TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

A trim wouldn't shock me but the pacing doesn't look that far off from Mako as-is.

PS: Local and state mandates aside, they have a LOT of work to do on the main gate before they can even think about opening.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b19d8fd0a283b918339a76696c787ba7.jpg

Yeah, there’s a trim on the hill right after the turnaround. Pretty common.

It seems B&M hypers always test first without trims so they haul through the course on first test runs. Later test runs are always much slower.

A trim wouldn't shock me but the pacing doesn't look that far off from Mako as-is.

PS: Local and state mandates aside, they have a LOT of work to do on the main gate before they can even think about opening.

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

Glad to see Hershey testing their new for (likely) 2021 coaster already! IMHO, it's iffy if Hershey opens at all this year based on the work they have to do on the main gate even if other area parks open such as Dorney and Knoebels.

I hope that little speed hill before the helix is like Mako's little speed hill before the midcourse. That is my favorite part of Mako, especially in the front row.

Also, its nice its got the roar going for it.

I commented on the TPR FB group, that this reminds me very much of Apollo's Chariot (which I LOVE, so that's not a slam at all).

not sure how many elements are similar, but it reminds me of that. . .can't wait to ride this, as I'm sure it will quickly become my 2nd favorite in the park - behind Stormrunner.

[attachment=0]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]

Glad to see Hershey testing their new for (likely) 2021 coaster already! IMHO, it's iffy if Hershey opens at all this year based on the work they have to do on the main gate even if other area parks open such as Dorney and Knoebels.

If the new entrance isn't ready, I assume they'd just use the temporary entrance like they did last year.

If the new entrance isn't ready, I assume they'd just use the temporary entrance like they did last year.

^This. I wouldn't see them completely scrapping the season because the new entry isn't ready. Their temporary setup that they've had since the start of last season is perfectly fine in the interim.

^This. I wouldn't see them completely scrapping the season because the new entry isn't ready. Their temporary setup that they've had since the start of last season is perfectly fine in the interim.

So you’re saying that if Covid never happened the park would not open the entire year because their new entrance isn’t ready????

So you’re saying that if Covid never happened the park would not open the entire year because their new entrance isn’t ready????

If not for COVID, construction would've been able to keep going full boar over the last few weeks

No, that's not even remotely close to what I'm saying. How did you manage to come up with that based off the words I typed?

No, that's not even remotely close to what I'm saying. How did you manage to come up with that based off the words I typed?

Not you or your quote... I was talking about cparks92 comment.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see Hershey can open in a few weeks. Their county goes "green" next Friday, yet Erie and Waldameer are just stuck waiting.

Kind of a bummer that I'm heading to Harrisburg this weekend instead of 4 or more weeks from now.

I must say, not sure anyone outside of Hersheypark (or maybe them included) would have guessed they would jump ahead to be the first park to open in Pennsylvania. What started as hot spots in Philadelphia/Eastern PA and somewhat in Pittsburgh, has now receded with the heavier restrictions closer to Philly and apparently Erie (I guess we have a new outbreak around here?).