TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I'm going to be at the park on Friday, June 9th for the first time as part of a big park road trip on the East Coast. Does anyone have any tips on how crowded it'll be and what rides I should hit in what order the ensure I get on everything worthwhile? I was able to go back some pages in the threads for the other parks I'm visiting to get this information for them, but I haven't found much info on Hershey.

I'm going to be at the park on Friday, June 9th for the first time as part of a big park road trip on the East Coast. Does anyone have any tips on how crowded it'll be and what rides I should hit in what order the ensure I get on everything worthwhile? I was able to go back some pages in the threads for the other parks I'm visiting to get this information for them, but I haven't found much info on Hershey.

Not too bad if it rains like they are calling for (they postponed their Season Pass event because of it). There will be school groups, but that might be just about it and they usually start leaving around 6 or 8pm. As for rides, Storm Runner, Wild Mouse, and Skyrush usually close in drizzle and the rest stay open until it rains heavily or a thunderstorm approaches.

No Chick Fil A anywhere, ever will be open on Sunday. Even Chick Fil A restaurants in sporting venues are closed on Sundays during games. It's just their thing...

The day after the Pulse shooting here in Orlando, the local Chick-fil-a made national news. The staff and managers came in on a Sunday, fired up the fryers, and made food for the people waiting in lines to donate blood. It was definitely a One-time thing, but it made me like the company a little better than I did.

The local Chuck FIL A here has opened on Sunday before to feed (for free)the power company Linemen working to restore power after major ice storms in the past as it is near a typical staging area in such events. They still overwhelmingly employ teens, teaching them impeccable customer service and manners while instilling work ethic.

Some new things to note from around the park this weekend for the Fast Track Pass system

-Some of the coasters now have their own Fast Track Pass entrance line that does not involve going into the ride through the exit. Skyrush's is near its new entrance, Looper's is next to the elevator at the exit and meets at the bottom of the stairs, Comet's is at the bottom of the ramp, Fahrenheit uses the old single rider line, Storm Runner runs parallel to the entrance and meets at the bottom of the stairs, Great Bear's runs parallel to the queue, and Lightning Racer goes up a set of stairs in the queue between the station and transfer. I don't know if there's something for Sidewinder, but Wildcat and Wild Mouse don't have one yet and there is a Fast Track sign in front of Claw and a designated entrance for the Triple Towers.

Speaking of Triple Towers, every time in the last couple of times I've visited, just about all the towers were walk-on in the morning until later in the day. It looks like everyone is still staying to the front or heading straight to Laff Trakk.

When oh when will Hershey get a proper skip-the-line program? It's literally the only issue I have with the place.

I mean I'll continue to go in the fall when crowds are minimal and no fast pass is needed but if they had Q-bots or a wristband system like Cedar Fair I wouldn't hesitate to go other times of the year. I can't imagine the place with crowds, its gotta be ugly on a packed sizzling hot summer day.

When oh when will Hershey get a proper skip-the-line program? It's literally the only issue I have with the place.

I mean I'll continue to go in the fall when crowds are minimal and no fast pass is needed but if they had Q-bots or a wristband system like Cedar Fair I wouldn't hesitate to go other times of the year. I can't imagine the place with crowds, its gotta be ugly on a packed sizzling hot summer day.

Don't go to Hershey when its crowded in the peak of summer. Both the Boardwalk and dry section overflow with crowds.

Well, finally made it to Hershey for my first time Saturday night and Sunday. I never thought I'd see the day, but despite the bruised thighs and intense pain of 10 rides in less than an hour: I have a new number one. Holy crap Skyrush is stupid and perfect all at the same time. Sorry El Toro.

Well, finally made it to Hershey for my first time Saturday night and Sunday. I never thought I'd see the day, but despite the bruised thighs and intense pain of 10 rides in less than an hour: I have a new number one. Holy crap Skyrush is stupid and perfect all at the same time. Sorry El Toro.

Love it.

With people talking about new Fast Lane entrances, I went to their website to double check and see if they changed anything with the program...

...nope, still one ride per coaster. I'm in the same boat with strategically visiting on slow days and/or taking advantage of early entry, but if they had a true unlimited fast lane at a higher price, I'd definitely take advantage of it.

Even Kennywood has added an unlimited option for their skip-the-line pass for this season.

I don't know when it was introduced, but that was also in place last year. Didn't utilize it at all, though when I visited with my kid, the line for Racer was completely ridiculous in the afternoon so we did one of the single-ride passes for it. Very effective.

I wholeheartedly agree, it's the one main flaw that prevents me from going back more frequently.

Had initially decided to go to Hershey tomorrow but dang, 100% chance of rain? Doesn't look like there will be lightning, just lots of rain. Will give a call tomorrow to verify but what rides will be closed?

Does Hershey still have that hilariously awful 50 degree start up temperature for their B&M and Intamin coasters? If so you'll be contending with that also since it's not forecast to reach 50 degrees until the afternoon.

Honestly, tomorrow sounds like a MISERABLE day to go to any parks in the Northeast. I'd bail on the idea entirely.

Honestly, tomorrow sounds like a MISERABLE day to go to any parks in the Northeast. I'd bail on the idea entirely.

This. Its like 90%+ chance of rain all day long at GreatAdv, Dorney, Hershey, Coney, Moreys, etc etc.

Kings Dom/BGW/SFA will have rain in morning clearing up in the afternoon.

I'm heading down to Wildwood but not gonna bother trying to ride anything until Sunday. Tomorrow is seafood and boozin day.

Yes, trying to figure out alternatives. Even Knoebels is most likely out of the question. We are staying in Harrisburg (driving down there tonight) so might get a taste of it tonight. Still glad I did not get tickets for Hershey yet. Just stinks since we are down there regardless but so it goes.

Yes, trying to figure out alternatives. Even Knoebels is most likely out of the question. We are staying in Harrisburg (driving down there tonight) so might get a taste of it tonight. Still glad I did not get tickets for Hershey yet. Just stinks since we are down there regardless but so it goes.

Drive to Kennywood. Looks overcast there tomorrow.

Switching out of the subject here. How are the crowds like in early June? Haven't been back there since Fahrenheit opened. Me and a friend are thinking of going either the weekend of June 3rd or June 10th.

June 3rd is graduation for a lot of the high schools in our area. My son is actually graduating at the Giant Center in the park complex that day. You may be ok in the sense that the locals will be busy and crowds potentially will be lighter.

Does Hershey still have that hilariously awful 50 degree start up temperature for their B&M and Intamin coasters? If so you'll be contending with that also since it's not forecast to reach 50 degrees until the afternoon.

Fahrenheit is the only coaster there with that high of a required temperature to start at. I think it is 55 degrees? I've seen the past two years heaters there, Wildcat, Lightning Racer, and sooperdooperlooper to get them up and running quicker.

Fahrenheit is the only coaster there with that high of a required temperature to start at. I think it is 55 degrees? I've seen the past two years heaters there, Wildcat, Lightning Racer, and sooperdooperlooper to get them up and running quicker.

Apparently not, it was running all day, in the rain, and in the cold. I did ask a senior ride operator about a minimum temperature for rides to shut down, she claimed there was none, and this was at Storm Runner.

Overall it was a good day at the park. We ended up missing Skyrush by one train. (Yes, next in line to ride.) Apparently that thing doesn't even like mist. The train overshoots the target in the station (which is what it did before we were going to get on) even when a little wet. Maintenance tried but to no avail even though they had three hours after in stopped raining hard and the mist quit. Another reason to go back I guess.

Should also mention that Great Bear was non-stop the whole day as well.

Switching out of the subject here. How are the crowds like in early June? Haven't been back there since Fahrenheit opened. Me and a friend are thinking of going either the weekend of June 3rd or June 10th.

June 3rd is graduation for a lot of the high schools in our area. My son is actually graduating at the Giant Center in the park complex that day. You may be ok in the sense that the locals will be busy and crowds potentially will be lighter.

What about June 10th? Are Sundays lighter?

What about June 10th? Are Sundays lighter?[/quot

Sundays seem to be better than Saturday but that's relative also. Weekends are busy. If you use the preview night option, the park is still do-able on the weekend. Skyrush clears out in the late afternoon. Great Bear and LaffTrak are busy all day. Use the app. It seems to give you a decent idea of wait times. Not always super accurate but not terrible either.