'm still betting that Skyrush gets up and running before NJ even completes their investigation on El Toro...