TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I was going to ask if you marked your little one's first ride on SDL with the obligatory "I survived..." shirt But I see in your pics that she's wearing one. Those shirts were always a rite of passage for my extended family. Especially when it was someone's first looped coaster.

Havent been to Hershey in probably 20 to 22 years or something like that. Gonna go on July 10th with my brother.

Great Adventure is my home park, about 25 min from my house, get season passes each year.

I know they dont have a Toro or Ka or Nitro but how would you rate the park overall compared to a Great Adventure?

Great Adventure has better coasters but Hershey is better at absolutely everything else... friendliness, clientele, aesthetics, cleanliness, flat ride selection, upkeep, customer service... and really the coasters aren't too shabby either.

Great Adventure has better coasters but Hershey is better at absolutely everything else... friendliness, clientele, aesthetics, cleanliness, flat ride selection, upkeep, customer service... and really the coasters aren't too shabby either.

Have to agree with this, we spent 3 days at Hershey earlier in the month and absolutely loved the park. I don't think you will be disappointed with the coaster selection either, especially the Intamin trio. Skyrush is a Top 5 coaster for me and has the most insane ejector airtime I've ever experienced. Storm Runner is an Intamin accelerator coaster like Kingda Ka, except that the top hat is only like 150 feet instead of 450 feet. It does however have a few inversions after the top hat and is a really fun coaster. And Fahrenheit is Intamin's only coaster with a completely vertical lift. The woodies at Hershey don't have the airtime that El Toro does, but Lighting Racer actually races and is one of my favorite woodies. There's also a B&M invert, Vekoma boomerang, Schwarzkopf looper, and several other coasters (13 in all I think). For me, it's probably tied with BG Williamsburg for the best overall park I've been to.

Edited by VegasBaby

^ What they said. Hershey is undoubtedly my favorite park, and the coaster line-up is rock solid, imo. Skyrush and Stormrunner are incredible and top 10 for me, Lightning Racer, Fahrenheit and Great Bear are fantastic. The park itself is gorgeous.

I live by CP, and was a loyal fanboy, until the age of 18 when I went to hershey for the first time Now after countless trips to amusement parks, my girlfriend and I both would say its our favorite park. And Skyrush is my number 1, beating out I305 and Maverick.

...Now if HP could get a clone of El Toro I'd never have to go to another park again!

I'm an admitted SFGAdv fanboy, but I really think that Hersheypark has become my favorite park, too. I'd even say that although SFGAdv may have a couple better coasters, Hershey has a much more well-rounded lineup.

^ What they said. Hershey is undoubtedly my favorite park, and the coaster line-up is rock solid, imo. Skyrush and Stormrunner are incredible and top 10 for me, Lightning Racer, Fahrenheit and Great Bear are fantastic. The park itself is gorgeous.

I've only been there once but I'd also say it's my favorite park based on that experience. Storm runner and skyrush are both on my top 3 and, as you mentioned, the other rides aren't bad at all. also loved the setting and the atmosphere.

Hershey has really stepped their game up over the last decade or so. I remember going as a small kid before Storm Runner was built, and the construction of Storm Runner is what caused me to become an avid rollercoaster enthusiast. Now here we are 11 years later and the park has 2 top steel coasters, a top wooden coaster, and thrills for every age of the family.

I hear comparisons between Hershey and SFGAdv a lot. Actually doing both parks this year. My wife and I went to Hershey last year and loved it so we're taking our kids with us this year. We'll be there this Thursday and Friday. We've never been to SFGAdv, we'll be there July 10th. I'll be glad when I get to do these two parks in the same trip so I'll be able to finally compare them myself.

When went last year we hit up Fahrenheit first because of the wait it always gets. But this year there is Laff Trakk. Which ride should I ride first to avoid the long wait time? I'm thinking Laff Trakk probably.

When went last year we hit up Fahrenheit first because of the wait it always gets. But this year there is Laff Trakk. Which ride should I ride first to avoid the long wait time? I'm thinking Laff Trakk probably.

I'm going Thursday as well. Although many people on here may tell you to head straight to Laff Trakk, personally I'm bringing a friend who's never been before so I've decided to hit Fahrenheit first as usual because it's a more exciting "starter ride". Then we'll book it to Laff Trakk from there. I figure since the vast, vast majority of people start the park in the area closer to the entrance and then gradually make their way from there, we'll still be ahead of the crowds this way. Here's hoping I'm right because I sure as hell don't want to wait an hour for an indoor spinning coaster.

I'm going Thursday as well. Although many people on here may tell you to head straight to Laff Trakk, personally I'm bringing a friend who's never been before so I've decided to hit Fahrenheit first as usual because it's a more exciting "starter ride". Then we'll book it to Laff Trakk from there. I figure since the vast, vast majority of people start the park in the area closer to the entrance and then gradually make their way from there, we'll still be ahead of the crowds this way. Here's hoping I'm right because I sure as hell don't want to wait an hour for an indoor spinning coaster.

I made the mistake of not hitting Laff Trakk early in the day when I went this past Wednesday. When I finally got in line, it was at least an hour wait, if not longer.

I made the mistake of not hitting Laff Trakk early in the day when I went this past Wednesday. When I finally got in line, it was at least an hour wait, if not longer.

What time was that though? If we still get in line like within 30-45 minutes of park opening, do you think it could be that bad already? I'm trying to imagine NOT starting a day at Hershey with a couple of spins in the back row being yanked over and around that beyond vertical drop, and it just doesn't seem right.

What time was that though? If we still get in line like within 30-45 minutes of park opening, do you think it could be that bad already?

I was at the park last Thursday, and we were at Laff Trakk within 10 minutes of opening and we waited around half an hour, and by the time we got off the queue was full, which means a 60-90 minute wait. But after that we ran straight to Fahrenheit and it was a walk-on.

What time was that though? If we still get in line like within 30-45 minutes of park opening, do you think it could be that bad already?

I was at the park last Thursday, and we were at Laff Trakk within 10 minutes of opening and we waited around half an hour, and by the time we got off the queue was full, which means a 60-90 minute wait. But after that we ran straight to Fahrenheit and it was a walk-on.

Thanks for the info. I've decided we're definitely heading straight to LT first.

How pack is this park usually? Being their on a Friday opening will it be mobbed?

What ride should I hit first?

Fridays can be tricky, usually by the afternoon/night it gets packed with families utilizing the preview for their weekend trips. I would hit Laff Trak first and stay at the back end of the park (get Fahrenheit as well) and move into the front of the park after noon.

Notice: Hershey has a very good app that is wicked accurate for wait times,I highly recommend downloading it for your visits. I check it daily anyway just to see how the crowds move, quite interesting.

I will be traveling to the northeast this coming Monday for a weeklong business trip and I have a loose travel schedule and Hershey is *somewhat* on the way. Would it be worth it to do a Sunset Admission? If so, what is the recommended order of rides to maximize my 5 hours of time? Thanks in advance

This question maybe a little of topic, but are you allowed to pull down your own restraint? For instance on skyrush I hear stories that the employees practically pull the restraint down untill they hear an aawh .

Edited by gardyloo!

This wuestion maybe s little of topic, but are you allowed to pull down your own restraint? For instance on skyrush I hear stories that the employees practically pull the restrain down untill they hear a aawh .

Reading through the spelling and grammar mistakes... There aren't any restrictions on pulling down your restraint. They'll push it down to make sure it's secure and not too loose, though.