TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^ That was one of the funniest trip report i've ever read. Thank you for making my day. You literally took every coaster from Great Adventure and compared it to Hershey's. "Lightening Racer and Wildcat were okay but not El Toro." I mean come on dude its like comparing apples and oranges. Same with Skyrush and Nitro. The "launch coster" you speak of is Stormrunner."

Edited by Jcoaster

^ That was one of the funniest trip reporte i've ever read. Thank you for making my day. You literally took everyt coaster from Great Adventure and compared it to Hershey's. "Lightening Racer and Wildcat were okay but not El Toro." I mean come on dude its like comparing apples and oranges. Same with Skyrush and Nitro. The "launch coster" you speak of is Stormrunner."

I compared what they had to what a park like GA has.

Maybe for kids, a weekend, doing the chocolate world tour stuff, staying overnight its better but I went for coasters and this park isnt anywhere close to a park like GA.

I'm glad it did it once, would I drive 3 hours and spend 50 bucks on a ticket to go again, probably not.

GA has a few better coasters, but Hershey is more well rounded.

THIS.

Personally, GreatAdv has better coasters in Nitro, Batman and El Toro but thats where it ends. Skyrush destroys everything at GreatAdv except Toro. I prefer Storm Runner over Kingda Ka, Great Bear over Batman (because of the unique layout and location) and would rather ride Fahrenheit than any of the other B&Ms at Great Adv. Lightning Racer may not even come close to Toro in smoothness or intensity, but it is a solid-as-hell woodie, one of my faves, even without the racing aspect. What Hershey is missing imo is really just more adult flats - they need a good drop tower or something like a giant frisbee or screaming swing.

You had me at Bear ride.

Anybody who would put SFGAdv over Hershey is either brain dead or 16. In my humble opinion. I mean yes, SFGAdv has more and longer coasters, but other than El Toro Hershey is better in literally every respect. I would take one ride on Fahrenheit over one ride on Bizarro, Green Lantern, AND Superman.

I don't quite understand how anyone can say SFGAdv has "more" roller coasters. Since Hershey has 13 and GA has 12. I think it was a funny and good trip report however having been to both parks, and mostly all within this particular region, I would say Hershey is the best coaster wise hands down. GA only has El Toro IMO, as the only coaster that may be better than ones at Hershey. I would say Skyrush is nearly equal or slightly less. Nonetheless both are good parks but to say you will not visit Hershey again due to GA being better in terms of coasters, just means one less person in line for any one of our Intamin trio

WOuld say ride vs ride I'd go

Top 3 rides in each park

Toro> Fahrenheit

Skyrush> Nitro

Ka> Stormrunner

Zumanjaro > Sidewinder

Batman = Great Bear

Superman > Super Looper

Medua > Wilcat

Lighting Racer > Lantern

Comet > SKull Mountain. Didnt go on Comet but skull mountain sucks so any wooden coaster I'd take over it.

I don't quite understand how anyone can say SFGAdv has "more" roller coasters. Since Hershey has 13 and GA has 12. I think it was a funny and good trip report however having been to both parks, and mostly all within this particular region, I would say Hershey is the best coaster wise hands down. GA only has El Toro IMO, as the only coaster that may be better than ones at Hershey. I would say Skyrush is nearly equal or slightly less. Nonetheless both are good parks but to say you will not visit Hershey again due to GA being better in terms of coasters, just means one less person in line for any one of our Intamin trio

That's funny. I don't know why I think of SFGAdv as having more coasters. I guess in my head I think of it as the smaller of the two (which it is, as far as acreage), and I don't really count the mouse, the boomerang, the kiddie coaster, or Trailblazer.

Can anyone tell me what the purple body slide in the playhouse is? Does it pull good Gs? I love waterslides that pull a lot of gs. I always want to go on it but the line is so very long every time I have been on the water park playground.

The tall purple one is fun, but it's over too quickly. The spiral isn't too intense but the slide is completely dark.

I enjoyed almost a full day (8 hours) at the park today. Luckily my favorite coasters Skyrush, Storm Runner and Lightning Racer had the shortest waits most of the day. Skyrush was never more than a 20 minute wait after 12:30.

LaffTrakk looked to still about an hour all day. Fahrenheit was over an hour most of the day. Great Bear (which I also really like, had a longer line than expected most of the day).

10 rides on SkyRush

8 rides on Lightning Racer

3 rides on Storm Runner

1 Laff Trakk

1 Cocoa Cruiser

1 Great Bear

1 Fahrenheit

1 Extreme Reese's Challenge (just for shits and giggles)

1 Hershey's Special Dark Milkshake

Fahrenheit has never been a coaster I cared for, but I enjoyed it more today than the previous 4 times I visited since it opened

Hersheypark is easily in my Top 3 Amusement Parks, up there with BGW and CP! It is SO well rounded, ride-wise, and is a very pretty park as well! It also holds a special place in my heart now as the place where my oldest child first conquered his fear of roller coasters! Though he passed on the steel coasters, he went on Comet and Lightning Racer and loved them. Next time we went to CP, he was finally willing to ride many of the bigger coasters there. So, that was exciting to see as a coaster-loving father!

Regarding the comparison to GAdv, I too think HP stacks up extremely well against it. I do prefer El Toro over every coaster at HP, and my second favorite at GAdv, Nitro, is pretty much dead-even with my favorite at HP, Skyrush. However, after this, HP dominates, in my opinion! I love Storm Runner, and definitely put it over Kingda Ka, and I'm even a big fan of Fahrenheit. Lightning Racer is a fantastic racing woodie, and is in my Top 10 Wood coasters, and I prefer my Inverts to be more than just intensity, so I actually rate Great Bear higher than Batman at GAdv. And if you have a family, I don't think there's even any comparison between the two parks!

This isn't to dog GAdv, to be clear. It's not a Top 5 park for me, but it's pretty close (though I'm still bitter Batman & Robin got taken out! .) But Hersheypark is just an amazing, complete park, in my book!

Anyone has stayed at the red lion hotel in Harrisburg east? I will be staying there for the preview night. They have a huge PLAYGROUND which I will go on and a huge indoor and outdoor pool. I am 23 years old. I still go on playgrounds a lot.

122596_14.jpg

They have a huge PLAYGROUND which I will go on and a huge indoor and outdoor pool. I am 23 years old. I still go on playgrounds a lot.

No shame.

Hey guys, I'm making My first ever trip out to HP from Virginia in August (14/15 Friday/Saturday). I know, not ideal timing, but I'll take what I can get! If I get there Friday, and want to go for sunset admission, what time does that start? Also for the Saturday (the 15th) what can I expect lines to be like? Anyone have tips and a game plan for attacking all coasters and hopefully getting a re ride or two? Thanks!!! Excited to experience Skyrush finally!!

^Sunset admission begins at 5pm, and you will be looking at some heavy crowds on Saturday, but head to Fahrenheit and the Midway America section first, and work backwards. Skyrush is best saved for after 2pm because many people hit it first.

^Sunset admission begins at 5pm, and you will be looking at some heavy crowds on Saturday, but head to Fahrenheit and the Midway America section first, and work backwards. Skyrush is best saved for after 2pm because many people hit it first.

Thanks foir the info. Any guesses on wait times? Would Skyrush have 30-45 minutes? Longer?

Skyrush wait times tend to dip around 2pm as mentioned. Should be 20mins and under for a Saturday. Also Laff Trak takes quite some time with a full line due to low capacity but it is a fun ride. Definitely hit Fahrenheit and back of park first as mentioned.

Hey guys, I'm making My first ever trip out to HP from Virginia in August (14/15 Friday/Saturday). I know, not ideal timing, but I'll take what I can get! If I get there Friday, and want to go for sunset admission, what time does that start? Also for the Saturday (the 15th) what can I expect lines to be like? Anyone have tips and a game plan for attacking all coasters and hopefully getting a re ride or two? Thanks!!! Excited to experience Skyrush finally!!

Depending what time you arrive, if it's late, you can use your Sat Admission ticket to get in 2 1/2 hour before closing on Friday using the Preview Plan.

(it's not super early -- the park is open until 11pm on 8/14 & 8/15, so you can't get in until 8:30 -- but it's FREE instead of Sunset admission ($30)).

just a suggestion. (and if you're staying on property at Hershey Lodge for Fri/Sat, you get in 3 1/2 hours before close on Friday, AND you get free transportation to the park, so no parking fees).

But chocolate world is OUTSIDE the front gates, so you could do chocolate world to kill some time, then get in free on Friday at 8:30 or 7:30 if staying on property (that's what I would do). . .