TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Help me out here folks. With the announced updates to the factory tour ride at Chocolate World, I was curious to know if there are any blue prints or fan made artwork of the ride's layout anywhere online. Does anyone know of anything like that and where to find it?

Coming out of the shadows to reply to this, the only picture I've found of Chocolate World's ride layout was on the Hershey Community Archives site.

http://blog.hersheyarchives.org/2015/10/21/hersheyarchives30-28-the-wonderful-world-of-chocolate-hersheys-chocolate-world/

A watermarked, low-resolution, black-and-white copy, but the layout is, at least, traceable.

Looking for some trip advice, anything you can offer is appreciated.

I'm looking at visiting in April or early May. I see that Hershey is open April 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th for Spring operation, and then starts summer hours the 29th and 30th. Which of those dates would be best to visit? I'm also looking at visiting Knoebel's around the same time, but it's only open starting the 29th and 30th. I'm also planning on visiting SFGAdv and SFNE and they're open every weekend, plus SFNE on weekdays in April. I don't necessarily want to do all those parks back to back, but keep in mind that I'll need to have a car rented for those trips.

Also, how busy might the park be? Like relatively easy to get everything done + rerides or should I plan to buy a Fast Track pass?

If you're going to be spending a night in Hershey, I strongly recommend staying at the Lodge. The hour of early access that you get is ridiculously worth it; you could easily get your fill of re-rides on Skyrush, SDL and Comet during the first hour, and then be first in line for Laff Trakk or Fahrenheit when they open the rest of the park.

If you're going to be spending a night in Hershey, I strongly recommend staying at the Lodge. The hour of early access that you get is ridiculously worth it; you could easily get your fill of re-rides on Skyrush, SDL and Comet during the first hour, and then be first in line for Laff Trakk or Fahrenheit when they open the rest of the park.

This is great advice, that hour of early entry is almost like having ERT on Skyrush, SDL, and Comet. Another bonus of staying at the Lodge (or the Herhsey Hotel, but that is more expensive), is that you get an extra hour on the preview night (3.5 hours vs 2.5 hours).

I see this photo randomly floating around Twitter today..bigger interest is when did they add this box? I don't recall it over summer but it may have been added late summer and into fall

I've seen many types of these boxes from various parks, so if you value your valuables, either have coat pockets that has zippers or invest some money into renting a "Lock Her" so you can have piece of mind whenever you ride ( Trust me, losing cell phones is bad, losing money is bad, but if you lost your keys, then that's your worst nightmare!)

"Take that advice and sleep on it!"

Hi all, I'm going to Hershey Park on April 2nd (Saturday), and I wanted to know what the crowds would be like more or less. Thanks in advance!

If I remember from past opening days, if it is a warm and sunny day, then expect it to be very busy as people are likely itching to get back out to the park. Get there before opening, then go straight to LaffTrakk followed by Fahrenheit.

On a sidenote, the substitute attraction to the Tour Ride, The Making of Hershey's Chocolate, talks about Arrow and how similar the ride system is to some of the Disney attractions. Some patent photos and old ride photos are even used.

With all my experience on going to Hershey I feel the best time to go is during the summer time! I mean if you are trying to hit up the coasters that is. Because what I came to notice is that on a nice hot day most of the people spend there time in the water park and the coaster maybe have a 30 min wait.

I see this photo randomly floating around Twitter today..bigger interest is when did they add this box? I don't recall it over summer but it may have been added late summer and into fall

I've seen many types of these boxes from various parks, so if you value your valuables, either have coat pockets that has zippers or invest some money into renting a "Lock Her" so you can have piece of mind whenever you ride ( Trust me, losing cell phones is bad, losing money is bad, but if you lost your keys, then that's your worst nightmare!)

Man I can't even emphasize this enough. I always have my keys on a carabineer around a belt loop, but even that has failed me before (it was a cheap one that didn't lock) on Magnum. I cannot describe the pure joy I experienced at 2AM when the CP Police car cruised by with my keys as we were about to walk back to our hotel.

If I have to go on a day in April, is there a day that would be better? I'm assuming maybe a Sunday and not the first day of operation? Or is April spring break up there? I could go in May if it was early May. I'll consider the lodge but I have somewhere to stay an hour and a half away.

EDIT: would it be beneficial to buy a two-day ticket? Now I'm thinking possibly Knoebels on the 1st and Hershey the 29th and 30th.

• 3 weeks later...

I went last summer and in my humble opinion the indoors queue with the funhouse mirrors on the walls was the best part of the ride. For a spinning coaster it sure did not spin all that much. Pandemonium at SFNE is a much better spinning coaster.

I went last summer and in my humble opinion the indoors queue with the funhouse mirrors on the walls was the best part of the ride. For a spinning coaster it sure did not spin all that much. Pandemonium at SFNE is a much better spinning coaster.

I 100% agree. It was fun no doubt and wipped around a bit, but it is far less superior than other spinners. But then again we have to remember their goal, a family attraction everyone can ride. I think it satisfied that.

• 2 weeks later...
Also see: Skyrush.

Every time Skyrush slows down at the top of the lift hill I cry a little on the inside, mourning what once was.

When did Skyrush begin to slow down at the top? Although it's 45 minutes away from me, I don't pay that much attention to what goes on at Hershey

^ I am confused too. I went to Hershey Park last summer. I got a bit of airtime on the lift hill, got huge insane nasty airtime on the other hills, and couldn't even hold my hands up because it was crazy intense. I HOPE it didn't get tamed since.

Only those who rode in 2012 know what it was like. Compare the speed at the top of the lift in Robb's video from 2012 to one from the park a year later.

TPR 2012:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

HP 2013:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Moral of the story: if you come across someone who refers to the ride as "ThighCrush", punch them. Hard.

Don't Judge a 4th or 5th variation on the SC-2000 as you would a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd variation. These new variations have taken a lot out of what made the earlier variations great.

Hey any update on those soft restraints for Storm Runner and Fahrenheit? Still actually happening?

Fahrenheit is certainly not getting them from pictures of the maintenance shop, but I must say I have not seen Storm Runner's trains at all this off season so that could still be possible