TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^and that's a big DITTO! from me.

Now that I got my KING-SIZED season pass processed, Springtime in the Park cannot arrive here any sooner for me. Believe it or not, I already have three trips planned for Hersheypark before June, and one of them I will lead a group to this park ( including being the riding partner to my friend who cannot handle the thrill rides, but can handle low impact rides like the Skyview, Ferris Wheel, Antique Cars, and the shows. It won't be a huge sacrifice for me not to ride the thrill rides that day; I have two visits before and the rest of the season afterwards to ride them all!).

Who knows what surprises will await this rider and amusement park flyer. Last year, in May, I saw Sheena Easton in concert at the Music Box Theater and various bands that popped up for a special performance throughout the year. On another visit, I rode Laff Trax and Wild Mouse three times in a row due to less riders in line. Finally, I rode Whitecap Racer and finished with the time of 16.4 seconds.

This season at Hersheypark is gonna be SWEEEET!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, I think this may be the first park to push it back to May. All the other parks who optimistically are posting April opening days may still open in May themselves, though, so it might be better to just come out and say it and not get everyone's hopes up.

Hershey is always closed those first few weeks in October. HPITD only runs the last three weekends, its been this way since at least 2014. I know this because HPITD is generally the only time of year I ever go to the park.

• 1 month later...

^ that's great news.

they wouldn't be testing if they weren't planning on opening this summer (at least that's how i'm gonna look at it)

^ that's great news.

they wouldn't be testing if they weren't planning on opening this summer (at least that's how i'm gonna look at it)

That could definitely be as sign. However, it could also just a test run, not indicating an opening. If the trains have already been assembled on the track, they would need to run the tracks every now and then to prevent wheels from becoming square. However, I honestly don't see hersheypark not opening this year. I do wonder how abysmal the operations are gonna ve.

The trains aren't left on wheels when in the maintenance area so they won't go square. Testing now isn't really a sign of anything, it's just the next logical step to handing over the ride to Hersheypark so there's no reason to not test it now if they are able to, and then if/when the park opens, the ride will be ready if they wish to open it this season. It also makes sense to get the testing done now so it doesn't hold up periphery work like completing the new entrance area.