TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

It's also a little rough from the concrete floor and the grooves in the floor from where the wheel run and the annoying lap bars that you have to wait for a ride operator to release. I still ride the Whip when I am at the park and there is no line but the Mangels versions are so much better.

If you've ridden any other Whip, Hershey's isn't anything to write home about.

Fixed that for you. I've been on five other Whips (Kennywood, Idlewild, Knoebels, Dorney, Camden), all of the classic Mangels variety, and Hershey's is simply...meh?

Camden is far superior to all the others you have ridden. Only Camden and Rye Playland run the Whip as it was intended to run.

If you've ridden any other Whip, Hershey's isn't anything to write home about.

Fixed that for you.

This. Hershey's Whip sucks hard. It's slow as hell and runs a ridiculously short cycle.

we liked it, but we rode Whip at all the Penn parks we hit and liked all of them (Kennywood was our favorite). . and it's right there between the two coasters he's going on anyways

^ I like how you assume I'm gonna do Wildcat just cause I thought it wasn't that bad.

I'll skip it if I can, I still haven't ridden Comet, Trailblazer, Sidewinder (which, unless it's dead, I'll probably skip), the mouse, and Laff Trakk. Also only did the one side of Lightning Racer and definitely want to do that one again, not to mention ride the crap out of the Intamins and Great Bear.

I'll skip it if I can

I love how you say this as if there is some unseen force within you possibly forcing you to ride it.

I still haven't ridden... the mouse

Best... Mouse... Ever...!

I'll be with a group of people and some of them may want to ride it. If they do, I will, but if they don't, I won't. I don't hate the ride, but I also feel it would be a waste of time to ride it again. Its not terrible imo though. I've heard good things about the mouse and hope to give it a whirl.

^ Yes. I don't really care what it is as there isnt any real gems to choose from out of what I have yet to ride @ Hershey. Its ironic cause SDL was #50 my last visit this same time two years ago.

^ I like how you assume I'm gonna do Wildcat just cause I thought it wasn't that bad.

I'll skip it if I can, I still haven't ridden Comet, Trailblazer, Sidewinder (which, unless it's dead, I'll probably skip), the mouse, and Laff Trakk. Also only did the one side of Lightning Racer and definitely want to do that one again, not to mention ride the crap out of the Intamins and Great Bear.

Sidewinder has the new vest restraints, so there's no head-banging at all. It's probably the best boomerang coaster I've ridden. (And yes, I've ridden a lot of them as my kids love boomerangs.) The mouse is also one of the better mouse coasters and it's usually a walk-on.

Edited by VegasBaby

Yeah I'm pretty much hooked on front row of Skyrush. HOLYCRAP. I still love the back left/death seat but after 7 laps today, 3 in the front - it's a totally different ride up there. I think I like it more. My thighs are totally crushed. That 2ND airtime hill.