TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Probably my favorite thing about Hershey (other than how awesome the entire park is) is that its basically the Intamin mecca of the east coast. They should keep it that way. More Intamin please. Only Intamin please.

They have been very Intamin friendly and both Storm Runner and Sky Rush Are basically build on top of other coaster but how can we forget about the Great Bear, one of the most unique B&M inverts that bobs and weaves through the middle of the park. Now imagine a B&M giga coaster starting Near the Kiss Tower and going out behind the Great Bear and Comment and coming back..... It was be typical of Hershey Park!

Now imagine an Intamin giga coaster starting Near the Kiss Tower and going out behind the Great Bear and Comment and coming back.....

I'm imagining and its amazing!

Now if only they could find space for an Intamin giga coaster..... I can dream right? lol

Fixed that for you.

While that would be cool, it would be really tough to top skyrush. Plus, wouldn't it look kind of awful?

^ I'm sure many people thought Skyrush would look awful when it was determined it would be built right on top of Comet, but look how that turned out. Best. Ever.

Anyways why does it HAVE to be built on top of anything? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the park just acquire all that land southeast of the park?

^ I'm sure many people thought Skyrush would look awful when it was determined it would be built right on top of Comet, but look how that turned out. Best. Ever.

Anyways why does it HAVE to be built on top of anything? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the park just acquire all that land southeast of the park?

You intamin fanboys trip me out, lol. I agree with your comment. Skyrush gave me pause and it really amazing how they squeezed a hyper-coaster in that parcel of land. I am confident they can squeeze a hyper coaster into that existing space if they wanted to.

I have read something about them acquiring some new land but I am sure it won't all be used for park space. I bet it will be partially for a hotel however I am not sure how much space it even. If they have the land they are certainly not using it to expand right now.

You intamin fanboys trip me out, lol.

LOL as much as that term is thrown around here, no one has actually ever called me that, but I'll take it!

6 out of my top 10 are Intamins, BUT its only because they are incredible rides, not *just* because they are Intamins. I don't have a high credit count (at least compared to some on here) and I don't feel like I favor one manufacturer over the other. I like different rides for different reasons. I just happen to really love a bunch of their coasters.

Wouldn't it be great if Hershey stayed w/ them for the next two big coasters? Would that make the park the Intamin capital of the world, as Great Adv is w/ B&Ms? I might just consider moving to Hershey, PA lol (and thats huge for a city boy like me!)

That land is owned by the park, but one of the issues on why the park didn't expand over there is because of the road (Park Blvd) bordering the park. There have been plans for numerous years on either fixing the old bridge that crosses the creek or relocating it downstream farther. It seems like they plan on doing that latter, which would give the park more room to grow (about 31 acres), but the park has no plans for that right now.

I haven't heard much on when this road relocation will happen, but an article last year mentioned construction could be completed by October 2015 to January 2016, but since work hasn't even started (did see a few construction stakes though), I don't think that is true anymore.

I did hear about work possibly starting later this year or start of next year, so if that is true, I wouldn't expect the park to touch that land for a few more years.

^ You are correct and they had 6 when Disaster Transport was there. I believe they are also the Arrow capital with 5 coasters. That's pretty crazy.

Wouldn't it be great if Hershey stayed w/ them for the next two big coasters? Would that make the park the Intamin capital of the world, as Great Adv is w/ B&Ms? I might just consider moving to Hershey, PA lol (and thats huge for a city boy like me!)

If that happened then I would have to move somewhere between Cedar Point and Hersheypark.

It's not really fair to compare most parks to Cedar Point in terms of sheer coaster count/type/records, besides Great Adventure's ridiculous B&M count (which if rumors are to believed may only increase next year )

But I trust Hershey's judgement and they don't have a singe dud in their line up, so whatever they do next should be amazing! At first I was a little disappointed seeing the exterior of Laff Trak's building, but it fits into the area very well and the landscaping is turning out to be pretty nice! I also wasn't a fan of the decorations within the ride area itself, but the queue is looking to make up for that. All in all, it came out to be a nice addition and looks especially great for families!

Really looking forward to visiting Hersheypark in July. My wife and I went last year and loved the park. This year we're taking the kids, and excited they've added a new family coaster. My only worry is that they have stated that people over 6'3" would have trouble riding. I'm curious to hear from those that have rode the ride, does it seem like a tight fit? I'm 6'4" and would really like to ride Laff Trakk.

It's not really fair to compare most parks to Cedar Point in terms of sheer coaster count/type/records, besides Great Adventure's ridiculous B&M count (which if rumors are to believed may only increase next year )

But I trust Hershey's judgement and they don't have a singe dud in their line up, so whatever they do next should be amazing! At first I was a little disappointed seeing the exterior of Laff Trak's building, but it fits into the area very well and the landscaping is turning out to be pretty nice! I also wasn't a fan of the decorations within the ride area itself, but the queue is looking to make up for that. All in all, it came out to be a nice addition and looks especially great for families!

I agree they have a solid line up. As much as I'd like to see more coasters and see them challenge for the coaster record I think that were Hershey Park can improve is in the flat ride department like a Huss Frisbee, Super Swing or even a nice Intamin drop tower.... I know how much the Intamin fanboys love them! lol

^I agree with every word of that post. It would be pretty cool to have both the B&M and Intamin capital within 1 hour of each other!

Yeah especially because the B&M capital would have a better Intamin than any of the Intamin's at the Intamin capital. Ole'

^Hmm... El Toro vs. Skyrush..... that's actually a good matchup, and It would take a while for me to decide. It's debatable, and I say it would be split 55 to 45 in favor of El Toro.

Now that it has been mentioned, I think it would be fantastic if Hershey had a drop tower. It would be a perfect fit at the park, and I do love me some drop-tower airtime!

^Hmm... El Toro vs. Skyrush..... that's actually a good matchup, and It would take a while for me to decide. It's debatable, and I say it would be split 55 to 45 in favor of El Toro.

Now that it has been mentioned, I think it would be fantastic if Hershey had a drop tower. It would be a perfect fit at the park, and I do love me some drop-tower airtime!

Yes I agree a drop tower is what they need to add next. Maybe now that all the kinks are worked out they can get one of those cool drop towers like the Falcon Fury one. That would be intense!

I hope Laff Trakk is ready by Tuesday. I am taking a friend for his birthday. He wanted to got to an amusement park and he hasn't been to Hershey since he was a kid, probably before Great Bear was installed. He thought Hershey Park was a kiddie park. His mind will be blown

How are the lines going to be like this Sunday, and I thought Laff Trakk was opening up this weekend?

I would say expect long lines but hopefully Laff Trak's opening will detour people to the back of the park....leaving the diamond wide open up front