TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

He expressed concern over price so you recommend the lodge?

If I recall correctly, there is a website a few pages back that had a link to a website where the boy scouts were selling fundraiser tickets. They were reasonably priced.

the lodge was comparable to a Holiday Inn. . so if he's staying overnight anyways, yeah staying at the lodge (which makes parking free, gives you the hour extra the day of, and an opportunity to buy cheaper tickets).

yeah, I recommended the Lodge.

Decided to take a trip here next Saturday and I just had a humbling experience looking at admission prices lol. Being a pass holder to virtually every major corporate park chain minus Disney, seeing the one day price is definitely sticker shock! How can I get it cheaper? I've notice the last you hours are included on the next day ticket, would you have to pay for parking twice? Looks like I need to do laff and ferenheit first correct? Any other tid bits and tips? Anyone else going to be there?

Keep your parking receipt from the prior night. Show that and your admission ticket at the parking booth on the second day.

If I recall correctly, there is a website a few pages back that had a link to a website where the boy scouts were selling fundraiser tickets. They were reasonably priced.

the lodge was comparable to a Holiday Inn. . so if he's staying overnight anyways, yeah staying at the lodge (which makes parking free, gives you the hour extra the day of, and an opportunity to buy cheaper tickets).

Maybe it was the dates I looked for a quote but when I looked it was in the ballpark of $400/night for the lodge for the cheapest available. We ended up booking elsewhere for $85/night. Who knows, maybe the time he is looking will be a good time?

Maybe it was the dates I looked for a quote but when I looked it was in the ballpark of $400/night for the lodge for the cheapest available. We ended up booking elsewhere for $85/night. Who knows, maybe the time he is looking will be a good time?

that's shocking for the Lodge (for the higher end Hotel Hershey, I could see that).

we paid less than $140 a night, and if you stay mid-week, it's even cheaper.

but yeah, with the new "waterpark" opening at the lodge, and they ARE in the High-Season (the Summer) now, the weekend price does seem to be hovering between $220-$280 a night.

Still reasonable (depending what level of comfort you want in a hotel).

but maybe out of Jamor's range.

that's shocking for the Lodge (for the higher end Hotel Hershey, I could see that).

but yeah, with the new "waterpark" opening at the lodge, and they ARE in the High-Season (the Summer) now, the weekend price does seem to be hovering between $220-$280 a night.

For Thursday, July 14th, it's $299.99. No thanks.

Decided to take a trip here next Saturday and I just had a humbling experience looking at admission prices lol. Being a pass holder to virtually every major corporate park chain minus Disney, seeing the one day price is definitely sticker shock! How can I get it cheaper? I've notice the last you hours are included on the next day ticket, would you have to pay for parking twice? Looks like I need to do laff and ferenheit first correct? Any other tid bits and tips? Anyone else going to be there?

You do not pay twice. You'll pay for parking when you go in the evening. Keep your ticket and the next day you'll show them and trek them you were there the previous night for the preview hours.

I went up there a few weeks for the Beyonce concert. We got the boyscouts tickets for like 50 bucks and went used the twilight hours. It was the best experience I had at an amusement park in a while. We did half the park that night. You do pay for parking twice.

Thanks guys. I booked some place for 65 with tax in harrisburg. Like 30 mins from the park. If I weren't gonna be in the room for more than to sleep for the night, I would look for fancier digs. Now, If I can leave Knoebels by 7 im def gonna take advantage of the preview hours!

Thanks guys. I booked some place for 65 with tax in harrisburg. Like 30 mins from the park. If I weren't gonna be in the room for more than to sleep for the night, I would look for fancier digs. Now, If I can leave Knoebels by 7 im def gonna take advantage of the preview hours!

Just watch your back at night in Harrisburg. The crime rate is awful and we have seen a ton of nighttime muggings lately.

I just got back from a road trip to Hersheypark and the awesome Lightning Racer. I was wondering why the ride ops check your lap bar but not your seat belt. Also, why is the noise going up the lift hill so much louder than on other coasters? Any insights would be appreciated.

I just got back from a road trip to Hersheypark and the awesome Lightning Racer. I was wondering why the ride ops check your lap bar but not your seat belt. Also, why is the noise going up the lift hill so much louder than on other coasters? Any insights would be appreciated.

The hersheypark app lists skyrush as closed right now, can you confirm that? Did it run during your visit?

For Thursday, July 14th, it's $299.99. No thanks.

Not sure of the dates, but prices could be inflated due to the DNC in Philadelphia. I know Hershey isn't THAT close to Phillie but RNC delegates are staying as far away as Sandusky for the convention in Cleveland. May just be unfortunate planning for those outrageous prices this season.

Just watch your back at night in Harrisburg. The crime rate is awful and we have seen a ton of nighttime muggings lately.

oh dear!

oh dear!

If you don't mind a slightly longer drive, look into the Mechanicsburg or Camp Hill area. Suburban setting, quiet, safer. I live in Mechanicsburg and it's about a half hour drive to the park.

oh dear!

We stayed in Harrisburg when we went in early June. Whenever we we go back, we'll stay somewhere else! If that tells you anything. And some useful knowledge, you can't buy beer in gas stations or grocery stores up there. It was one the strangest alcohol policies i've seen in the great United States. Just a tip off i wish i knew about before visiting.

oh dear!

We stayed in Harrisburg when we went in early June. Whenever we we go back, we'll stay somewhere else! If that tells you anything. And some useful knowledge, you can't buy beer in gas stations or grocery stores up there. It was one the strangest alcohol policies i've seen in the great United States. Just a tip off i wish i knew about before visiting.

Our state laws are changing. You can buy beer by the six pack in limited grocery stores. Stay in the Mechanicsburg area next time. You can get beer in the Giant Food stores and Wegman's.

Any idea how the lines are on Fridays in July? I'm trying to plan a list for which rides I'm doing in order, and want to make sure I'll get everything major in. I've been there before, so it won't be the end of the world if I miss a ride or two.

Fridays can be pretty busy. Plan to hit Fahrenheit or Laff Trak first. After that start at Lightning Racer and work your way forward. When you get back to the area of Fahrenheit head over to Storm Runner then down the path under Storm Runner's launch and up to Great Bear then down into the Hollow to grab the last 3. You can use the app but I've found that wait times aren't always accurate.

When I last rode Wild Mouse, they had none of the mid-course brakes turned on. It made it one of the better wild mouses I've been on, but at the end of the day, it's still just a wild mouse.