TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

They added a dining plan, it's only for the summer season at the moment. I'm curious to see if they introduce a whole year one now.

https://tickets.hersheypa.com/webstore/shop/viewItems.aspx?cg=HPTKTS&c=SPSPECIAL

Purchase a Season Pass Holder Summer Dining Plan for one low price, and dine all summer long at more than 10 tasty locations throughout Hersheypark! Meal includes an entree and side. Valid for the summer public operating season 5/5-9/24/17. Must scan Season Pass ID to validate upon redemption. Limit of 2 uses per day per pass. Must wait 90 minutes between uses.

Yay, Maggiekat and I will be making our first trip ever to Hershey park a week from today (coming from Las Vegas)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have fun! I love Hersheypark. Skyrush is nuts, but Storm Runner is actually my favorite ride there. It's like a better, longer version of Xcelerator. Fahrenheit, Lightning Racer, and Great Bear are pretty awesome too, and Comet is a really good classic woodie. Don't forget to visit the World of Chocolate just outside the main entrance and ride the dark ride there as well.

Like ^ said, have fun! I LOVED Hersheypark last summer. Skyrush instantly became my favorite coaster, and Storm Runner and Fahrenheit are both fantastic (especially with the new soft restraints). I wasn't too impressed with any of their woodies, but they are good "supporting" attractions. Great Bear and SDL are excellent as well.

Be sure to ride Skyrush in the back left wing seat. I tried putting my hands up on the first drop but the ride pretty much forces you to cling on for dear life. It's such a masterpiece of a coaster that America really doesn't deserve, if you ask me.

Skyrush is nuts, but Storm Runner is actually my favorite ride there. It's like a better, longer version of Xcelerator.

The length is actually my lone complaint about Storm Runner (it's only 400 feet longer than Xcelerator). By the time I realized how much more fun it was than I was expecting, we hit the brakes. If it was longer I would have liked it more than Skyrush, I think. But no matter what, they're both a ton of fun and this park is fantastic, you'll have a great time there. Unfortunately I only got to ride three of the coasters because I was there with my kids, so I'm hoping to plan a trip back out there by myself in the next couple years.

While I love Storm Runner, I'm not the hugest fan of that slow barrel roll.

Love every other aspect of the coaster, but I'm just not a fan of those slower paced/hang time inversions like found on SR, Wicked Cyclone or Hydra - they just seem more uncomfortable & awkward than they are fun - more likely to get positive reaction from viewers than actual riders.

I would prefer to either take the inversions at a snappy pace or eliminate them altogether and throw in another air time hill in it's place.

Caveat/Disclaimer: Before someone takes offense because I said something negative about any of these coasters, know that I like them all...just not that one slow roll.

I'm just not a fan of those slower paced/hang time inversions like found on SR, Wicked Cyclone or Hydra
I rode WC on a cold day when it would have been running slow, and I didn't think it had anything but perfectly balanced floater air in the three inversions. I agree that hang time isn't the best, though.

I think my dislike of hang time is due it the force and the visual being synchronized. If I'm upside down, I kind of expect to fall towards the ground. Contrast that with when I'm upright yet getting launched (at more than -1G on something like Skyrush) out of the car.

^

Eddie: This is... This is a, sort of... corpse... in an open, oaken, oblong coffin... Silky lining. It's a dead body, Pats.

Patsy: Yeah, but is it art, Eddie?

Eddie: No, sweetie, it's my father.

Patsy: Are you sure?

Eddie: Yeah, I think so. But I've just never seen him in a suit before.