TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I was at the park on Saturday and it was running normally in the morning. Around 3 we had a brief downpour and everything closed. I'd say by 3:30 everything was testing again but Skyrush literally CRAWLED up the lift. I'm not sure how it made it through the course of the ride because it went over the lift slower than a snail.

Wait what? The lift/drop on Skyrush are twice as high as any other hill on the ride. I'm certain the train would make it through the course no matter how fast/slow it went up and over the lift. In fact in testing videos when the ride opened they would inch it over the crest and it made it through the course no problem at all.

I keep forgetting that text has no inflection to convey meaning. I was exaggerating to express how very very painfully slow they took the train up the lift. We watched it for a good 5 minutes while we ate at the pizza place in the Hollow.

I got to the park at about 8pm Saturday...started off with comet but noted that skyrush was sending one of its trains out empty every time and loading the other one. I went to ride it next and they had removed one train. The train they were running had over a quarter of the seats roped off in random spots and the ride ops were having trouble putting the right amount of people in each row. The line only had 3 switchbacks filled but still took over 45 minutes due to running with only one partially filled train.

Didn't go back into that area Sunday so don't know what happened beyond that.

When I went back on the 29th, the last ride that my friend and I did for the day was front row on Skyrush. Although the wait looked shorter than normal (for front), it was actually longer, as several seats on both trains (one in the first row for each plus others farther back) were roped off.

I ate in downtown Hershey last night and had a view close to the Skyrush lift hill and it seemed as if each train was full that was going. They were doing pretty good on dispatch times as well

Speaking of the downtown area, I thought there were projects planned to improve it and to do something with the old site of the chocolate factory. Is anything in the process of happening? Theres so much potential there for shops and restaurants. Even the old monorail stop is there, so maybe in the future people can be able to leave the park through that and head to town for lunch/dinner then go back to the park.

I keep forgetting that text has no inflection to convey meaning. I was exaggerating to express how very very painfully slow they took the train up the lift. We watched it for a good 5 minutes while we ate at the pizza place in the Hollow.

THE INTAMIN CABLE STRIKES AGAIN.

I ate in downtown Hershey last night and had a view close to the Skyrush lift hill and it seemed as if each train was full that was going. They were doing pretty good on dispatch times as well

Speaking of the downtown area, I thought there were projects planned to improve it and to do something with the old site of the chocolate factory. Is anything in the process of happening? Theres so much potential there for shops and restaurants. Even the old monorail stop is there, so maybe in the future people can be able to leave the park through that and head to town for lunch/dinner then go back to the park.

I too was wondering this. I remember a while back there were rumors of a hotel or something where they tore down some of the factory. Other than that, they did re-do a lot of downtown over the past few years, the new firehouse just opened. They are also nearing completion on the re-route of Park Ave which I would say is probably their main focus right now.

Also, I was at the park Friday, and they really need to fix Skyrush. They had trains of 12 people going out when the line was 45mins long. They had about 8 seats blocked off on one train and 13 on another. I wonder if this could be an issue with the cylinders. I noticed one train didn't do the "release" on the break run as well

The problem is the amount of seats that are out of service. It's almost concerning. When I was there the 7th and the 8th, I counted 8 blocked off seats PER TRAIN. That makes loading a nightmare, because the grouper has to have a sheet with a diagram of which seats have been tagged out. Credit where credit's due, though, they were sending out trains at a very good pace.

I'm Planning to go to Hersheypark next week on Thursday night (preview plan) and for most of the day Friday.

I've been there a few times, with the most recent being in 2014. I doubt we will hit the waterpark unless it's extremely hot, so I was wondering if there was a ride-order to do and if any of you can recommend anything for lunch. Also, what is the rule about adults riding the kiddie coaster?

Thank you in advance.

I'm Planning to go to Hersheypark next week on Thursday night (preview plan) and for most of the day Friday.

I've been there a few times, with the most recent being in 2014. I doubt we will hit the waterpark unless it's extremely hot, so I was wondering if there was a ride-order to do and if any of you can recommend anything for lunch. Also, what is the rule about adults riding the kiddie coaster?

Thank you in advance.

According to the site, anyone above 48" can ride alone, so credit whore away.

Thank you in advance.

First, our weather lately has been sickeningly hot and humid. Rain at some point (briefly) most days then right back to super humid.

As for ride order, hit Fahrenheit and LaffTrakk first as their lines are long and slow. Then head back to LR and work your way forward ending in the Hollow. Skyrush clears out in the evening so you should be able to hit that several times between the 2 days.

Last, if you're willing to leave the park for lunch, hit Troeg's. Leave the lot and take a right on Hersheypark Dr. The brewery is just past the outlets on the right. Amazing amazing food. You can't go wrong there.

Thank you in advance.

I can verify that they allow you to ride Cocoa Cruiser without a child. Yes, I have the credit.

Thank you in advance.

I can verify that they allow you to ride Cocoa Cruiser without a child. Yes, I have the credit.

I don't have it. Every time I go to the park it's with my dad, and if he saw me riding it I think he'd leave the park and drive home right then and there.

They had about 8 seats blocked off on one train and 13 on another. I wonder if this could be an issue with the cylinders. I noticed one train didn't do the "release" on the break run as well

Dear god, 13 seats blocked off on one train?? At that point you think they would just take the train off the track and fix it.

Thank you in advance.

I don't have it. Every time I go to the park it's with my dad, and if he saw me riding it I think he'd leave the park and drive home right then and there.

I've been to Hersheypark twice, and have yet to ride it either. There was like, one or two years early in my coaster enthusiasm where I rode all the kiddie coasters. But as of late, I don't bother, and definitely don't "miss" getting the "credits"...

So really... go to the back first instead of hitting Skyrush at opening? Do they still have the little path that goes along the river that I could use as a shortcut?

Yes. Skyrush is part of the early opening for resort guests and will have a line first thing at general opening. The little path is still there. I usually hit Fahrenheit (can get in 2 or 3 rides in 5-10 minutes) then Laff Trakk. I was there the Saturday of the Mixtape Festival and by 10:30 had ridden both with no problem. If you wait for either of those 2 you'll end up with an hour minimum because they are slow. Skyrush clears out by 3 or so and after about 8 is almost a walk on.

Maybe Knobels will buy it, be a good addition there.

Sure, yet another ride that has to wait for parts from Europe, right?

In all seriousness, where would Knoebels put it? I could only see them installing it in place of Wipeout, there just aren't many spots for big ride pads that I know of that wouldn't require a bunch of trees to be ripped out of the ground.

Maybe Knobels will buy it, be a good addition there.

Sure, yet another ride that has to wait for parts from Europe, right?

In all seriousness, where would Knoebels put it? I could only see them installing it in place of Wipeout, there just aren't many spots for big ride pads that I know of that wouldn't require a bunch of trees to be ripped out of the ground.

I've only been to the park once, but i think they could rearrange the Twister plaza a bit and fit it there. It also seemed to me like the area near Skloosh could hold a large flat with a little tweeking of the mobile rides. Just a wishful thought as i rode Flying Falcon and went to Knoebels in the same trip. I plan to visit both parks again at some point, and just seems that Knoebels would be a lovely home for Flying Falcon if Hershey chooses not to relocate it. Just an opinion.