TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know where to get the best discount on tickets for the park? My group of 3 will be visiting in July.

This is the best discount I've found so far for single-day tickets:

http://padutchbsa.org/discounted-hersheypark-tickets/

Close to a $20 savings if you order by the 4th of July, and they're good through the last operating weekend in September.

I'm going to be at the park starting at 7:30 Monday night and all day Tuesday. Do any of you veterans have any words of wisdom for me? I know I should go to Fahrenheit first thing Tuesday morning.

If anyone would like to meet up for some rides, please let me know. Thanks.

^ I was there last week, and if your arriving at 7:30 on a Monday, if you walk fast you should be able to get all 14 credits in that 2 and half hours before close. Spend your second day focusing on what you want re-rides of. We were there for 4 days and every night around 7'ish it was as line's for anything became non-existent, even front row for Skyrush was a two train wait at most. (I prefer the back personally) Have an excellent trip, It was my first trip there and i was truly blown away at how great this park is, i'm sure you will be too.

I'm going to be at the park starting at 7:30 Monday night and all day Tuesday. Do any of you veterans have any words of wisdom for me? I know I should go to Fahrenheit first thing Tuesday morning.

If anyone would like to meet up for some rides, please let me know. Thanks.

On Monday night, you should be able to get multiple rides on all the big coasters. When we went last June, the park really died out after 8pm and everything was pretty much a walk on. For Monday night, I'd hit up Skyrush 2-3 times and then make your way back to Fahrenheit and Storm Runner. I did the preview night last year and got 2-3 rides on each of the 3 Intamins in the last two hours. If you have time before the 10pm close, you might want to ride Laff Track as well since that gets one of the longest lines in the park. If not, I'd head to Laff Track at opening and knock that one out. Then you can hit Lightning Racer several times as it should be a walk on in the morning. LR gets overlooked due to the Intamins, but its a great coaster and one of my top woodies.

This is a great time of year to visit the park and your lines should be minimal on Tuesday. We spent 3 days at the park last June and loved every minute of it!

Edited by VegasBaby

I'm headed to the park hopefully sometime in the next two months, and I wanted to know: do the new restraints on SR help a lot? Last time when I was there, everything was smooth until the flying snake dive, which was a whole bunch of

I love the launch and the rest of the ride, but the flying snake dive ruined the experience.

I'm headed to the park hopefully sometime in the next two months, and I wanted to know: do the new restraints on SR help a lot? Last time when I was there, everything was smooth until the flying snake dive, which was a whole bunch of

I love the launch and the rest of the ride, but the flying snake dive ruined the experience.

It is a little harsh unless if you brace yourself for that part, but I didn't have a problem before with it, but the new restraints are even better! The soft harnesses for Fahrenheit and Storm Runner are excellent in my opinion.

We're heading to the park on Wednesday. Are there any 'can't miss' flats or other rides, outside of the coasters? What can we expect for lines?

The log flume (Coal Cracker) is a lot of fun and is usually a short wait. It has a bump at the bottom, so you get a nice pop of airtime. Other flats we really enjoyed were Frontier Flyers (Larson Scooters), The Claw (swinging pendulum), The Howler (like spinning tea cups in the air), and the Flying Falcon (Huss Condor). I would expect the lines to be pretty minimal, this is a great time of year to visit the park. The longest lines will probably be Laff Track, Fahrenheit, and the water slides (if it's a hot day).

Just been today - major disappointment compared to the others I've been over the past 3 weeks.

Operations were rubbish, rides were average, Fast Track was an absolute joke.

It ranks dead last, way behind CW in my book.

We're heading to the park on Wednesday. Are there any 'can't miss' flats or other rides, outside of the coasters? What can we expect for lines?

Flying Falcon!! It's a scrambler in the air. Really fun, love the colors on the birds and it's my favorite flat. I've not run into one at any other parks I've been to. Coal Cracker (log flume) and The Whip are also fun. Enjoy your day, it's a great park but remember to bring your sneakers for all the hills!

Right outside the park at Chocolate World they updated their dark ride. Also, Coal Cracker is one of the best log flumes out there in my opinion! Tidal Force is by far the wettest ride I've ever been on, and it feels like you're being drowned for what feels like forever. So I'd only do that if you were going to the water park. The flat ride selection isn't that good, but they have a Whip and The Claw. Frontier Flyers isn't anything special, but it's one of the better Larson Flyers out there. And they also have a Huss Condor which is pretty rare, plus nearly every family ride imaginable.

The log flume (Coal Cracker) is a lot of fun and is usually a short wait. It has a bump at the bottom, so you get a nice pop of airtime.

Do NOT under ANY circumstances pack the boat in Coal Cracker with more than four people. If you do, the person jammed in the front is in for a nasty surprise when the boat hits that bump.

No, but I enjoy Coal Cracker, Howler and Flying Falcon. Lines will be long because it's Hershey and they always are.

A great drop tower is just what Hershey needs (besides an RMC of Wildcat but that can wait). Notice the 1 is "dropped" compared to the other numbers.

A great drop tower is just what Hershey needs (besides an RMC of Wildcat but that can wait). Notice the 1 is "dropped" compared to the other numbers.

Since we've already lost our sh*t this morning... the background looks like a KitKat bar.

Give me a break... give me a break... break... break... they have a good relationship with Intamin. Intamin's break a lot. Sounds like an Intamin Drop tower.