TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed the front of Skyrush as well. Normally when you sit in the front of a coaster, you can see where you are going and you get a bunch of wind in your face. With Skyrush, not only do you get a great view, but you feel like you have the world's largest turbine in front of you for the duration of the ride. Combined with the intensity and "Holy Crap!" airtime, it's an amazing experience rivaled by few coasters out there.

The speed and intensity as you fly up into those first two airtime hills up front is unreal. Also the last hill. That thing is literally trying to kill you. Im addicted. What a great day.

More importantly though holy crap late October night rides on Coal Cracker!!! Best addition to Hersheypark in the Dark ever!

Now, the real $64,000 question... will they keep it open for Christmas Candylane?

Also damn you guys. I got zero rides on Skyrush this year due to most of my park visits this year being just me and the kiddo, and was filled with utter jealousy thanks to your running updates. *shakes fist*

I had to get out of bed at 3am and take Advil because my thighs were on fire.

So many great rides and such a great park. Very little waits for the most part too. Storm Runner is just flat out phenomenal. Fantastic day. I'll post some pictures later once I get to work and get some free time.

Yeah I'm pretty much hooked on front row of Skyrush. HOLYCRAP. I still love the back left/death seat but after 7 laps today, 3 in the front - it's a totally different ride up there. I think I like it more. My thighs are totally crushed. That 2ND airtime hill.

I've always been a back row edge guy on Skyrush (see below), so I'll have to give the front row another chance on my next visit. But the ejector airtime on this coaster is unmatched on anything I've ever ridden. It's the only coaster (besides X2) where I felt that I could fly off of it at any moment. Hershey has such a ridiculously great lineup, I just wish I didn't live on the other side of the country!

Picture-hpsk-20150618-0001553.thumb.jpg.1ab33469ba9ca8bda3ae17a6588a6187.jpg

^ There you go, Bill. "Ride The Edge". Told ya.

And yes, after all the crazy sh*t I've ridden, Skyrush will still, every ride without fail, give me butterflies as we load and get ripped up the lift. Its the only coaster that consistently, repeatedly manages to scare the living sh*t out of me (in the best way possible) every ride. I've given up trying to go hands up. I just hang on for dear life the entire ride, its a tiny bit more comfortable that way LOL. The airtime is just unreal.

And yes, after all the crazy sh*t I've ridden, Skyrush will still, every ride without fail, give me butterflies as we load and get ripped up the lift. Its the only coaster that consistently, repeatedly manages to scare the living sh*t out of me (in the best way possible) every ride. I've given up trying to go hands up. I just hang on for dear life the entire ride, its a tiny bit more comfortable that way LOL. The airtime is just unreal.

Matches my sentiments 100%. I don't rank coasters, but since Skyrush is the only coaster that created the feeling you described, it separates itself from the rest of the pack IMO.

Glad you guys had fun!

^ This. And I'm not new to loving Skyrush, it was the main reason for my visit. I love it even more now, but 7 rides in one day (3 in a row at the end of the night) definitely killed my thighs.

Even though I do feel quite a lot of pain while riding it (I always have my hands up which doesn't help) I keep doing it. It's one of those rides that makes me want to go back in line again. And I do agree that even after all the coasters I've been on this is special as it always makes me feel a bit anxious/nervous. It's just a shame that my legs get destroyed after a couple of consecutive rides.

This ride + plus storm runner makes Hershey one of my favorite if not my favorite park.

• 1 month later...

Spent this past weekend checking out their Christmas offering. Definitely even more of a focus on the family-friendly stuff than SFGAdv's HITP, with most of their major coasters being closed for the season, but I'll never turn down the opportunity to get a few more laps in on SooperDooperLooper when and where I can. Laff Trakk was also gussied up with some holiday decorations in the queue, station, and on-ride as well, and while it wasn't a huge departure from what it is outside of the holidays, it was definitely a nice breath of fresh air. It also helped that operations were pumping guests through like crazy for once. No more than a 15 minute wait at any point on Sunday from an outside start.

While it was a shame to see both Skyrush and Comet closed, I have to say, their light show in The Hollow section was absolutely amazing. Having all the lights in the area be synced up to the music makes for some wonderful views! And the $10 hot chocolate refill mug saw plenty of use the entire time. At only $19 a head + $9 parking, and having them still offer the preview night bonus hours, it was a fantastic deal for me and the family. Definitely enjoyed the heck out of it and hope to come back again next season for this.

Sounds like a fun time! My buddy took his kids up there this weekend as well, and they seemed to have a great time from what I could tell via FB. I wish they'd open more coasters. I think Great Adv has ruined all other holiday events for me by doing that. Also, is your camera broken?

Also, is your camera broken?

Nah, just most of the shots I took were either super boring crap or of the family. Besides 99% of my time was spent trying to wrangle the kids and keep them from running off. It's a lot more manageable with one, but with both of them at the same time? GAAAAAAAAH. The wife brought her DSLR though and is gonna be going through those shots as time permits, maybe she'll let me crosspost some of them.

I'd be interested in trying out the Christmas version of Laff Trakk. I wouldn't go out of my way for this event (though I might if I had kids) but we were in the area last year and stopped by for a few hours and thought it was pretty nice. I do want to find the lazy ass that decided to place the lights on the trees vertically instead of horizontally though and kick him in the balls. Seriously what the hell is this?