TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Question for the locals, or whoever can answer this.

What kind of crowds would you expect on Sunday, August 28th? I assume kids aren't back in school yet and that might be their last weekend to get to the park.

With that being said, how does their 'Fast Track Pass' work? You have to choose between 11AM and 5PM? Is it like a guided tour to each of the coasters?

Question for the locals, or whoever can answer this.

What kind of crowds would you expect on Sunday, August 28th? I assume kids aren't back in school yet and that might be their last weekend to get to the park.

With that being said, how does their 'Fast Track Pass' work? You have to choose between 11AM and 5PM? Is it like a guided tour to each of the coasters?

Actually kids in our area go back to school on the 22nd so you should be ok.

Gotcha. But do you know why you can either start at 11AM or 5PM?

So if I don't get there until noon, I have to wait until 5 to use it?

Yes that's correct. They have two different time periods. If I'm not mistaken, when you get your fast pass there are also designated times for certain rollercoasters. It really is not worth it and is something you won't need on a Sunday like that. You will be good to go

This makes me sad. I assume they are attempting to power through the rest of the season before they can fix whatever issue they have but really what is going on here?

FB_IMG_1471608962587.jpg.56b6c837238e6dc8cb2aa30816fe499b.jpg

Posted in the Hershey connoisseurs group

Yeah it's amazing to me how they have been running the trains like this for 2 weeks now on the main attraction. My guess would be it has to do with the cylinders. I noticed the one train doesn't even "unlock" on the break run anymore

For people who know about this place...

I'm in DC and might road trip up to Hersheypark Saturday. Does anyone know if it would even be worth it? I don't live in DC, so I'm not sure what traffic to expect.

I'd assume the park will be slammed, so would it be worth a 2hr drive? Could I even get to ride everything?

Thanks for the help!

I'm in DC and might road trip up to Hersheypark Saturday. Does anyone know if it would even be worth it? I don't live in DC, so I'm not sure what traffic to expect.

I'd assume the park will be slammed, so would it be worth a 2hr drive? Could I even get to ride everything?

Thanks for the help!

Yes. It's worth it. Get the awful skip the line pass.

Thanks for the help!

Do you think I could still manage to ride everything without blowing $60? Will it be that crowded?

How does that pass even work? Start time? Do you do all the rides at once?

^ You can probably do the whole park in a day w/o their sh*tty flash pass if you are strategic and skip the stuff in the front of the park (Skyrush, etc) til later and go right to Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk. If you get those out of the way early you can certainly get everything else in. Hershey is a great park (the best! imo) so yes its worth a 2 hour drive.

^ You can probably do the whole park in a day w/o their sh*tty flash pass if you are strategic and skip the stuff in the front of the park (Skyrush, etc) til later and go right to Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk. If you get those out of the way early you can certainly get everything else in. Hershey is a great park (the best! imo) so yes its worth a 2 hour drive.

Or you could drive 30 mins and visit six flags America where there is practically no lines and cheaper than hp.

Thanks for the help!

Do you think I could still manage to ride everything without blowing $60? Will it be that crowded?

How does that pass even work? Start time? Do you do all the rides at once?

If you get there when they open you can absolutely do it (easy with only a 2 hour drive or so). Ride Laff Trakk and Farenheit first, then work your way from the back to the front.

Or you could drive 30 mins and visit six flags America where there is practically no lines and cheaper than hp.

It's cheaper because it sucks. Six Flags America is awful and shouldn't even be in the same conversation as a park like Hershey. There's a reason there are never lines and nobody ever goes there despite the fact that it's right between two huge metropolitan areas and there are still no lines even when every coaster runs one train. At Hershey every coaster (except obviously the boomerang) runs multiple trains and lines are still long despite the fact that it's in the middle of nowhere because people are willing to travel for a park that doesn't suck like Six Flags America.

Don't listen to this awful advice. Go to Hershey. it's infinitely better in every possible way.

Edited by coasterbill

Or you could drive 30 mins and visit six flags America where the coasters are vastly inferior to Hersheys and you'll be bored in less than 3 hours

Fixed.

Or you could drive 30 mins and visit six flags America where the coasters are vastly inferior to Hersheys and you'll be bored in less than 3 hours

Fixed.

Already went

If you get there when they open you can absolutely do it (easy with only a 2 hour drive or so). Ride Laff Trakk and Fahrenheit first, then work your way from the back to the front.

That doesn't seem too bad...

Do some lines get long? My friend told me that Great Bear and Skyrush get huuuuuuuuuge lines. Those seem like the ones to skip if necessary...

^ Do not skip either of those rides. Just skip them until later in the day. Start in the back and work your way to the front. The slow moving lines of Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk are what you should be worried about. If you need to skip a couple? Sidewinder and Wildcat.

^ Do not skip either of those rides. Just skip them until later in the day. Start in the back and work your way to the front. The slow moving lines of Fahrenheit and Laff Trakk are what you should be worried about. If you need to skip a couple? Sidewinder and Wildcat.

Agreed. But if you hit both of these early (after you get off Farenheit and Laff Trakk), lines should be manageable. Also you can save Lightning Racer for later since it never has a line but DO NOT SKIP IT. It's a great ride. Ride Storm Runner semi-early also.

Yeah I always do Fahrenheit first, and then do Lafftrack. After that I will then do Wildcat, Sidewinder, Trailblazer, etc. Once the back is done, and time has been spent - the rides at the front of the park will all be manageable. Storm Runner's queue always seems to move, and I've ridden this at various times in the day. Great Bear will turn into a walk on later in the day, same with Sky Rush. Comet manages to always have a line whenever I go, but it usually is just the ramp that is full. The only queue I despise is Fahrenheit and Lafftrack.