TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, kidmanboy said:

But what about those kids under 12? Kids who will send their entire classroom into quarantine if they do end up contracting the virus. I think there’s valid reasons for those of us with young children to be concerned about the prospect of large massless crowds that aren’t verified to be vaccinated. 
I have a stay booked for a few weeks from now and may have to reconsider based on this news. 

I'm with you on that completely. I have two under 12 (but very excited my 13 year old will be getting the shot tomorrow!). We're not going to theme parks until all five of us are fully vaccinated. I just don't trust people to do the right thing. That's our choice, but at this moment if you're all wearing masks you're probably ok, and if you're all vaccinated (those with no children especially), you're golden now, have at it.

Bottom line is, regarding Hersheypark's decision, it's based on CDC guidance. I would hope that anyone who loves theme parks would respect the wishes of their hosts, regardless of whether they are able, in theory or in practice, to enforce their wishes.

23 minutes ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Bottom line is, regarding Hersheypark's decision, it's based on CDC guidance. I would hope that anyone who loves theme parks would respect the wishes of their hosts, regardless of whether they are able, in theory or in practice, to enforce their wishes.

Let's just leave it at this and talk about the park. I get why this came up today. It's newsworthy for sure but this is going to go off the rails. People try to find every single opportunity to inject their views into every post like we don’t all realize that’s what’s happening and it just becomes a pissing match. The virus has become politicized just like everything else which means nobody is going to change their minds on anything. If you want to go, go. If you don’t, don’t. Can we please focus on important Hersheypark related things like how you should go to Knoebels instead?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Serious question: if you had to pick between visiting Knoebels or Hershey for the following missing credits, which would you choose?

Hersheypark - Storm Runner/Sooperdooperlooper

Knoebels - Impulse/Flying Turns

Also worth mentioning that I have a rain check ticket from last year for Hersheypark, so that would only require paying for parking.

2 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Those of us waiting for a full FDA approval would never lie.

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

@ytterbiumanalyst I'll no longer engage in conversation not related to parks, visiting parks, or complying with park regulations in the thread.

clown.gif

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Serious question: if you had to pick between visiting Knoebels or Hershey for the following missing credits, which would you choose?

Also worth mentioning that I have a rain check ticket from last year for Hersheypark, so that would only require paying for parking.

JUST looking at those missing credits?

Hershey, no question.    StormRunner is my favorite coaster in the park, and SDL is quite fun

if you were missing Twister, or Phoenix?  I'd absolutely say Knoebel's - and it's always worth a visit anyways. . but if you're specifically going for these credits?  Impulse is nothing really special, tho it's fun, and Flying Turns is unique, but not what I'd call an exciting ride.

if it were simply a choice between Hershey & Knoebel's ?   I'd say Knoebel's. . . but in this case?  Hershey.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Looper is open but I’d still go to Knoebels. If you had said Phoenix or Twister maybe I would have cared.

Storm Runner is a top ride at Hersheypark, some people would probably even consider it their best coaster, basically everyone would put it in the top 2 or 3 unless they’re weird and like Candymonium or something.

(sorry, I’m not sure why I’m so hard on that ride. It’s a nice little ride and I’m sure they tried their hardest)

• Like 2

Nice, I expected some contrasting opinions and it looks like that's what we got.  All good inputs, though.

^ Yeah that makes sense.  Being in central OH makes it pretty easy for me to get out to Pennsylvania.  I'm definitely fortunate.  As much as I ❤️ both Phoenix and Skyrush, honestly the most likely outcome is that I'll skip both for now and swing by Kennywood instead; it sounds like they're going to try and have Steel Curtain running which is another one I missed last year.  The rain check ticket I have for HP expires on 6/30, so I would probably try to make it back out sometime before that if more rides at Hershey/Knoebels are back open.

Having ridden StormRunner and SDL, but only watched POV's of the other 2, id go to Hershey. StormRunner is insanity and SDL is surprisingly smooth for its age. The other two, while cool and unique, dont look particularly thrilling to me

1 hour ago, Haymaker said:

Having ridden StormRunner and SDL, but only watched POV's of the other 2, id go to Hershey. StormRunner is insanity and SDL is surprisingly smooth for its age. The other two, while cool and unique, dont look particularly thrilling to me

So you’ve never ridden them but don’t think they’re thrilling because of the POVs?

... lol wow

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

So you’ve never ridden them but don’t think they’re thrilling because of the POVs?

... lol wow

Read it again.... dont look thrilling. 

Doesnt mean I wouldnt try them, like them or anything else. Doesnt mean I wouldnt ever go there. On the contrary, I wish I had gone there when we were in Hershey. Just wouldnt pick those two over the other two, any time, anywhere.

41 minutes ago, Haymaker said:

Doesnt mean I wouldnt try them, like them or anything else. Doesnt mean I wouldnt ever go there. On the contrary, I wish I had gone there when we were in Hershey. Just wouldnt pick those two over the other two, any time, anywhere.

This is still insane. You can't judge a coaster without riding it.

Had you ridden it, you'd be totally justified in whatever opinions you had of the rides. We all have weird opinions of rides and if we didn't that would be pretty boring but it should be noted that in the TPR Poll, Phoenix finished as the 14th best coaster in the world and Storm Runner finished at #54. Twister finished at #193 and Looper finished at #352. You should at least ride the rides first.

43 minutes ago, rachelmadcow said:

Did Storm Runner reopen? I'm thinking to go back to HP soon. Next week if it is open. 

Storm Runner has not opened yet.  When I was there last week, the train had water dummies loaded on the train.  As far as I can tell, no one has seen it test yet.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

This is still insane. You can't judge a coaster without riding it.

Had you ridden it, you'd be totally justified in whatever opinions you had of the rides. We all have weird opinions of rides and if we didn't that would be pretty boring but it should be noted that in the TPR Poll, Phoenix finished as the 14th best coaster in the world and Storm Runner finished at #54. Twister finished at #193 and Looper finished at #352. You should at least ride the rides first.

But he was talking about Flying Turns and Impulse, not Phoenix and Twister.

Oh okay, I'm sorry. I read it quickly and thought he said he was going in based on what was open knowing that he would miss those credits not going "for" the missing credits. The reason I thought that was because Storm Runner is closed and Flying Turns is also closed, I don't pay any attention to Impulse and for all I know it was closed too (turns out it's not but who cares?) and I thought he assumed Looper was still closed like it was all of last year.

In that case, if you're going for missing credits I wouldn't go to either for awhile because Flying Turns and Storm Runner haven't opened for the season yet.

Sorry for misreading that. My bad.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rachelmadcow said:

I think the most amusing thing is americans acting like they care about each other suddenly. "you don't care about other people" and you do? 😅.

Yeah, because it's only an American thing. This place is a shithole and everywhere else is a utopia. Thanks for your caring words spoken from your pedestal. 

You can buy me some pierogi, now.

• Like 3

On 5/14/2021 at 1:16 PM, prozach626 said:

Yeah, because it's only an American thing. This place is a shithole and everywhere else is a utopia. Thanks for your caring words spoken from your pedestal. 

You can buy me some pierogi, now.

idk what pierogi is. you are so emotional. 

American's simply don't care about each other, Ive lived all across the country. that's why I won't buy this whole "u affect me" yea you didn't care abut affecting anyone else until right now. Also the people saying this stuff are usually in hover rounds and have flaking diabetic cankles. 

see below

https://www.channel3000.com/poynette-high-school-teacher-put-on-administrative-leave-after-incident-with-student/