TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Well yall know I was gunning for an Intamin Skyjump, but I do appreciate a good S&S tower. I can never figure out why people are so ho-hum about them around here. And honestly, this might look pretty cool with all of them running at once. I dunno. Hershey needed a drop tower and here we are. Guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.

I thought this idea was a pretty clever nod to the park's guest height labeling system, but I admit that such nods become questionable when you're investing in ride technology of this sort. The progressive height differences don't seem significant enough to make enough of a difference from one tower to the next. I would think the increments would need to be more substantial.

Is the Hershey tower just a drop tower or a combo? If a combo, then I agree with you. If it's just a drop tower, then that Reese's Doubleshot will kill it, even being 60 feet shorter.

Here's what I got from the website, Andrew...looks like the tallest tower will be a combo. Given the fact that this is on the hill will make it seem like Power Tower high and I'm okay with that.

I prefer the Intamin towers myself, but S&S towers are pretty good.

Edit to the poster above: QFT.

Capture.JPG.24fa49f672c11bb012c0f8add347865c.JPG

^ Sweet, thanks for finding that. I'm sure it's in some obvious place on their website and I should kick myself for missing it.

So yeah, that Hershey's tower will kick A$$ and the Reese's tower is pretty much pointless.

TBH, I wouldn't be too convinced by that.

That ride cycle looks very

Anticlimatic

To me.

If you ask me, a Zamperla drop tower looks faster than that.

Is the Hershey tower just a drop tower or a combo? If a combo, then I agree with you. If it's just a drop tower, then that Reese's Doubleshot will kill it, even being 60 feet shorter.

Here's what I got from the website, Andrew...looks like the tallest tower will be a combo.

Ooh. Yeah. Yep. Uh-huh. I take back what I said.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that I'm curious about - are guests going to be confused about the labeling of the towers as Kisses, Reese's and Hershey's? Considering people leave their brains at home when they go on vacation, I'd feel kind of like we'll see a lot of guests try to take their small children on the Kisses tower because they're "tall enough" for the Kisses height category.

That looks like some serious airtime on the Kiss Tower. I was expecting some on that one, but not that much! lol

I still haven't got to see them test myself, but a friend of mine did see the Hershey Tower vehicle moving slowly up and down the tower yesterday.

The local TV station just did a story on the progress and it seems they are pretty far ahead of schedule with the queue just about ready to be poured. The video inside gives a closer view at the vehicles which use a newer seat style than other S&S Towers.

http://abc27.com/2017/02/17/work-continues-on-schedule-for-hersheyparks-newest-attraction/

Quick question for those of you who are familiar with the park. . .

I found out recently that I'll finally be getting to return back to the park!! My last visit to the park was the year Fahrenheit opened. I'm really looking forward to a visit to the park!!

However, I was browsing around on the website and couldn't find any information about a skip the line system for the park. I could be over looking it, or it might just not be published for 2017 yet... So, does anyone know if the park offers a skip the line program?? If so what's it like??

They do and it's terrible. It's something like a choice of two different 'tours' where you get your choice of only five coasters to skip the line on, and you only get one use each. Pretty sure it's only assigned seating too. Hopefully a local can offer more details.

That's true, but it's also quite affordable and if you end up there on a very busy day, worth it IMHO.

In the past they have had a few different packages - full day, half day AM or PM, and offers of different "groups" of coasters. Not the ideal system, but not a bad value.

We used it on a Saturday over a holiday weekend and it was worth it for that reason, but it's still not very good. They give you a time window but it does allow you to ride AFTER the end time as well, so hypothetically you could buy it, and then at the end of the day do all the coasters instead of spacing everything out since it's annoying and only one coaster scheduled per hour (or was it 45 min?)

Like others said, it's assigned seating but you do get right without any wait from what I remember.

This was 2 years ago so YMMV

This is why I'll continue to visit Hershey during HPITD. Crowds are totally manageable not to mention the park is so nice in autumn weather. Full disclosure: Ive never actually been during the summer but I've heard horror stories, and without a decent skip-the-line option I'd imagine packed hot summer days are absolutely brutal there. I don't want an experience like that to taint my glowing opinion of Hershey as a magical place. Hoping to get back in October. Need more laps on the most insane coaster ever built.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I visited Hersheypark last summer on Monday and Tuesday, June 20th and 21st, and the lines were extremely manageable. We had no need for the fast pass system whatsoever. It was beautiful weather as well. The longest line we waited in was for Laff Trakk, but it was still only about 30 minutes. Most of the big rides (Skyrush, Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, Great Bear, the woodies) were between 0-15 minutes long. It was a great couple days and I NEED to get more Skyrush soon!

This is why I'll continue to visit Hershey during HPITD. Crowds are totally manageable not to mention the park is so nice in autumn weather.

Yeah, you've totally sold me on that, it was awesome. It's a great alternative to the other parks in the region that are insanely busy on those days, plus they totally won me over when they added Coal Cracker to the HPITD lineup.

Thanks for the feedback on the line skip program. It's something I'll still look into, but hopefully won't need. I'm looking at visiting the park the last Friday in April, for the locals on here, what are crowds usually like around that time?? Thanks again!