TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

The wild mouse at Hershey is easily one of the best if not the best Ive ever ridden. It's batsh*t crazy! It takes the turns at such a high speed its terrifying.

I agree! I've been on a fair number of wild mice and Hershey's is easily the most intense. It runs the way every wild mouse should run.

To take the topic back to the 2017 addition: I'm willing to bet that the park will install a drop tower ("Chocolate covers every side" could be multiple sides / views along the lines of most circular drop rides), but I'm not sold on a Kissing Tower conversion. Has any park ever actually done that before? Wouldn't it make more sense to just remove it and add the proper tower in its place?

To take the topic back to the 2017 addition: I'm willing to bet that the park will install a drop tower ("Chocolate covers every side" could be multiple sides / views along the lines of most circular drop rides), but I'm not sold on a Kissing Tower conversion. Has any park ever actually done that before? Wouldn't it make more sense to just remove it and add the proper tower in its place?

Liseberg just did it a few years back with their old observation tower.

I think a conversion would be cool but KT is such a family friendly attraction that, like mentioned, gives great views, something the whole family can ride. If they made it into a drop tower it would lose all that. Outside of a drop tower I really think a large swing ride would be a great addition as well

I mean I don't see why they couldn't add a drop tower without converting the Kiss Tower. Drop towers usually have small footprints anyway. Im guessing it will be some type of Intamin drop tower. Knoebels has a Larson Arm and Dorney has S&S as well as Demon Drop.

I mean I don't see why they couldn't add a drop tower without converting the Kiss Tower. Drop towers usually have small footprints anyway. Im guessing it will be some type of Intamin drop tower. Knoebels has a Larson Arm and Dorney has S&S as well as Demon Drop.

Not to mention Hershey's strong relationship with Intamin. I think a Falcon's Fury style drop tower would be perfect, but that doesn't really fit in with the clues.

There are survey markings in the area of Flying Falcon. I doubt any addition will involve the Kissing Tower. I will be at the park every day for the rest of the week. I'll try to snap some pics of that area and the markings.

I'd love to see Hersheypark add in a new drop tower since they have to be the biggest thrill park in the country without one.

Not to mention Hershey's strong relationship with Intamin. I think a Falcon's Fury style drop tower would be perfect, but that doesn't really fit in with the clues.

I'm just hoping the troubles with Skyrush its opening year hasn't hurt Hershey's relationship with Intamin too much. I'd love to see a Falcon's Fury type ride and it would definitely be unique for the region.

Going to Hershey Park for the first time next week and was wondering what rides will give me problems as I'm 6'5" 325 but evenly proportioned with a 44" waist. I'm not too concerned about the rides with OTSR since I really don't like riding alone as my wife won't ride those and my son isn't ready yet. Any insight/info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Going to Hershey Park for the first time next week and was wondering what rides will give me problems as I'm 6'5" 325 but evenly proportioned with a 44" waist. I'm not too concerned about the rides with OTSR since I really don't like riding alone as my wife won't ride those and my son isn't ready yet. Any insight/info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For rides that might might give you an issue with just a lapbar, Skyrush isn't too bad, but make sure you cross your legs when you go to sit on Laff Trakk. This makes the bar go down further. The other coasters might not be much of an issue.

Quick question while we're on the topic of Laff Trakk. How "forceful or intense" is it? Hear me out. We're taking a family trip and I think my mom would love the ride. However, she has a really bad neck and I don't want to have her ride it if there's a chance it may be uncomfortable for her. In the past she loved rides along the lines of scramblers, but I don't know what she can do now.

If she has a "really bad neck" as you put it, she shouldn't be on any coaster, let alone one that sells itself on disorientation.

My mother's back has deteriorated over the last decade or so. In the past, she loved rides and would do them all with us, but now it's just not a smart move to try and risk it, even on seemingly mundane coasters. As much as I'd like her to experience some of the new stuff out there, it's much smarter to play it safe with your health, especially with neck and back injuries.

Sucks, but c'est la vie. The nice thing about Hersheypark is there's plenty she'd still be able to do with you guys (transport rides, Zooamerica, Chocolate World, etc).

The ride itself is very smooth and not what I would call forceful. However there are a couple sets of mid course brakes that can grab hard and that is way too jerky for someone with a bad neck. The problem is you never know from ride to ride if those brakes will be needed. Sometimes you coast right through and others you get jerked to almost a complete stop. I think it has to do with the loading/unloading of riders that need a little more assistance.

defrocker: Based on your situation

GOOD ADVICE

If she has a "really bad neck" as you put it, she shouldn't be on any coaster, let alone one that sells itself on disorientation.

My mother's back has deteriorated over the last decade or so. In the past, she loved rides and would do them all with us, but now it's just not a smart move to try and risk it, even on seemingly mundane coasters. As much as I'd like her to experience some of the new stuff out there, it's much smarter to play it safe with your health, especially with neck and back injuries.

Sucks, but c'est la vie. The nice thing about Hersheypark is there's plenty she'd still be able to do with you guys (transport rides, Zooamerica, Chocolate World, etc).

Edited by larrygator

Larry I was trying to tell him to not take the chance. So not sure how that's bad advice. If it was worded poorly in your opinion I apologize. I find that the ride itself is not forceful, it is super smooth. However I've ridden several times where the brakes are quite jarring. I do agree that back, neck, and heart concerns are a no go on coasters. I was only giving my opinion on the ride.

I just want to throw this out there. You are no longer allowed to store bags on the platform on Skyrush. You are required to leave them with a non-rider, or rent a locker. Thankfully, the locker rental is free for the first 2 hours and 20 minutes.