TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Well, given it was a July weekend the lines when I went were not nearly as bad as they'd be pre-covid. That said, ops were slower...so that semi negated it. I guess still not bad. Fahrenheit was an hour but in the past it's usually that or longer lol

All the rest had pretty short lines tbh just they went slow. Like what would be 5 mins was 20, what would be 20 was an hour.

I think when I go for my 2nd day it will also be in Aug. Later ya go crowds are better. All is out the window today but I hope it holds.

Maybe someone can help me out here...

It looks like the cheapest way to get one-day admission for one person is the $75 "buy a day, get a day free" deal. Is this correct? If so, wow.

I'll echo the recent positive remarks about Hershey by saying that it can also be more of an 'experience' than a one-day park. Chocolate World is unique. You can stay at Hershey Lodge or Hershey Hotel where everything has a chocolate theme, however subtle or in-your-face it may be depending on where you go. Of course, you also have Chocolate martinis at the resorts. (epic)

Hershey was a fun two-day destination park for us, since we stayed at Hershey Lodge.

It looks like the cheapest way to get one-day admission for one person is the $75 "buy a day, get a day free" deal. Is this correct? If so, wow.

I couldn't find any better alternatives, so I went with the BOGO deal. Now I am sitting on the second ticket which expires at the end of September. Not sure if I'll end up using it or not.

I couldn't find any better alternatives, so I went with the BOGO deal. Now I am sitting on the second ticket which expires at the end of September. Not sure if I'll end up using it or not.

Yup same boat.

IDK if anyone has inside info/better knowledge but I don't got hope for Storm Runner.

Sign said "temporarily closed for the season" which I wasn't sure how to interpret..... is it temporarily or FOR the rest of the season? Temp....for the season is deliciously vague lol But doesn't seem like a good sign?

Shame, it's a part of why I'd go, and if it wasn't for the fact I got a 2nd visit free and thus it'd be waste not too....I'd prob not go again.

$26/ticket on ebay is another option. Or Facebook groups, etc.

Hershey has said Storm Runner will not operate this year. Website says "Closed for the Season." Don't think it's running til next Spring.

For some reason I like the old Hershey entrance and village than the new one. Just looks like a outdoor mall. No charm like the original.

I don't want to judge the new area until they complete all the landscaping. While it may not have the charm of the old entrance, I think it looks grand with the Kisses Fountain, Candymonium, and the giant new buildings.

Had a great visit here today. Still love the park.

Candymonium is great. I'd say I prefer it to Orion. Even with the trims this seems to be one of best B&M airtime machines around.

One thing that's sort of odd about it....just seems so separated from the rest of park. It's out by gates, sort of all by itself.

I rode Skyrush a ton today. Love that guy. Love the wooden coasters too.

We even did Cupfusion because the line was only 15 min or so. Maybe the best shooter I've been on but not really my thing. The air conditioning was the best part.

...Hershey has said Storm Runner will not operate this year. Website says "Closed for the Season." Don't think it's running til next Spring.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still closed in the spring. Isn’t it closed until they finish up the investigation into the lawsuit from the guy who was claiming his sons harness never closed/locked.... Which forced his son into “leaping from a moving coaster?”

And who knows how long that pointless lawsuit is going to be tied up in court.

I'd say most parks this year have opened with some rides not opening for the season, whether it's because they're still working on them or can't socially distance groups on the ride. I assume that SDL + Storm Runner have maintenance that still need to be done on them, or they're waiting on parts.

Well, just bought my tickets for Tuesday the 18th, with a Fast Track Unlimited just in case (I plan on hitting the waterpark so minimizing lines for coasters will help). The last time I was here was 2017, and I recall lines being brutal, though that was a Saturday and in non-COVID times. As for the Waterpark, I know that the water coaster is closed, but the lazy river, wave pool, tube and mat slides are all operating, correct?

I'd assume so, you can check on the website here: https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/

Closed rides have "- Temporarily Closed" (like the water coaster) or even "- Closed for the season" (like Storm Runner) written after their name.

They should probably make the closed rides more obvious like with red text or something, but it is what it is.

I was there on Monday. Longest line I had was about a 30 min wait on Racer later in the day.

I literally had 10 rides in before noon and kept riding all coasters all day. Get there by 10. I had a few laps on Candy, one on Comet, and a couple on Skyrush before 11 when they open the rest of the park up.

I'd assume so, you can check on the website here: https://www.hersheypark.com/explore-the-park/rides/

Closed rides have "- Temporarily Closed" (like the water coaster) or even "- Closed for the season" (like Storm Runner) written after their name.

They should probably make the closed rides more obvious like with red text or something, but it is what it is.

Yeah, I'm aware of the park's website listing, and based on reports on here it hasn't always been accurate.

Also, another question that I can't seem to find the answer on their not-exactly-easy-to-navigate site: Masks in the waterpark? I assume that once you're changed into swimwear, you're okay to walk around the waterpark area without a mask, because where would you store it when you're partaking in waterpark attractions? Just trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

Thanks.