TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Also, in the video. The 3 is made of Hershey's Kisses, the 2 is made of reese's and the 1 is made of Hershey bars. The 3,2,1 could represent 3 towers with each candy being the minimum height requirement for each tower.

This latest clue makes me think they are really getting ride of one of their most unique attractions, the Kissing Tower. I think they need a drop tower, but not at the expense of letting go of such an beloved attraction. This is like Disneyland turning its a Small World into an indoor roller coaster. With that said, I hope I am wrong. I also hope that Hershey does not miss the opportunity to name their new ride, 'Chocolate DROP"!

If they did a 3-part ultra tower, one could be themed to Kisses, one themed to Hershey Bars, then one to Reese's. And those could be the "chocolates" on each side. The wooden coaster in the background may be supposed to be Wildcat, since a lot of people want it removed, lack of popularity and the fact that it's in Midway America, which is located on a hill. If they removed Wildcat, I think that would be a lot better than removing the Kissing Tower. Because while I don't personally care about either ride being removed, at least Kissing Tower doesn't suck and it's a more important attraction.

They're not getting rid of the Kissing Tower. They're having the tower redone electronically in the very near future. They were supposed to have it done this year but they dragged their feet getting the order in. The Kissing Tower isn't going anywhere.

How accurate are the wait times in the Hersheypark app? I'm going there with a bunch of family in a couple weeks (Thursday the 28th) and the app would be nice if it's at least somewhat accurate.

Very accurate when we went a couple of weeks ago, on a Thursday.

Yes it seems to go up to about 100ft tall and is an enclosed 4D 3D drop tower simulator type of ride. As mentioned in this most recent clue it seems that each side might have a different thrill factor allowing smaller kids to ride certain sides or something. It's also a complete people eater

Both Intamin's website and Raven Sun Creative say that the tower can be completely personalized to the parks wants so I assume Hershey could put whatever they wanted in the simulator. I'm assuming it'll be chocolate themed with all these hints including chocolate.

My read of the Ultra Tower is that it combines some drop tower elements with a simulator, like of like how IOA's Spiderman ride combines a simulator with real motion by a car on a track. This seems to have more potential for thrilling physical elements than Spiderman does, though.

I highly doubt it would be something like an Ultra Tower. I am willing to bet those things cost a fortune and if they would want to do three towers of something like that, it wouldn't fit into the footprint especially when you factor in the amount of space you'd need for queue lines, maintenance areas and maybe a pre-show area.

It wouldn't be 3 towers it would just be one with 3-4 sides if that makes sense. Who knows.

On a side note I saw someone say they had a rough ride on Storm Runner which absolutely shocks me. I have had the smoothest rides on it for as long as I can remember this year.

I highly doubt it would be something like an Ultra Tower. I am willing to bet those things cost a fortune and if they would want to do three towers of something like that, it wouldn't fit into the footprint especially when you factor in the amount of space you'd need for queue lines, maintenance areas and maybe a pre-show area.

On the Intamin Website, the 4 tower ride is 86.22 x 86.22 feet (including the walls for the simulator). That model could just manage to fit in the area where the kiddie rides are in Kissing Tower Hill. By making a 3 tower ride, it would be even smaller, with more room for a themed queue and maybe even a pre-show. But it does probably cost a lot!

It wouldn't be 3 towers it would just be one with 3-4 sides if that makes sense. Who knows.

On a side note I saw someone say they had a rough ride on Storm Runner which absolutely shocks me. I have had the smoothest rides on it for as long as I can remember this year.

It was in my review a couple pages back. Rough is probably a little bit of an overstatement, but there was a decent vibration in the valley after the top hat. My wife is very sensitive to roughness so I think in knowing that, I am more in tune to roughness/vibrations when riding. Both of our rides were in the back half of the train FWIW. Even so, it competes for best ride in the park IMO.

How accurate are the wait times in the Hersheypark app? I'm going there with a bunch of family in a couple weeks (Thursday the 28th) and the app would be nice if it's at least somewhat accurate.

Very accurate when we went a couple of weeks ago, on a Thursday.

Thank you for this! I've asked questions about this park a few times over the past 6 months or so and you've all been really helpful.

Another question - what about loose articles on rides? Reading through the FAQs on Hersheypark's site I see that they have daily lockers for $15 as well as complimentary lockers for Skyrush, SDL, and Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge. I also read that loose articles are not permitted on rides, but do they enforce any policies here? I assume larger items like backpacks aren't allowed on any rides, but do they have bins in any of the stations or is it just the daily lockers in the locations listed in their FAQ and the complimentary lockers at those three rides? I read some posts from a week ago that said there are small storage bins in Skyrush's station for small items like phones, so I'm curious about the rest of the park. Thanks everyone!