TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I took my second visit to the park on May 4, 2019 (by myself this time) and rode THE CLAW five times in a row as a make up for all those times in past visits I was unable to ride this ride due to my large size. While I was happy to see Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and the Coal Cracker running, Skyrush was down and both Sidewinder and the Merry Derry Dip were still closed (maybe they will open up the same time with Reese's Cupfusion) Today's crowd at the park were about average as they trickled down to walk up and ride by evening time. And one last thing: Sheena Easton was there performing two shows at the Music Box Theater ( she may be pushing sixty, she still has it!)! It didn't rain that day, but was pouring down rain in some places as I was driving home.

I'm planning a return trip in two weeks to see if any of those four rides that were down that day is up and running.

"When you lose weight, the riding season becomes great!!!

I wonder if they'll bring back the Fast Pass Unlimited idea that they started to advertise before last season. I was pretty pumped when I first heard about it and really let down when they suddenly removed it from their site. It might be a good time to kick it off when the large expansion is finished.

Before I continue, there's someone else who wants to say "Hello" to you -

"Hello everybody . . . now I'm going back to sleep!"

wtf?

^ LMAO!

Zach, you may not have been around when Palmerleeberry used to post - primarily in the Hershey and KD threads years ago.

There is always the pillow emoji with an odd quote at the end of his posts.

I thought the same thing as you (WTF?)...still do, but have to admit that I always laugh at the strange pillow comments at the end of his posts!

I wonder if they'll bring back the Fast Pass Unlimited idea that they started to advertise before last season.

Your wondering has turned dreams to reality.

Those Mother FFfkers!! We missed it by one year! Luckily lines weren't bad at all. I don't think we ever waited more than 20 minutes for anything. I've been meaning to post that TR... from July, 2018.

Very "on brand" but kind of out of place with their other coaster names, which avoided the candy thing. It is in the new Chocolatetown area, I suppose, but I don't love it. SkyRush, Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, Great Bear, and, uh, Candymonium. Odd that the last one may be the most intimidating coaster physically.

Still promises to be a great ride!

It is definitely gonna be interesting to have 2 hyper coasters right next to each other, but being that they are completely different makes it work although I think the gp is gonna flock to this new coaster way more than skyrush.

hmm. . I don't "love" it as a name for a coaster.

tho it would be a great name for the re-do of the Reeses Cup shooting ride.

but I guess if SF can name multiple coasters, "Pandemonium". . .what's wrong with "Candymonium". . tho, as noted. . not really feeling it.

Am I the only one that thinks the new coaster looks boring? It looks like a cookie cutter B&M hyper, like nitro without the helix. Is this thing going to bring anything new to the table? In this age of parks building new coasters that all kind of do something new and cool (RMC, S&S, GCI, etc), this latest B&M seems pretty underwhelming no? Especially after knocking it out of the park with Fury 325?

Also, I've never been to the park but I really want to ride Skyrush because it seems so unique even though I'm not sure it's my kind of ride. If i have very little interest in the new hyper, would it be better to go in the Spring of 2020.. maybe less crowds as people are holding back for chocolatetown opening in the summer to visit.. or go early fall and hope everyone is trying to ride candymonium so other rides have less lines?

Am I the only one that thinks the new coaster looks boring? It looks like a cookie cutter B&M hyper, like nitro without the helix. Is this thing going to bring anything new to the table? In this age of parks building new coasters that all kind of do something new and cool (RMC, S&S, GCI, etc), this latest B&M seems pretty underwhelming no? Especially after knocking it out of the park with Fury 325?

Eh, probably not but you're the first person I've seen verbalize it.

But these kind of statements make me cringe every time I read them. It's like the KI fanboys being upset of Project 2020 before a footer is even poured. Let the ride be built and RIDE it before you make a judgment.

Mako was one of the most underwhelming rides on paper announced in the last few seasons yet is almost universally loved by people who actually RIDE THE RIDE. Some of the best rides don't have the best stats on paper and animated POV videos never do a ride justice. Just be patient, visit the park and then judge the ride.

If you think that a 70+ mph hypercoaster with a 200 foot drop looks "boring" then I feel like this is the wrong hobby for you. I expect Skyrush to offer a much more intense ride experience and to be the superior ride, but this new coaster should still be a blast and one of the best rides in the park.

If you think that a 70+ mph hypercoaster with a 200 foot drop looks "boring" then I feel like this is the wrong hobby for you. I expect Skyrush to offer a much more intense ride experience and to be the superior ride, but this new coaster should still be a blast and one of the best rides in the park.

Even the worst B&M hyper I've been on is better than all the coasters at Hershey except Skyrush or Storm Runner. And to me that's the worst case scenario.

I expect this to be at least a middle tier B&M hyper. While it is on the shorter side, it has some great elements like the speed hill, the wacky element after the speed hill, and the helix around the Kisses fountain. I would be shocked if this is not the second best ride in the park, and it should be a guest favorite.

Looks boring based on what? What there a layout/rendering released by the park that I missed? Or are we really saying a coaster is boring based on a leaked blueprint? Co-sign what everyone said about Mako. That ride is freaking awesome.

haha i dunno, i've tried a half dozen b&m hypers and to me they're pretty boring.. but they'd be the first real coaster i would ever take a novice on because they're so tame, so they have their place and i absolutely understand why hershey is building one since skyrush is so intense people probably rarely want to ride it a second time... or even once. GP will eat candymonium up, you can take your mother and kids on it, and it will devour lines.. but i don't understand why enthusiasts are excited about it? i mean yeah a new coaster is a new coaster but was another hyper on the east coast something that was high on everyones wish list?