TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Heading to Hershey tomorrow after work with the family to celebrate my son's 4th birthday. Haven't been there since 2007. We're staying on-site at the Lodge and will definitely be taking full advantage of the ERT to get his rides in on Comet and SDL (and I'll be sneaking away at some point to hit Skyrush for the first time since that's included).

Any recommendations on can't-miss attractions otherwise, especially for the kiddo?

Also, has anyone actually utilized their Fast Track Pass? I'm really hesitant on it considering it seems we'd have to work the schedule around whatever they assign for each of the coasters and it's not good for re-rides.

Also, has anyone actually utilized their Fast Track Pass? I'm really hesitant on it considering it seems we'd have to work the schedule around whatever they assign for each of the coasters and it's not good for re-rides.

Don't even bother.

Also, has anyone actually utilized their Fast Track Pass?

Don't even bother.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the case. Hopefully for mid-September the crowds have died down. But once we get the three ERT ones out of the way, we'll bounce over to Laff Trakk since it seems that line fills up pretty quick, and go from there I guess.

Heading to Hershey tomorrow after work with the family to celebrate my son's 4th birthday. Haven't been there since 2007. We're staying on-site at the Lodge and will definitely be taking full advantage of the ERT to get his rides in on Comet and SDL (and I'll be sneaking away at some point to hit Skyrush for the first time since that's included).

Any recommendations on can't-miss attractions otherwise, especially for the kiddo?

As long as your son is 42 inches (also the height requirement for Comet and SDL), I would head over to Laff Track as soon as they drop the rope for the rest of the park. Laff Track was my 5 yr old's favorite ride at the park, but the line can get long. If you hit it right at opening, you can get 2-3 rides in before the line gets too crazy. My little one also loved Coal Cracker (log flume with surprise airtime at the bottom), Flying Falcon (great flat), Trailblazer (mine train), and some of the classic carnival rides (Music Express, Whip, Tilt A Whirl). Enjoy Skyrush though, it has the most insane WTF ejector airtime I've ever experienced and it should be a walk on during the morning ERT.

As long as your son is 42 inches (also the height requirement for Comet and SDL)...

He is! That's part of the reason why we're heading out there. He's had a blast so far this summer hitting up as many rides and coasters as he can, including most of Knoebels, and he's been bugging me for the past month for "looping coaster! Daddy, looping coaster. When?"

I would head over to Laff Track as soon as they drop the rope for the rest of the park. Laff Track was my 5 yr old's favorite ride at the park, but the line can get long. If you hit it right at opening, you can get 2-3 rides in before the line gets too crazy. My little one also loved Coal Cracker (log flume with surprise airtime at the bottom), Flying Falcon (great flat), Trailblazer (mine train), and some of the classic carnival rides (Music Express, Whip, Tilt A Whirl). Enjoy Skyrush though, it has the most insane WTF ejector airtime I've ever experienced and it should be a walk on during the morning ERT.

Awesome advice, exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much.

The storyline on cup challenge is so bad it's actually almost good... Like with any shooter ride though the story doesn't matter at all and all you care about when you get on is hitting as many targets as possible so I'm almost ashamed to admit I still kind of like the ride.

I know the advice here was to avoid fast track but it was a lifesaver for us. Yeah we had to sit in the middle rows, yeah it was a little expensive, but we avoided so many FULL queues on labor day Sunday it was ridiculous. Bonus: you can go to any coaster after the time posted, so you can see the zoo, go to chocolate world, enjoy something to eat, and then do 4 rides rapid fire. Etc. Also no wait at all since you go up the exits. Saved us at least 5 hours in lines and well worth what they were charging that weekend.

I havn't seen such a busy park since Magic Kingdom!

If so many people didn't complain about the restraints Skyrush would be a lock in the top 10. Fine with me, less people in line.

I have been limping around all day after taking someone's advice on sitting last row far left. Has anyone coined the name ThighCrush yet? Because goddamn.

(Still the best coaster at the park, though.)