TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Has the park released an opening date for Laff Track? We are heading out there in June and I'm really hoping it's open by then.

Hersheypark claims via their Facebook page that they'll announce the opening date of Laff Trakk in a few weeks along with all their summer plans, probably shortly after their Springtime in the Park event concludes next weekend. Hershey is usually really good about getting their coasters opened by Memorial Day weekend, so I would hope this would be completed and opened by your visit in June.

I'm quite excited about the Whoopie Pies and Moe's (I wonder if there will be a line)

Can someone explain to me why 1 whoopie pie is $3.99, 2 are $7.98, and 6 are $7.99?! I'd be buying 6 everytime.

Anchoring is a sales tactic used to establish a price point that makes another item seem like a good deal. You might not be a big fan of whoopie pies, but you'll buy the six pack based on the perception of a deal they've established with the high price of a single pie. You think you've gotten a good deal, and they've sold six 15 cent pies for 8 dollars.

The six-pack of whoopie pies are slightly smaller sized (about the size of a baseball) and are pre-made ahead of time. This would make it a great deal for families considering the regular-sized ones are pretty big.

I bought a pumpkin with cream cheese-flavored one on Sunday, froze it and just ate it today. It had to have been one of the best I have tried!

Also, according to Hersheypark's Twitter page, it looks like Laff Trakk is planned to be open for Christmas Candylane later this year!

Laff Trakk will be open for Christmas Candylane this year! #Hersheypark

I'm all for Laff Trakk being open for Christmas Candylane, but would it be safe to assume other rides near it (Whip, Music Express, Ferris Wheel and the kiddie rides maybe) would also open? For how far away the ride is from everything else that has been open/accessible for CCL thus far, I'd imagine they'd want to have multiple things for guests to do over there.

I'm still stuck at Moes being added?!? Heaven

The only thing about Moe's that annoys me is the staff having to shout "Welcome to Moe's" everytime someone walks in the door. May have to try one of those whoopie pies.

I'm still stuck at Moes being added?!? Heaven

The only thing about Moe's that annoys me is the staff having to shout "Welcome to Moe's" everytime someone walks in the door. May have to try one of those whoopie pies.

The only thing that annoys me about Moe's is the food, not a fan. But it is better than Tumbleweed Tacos.

I don't mind chains in parks if it improves the food quality, I prefer Qdoba, but then again none of it is great TexMex.

Edited by larrygator

Nice update on what's going on at Hershey. I'm loving the addition of whoopee pies, they're such delicious treats .

As far as the addition of Moe's, I've yet to eat at one, as we don't have them here in the southwest. I've always been curious to try them though, one of these days I shall; I am moving out east this fall. I miss Hershey, can't wait til my next visit to the park.

Can someone explain to me why 1 whoopie pie is $3.99, 2 are $7.98, and 6 are $7.99?! I'd be buying 6 everytime.

Those prices are odd. It reminds me of going to the Movies.

A VERY small popcorn would be $3.50. A MUCH larger medium-sized bucket of popcorn would be $7.50 and a CRAZY large would cost $8.00.

Most people end up spending $8 thinking they're getting a great deal because it's only $0.50 more, when in fact they spent about $8 for popcorn that cost the theater $0.50.

Just got back from a weekend getaway to Hershey for the final day of Springtime in the Park, it has been seven years since I last visited when Fahrenheit was brand new. It also was my daughters first real trip to an amusement park and at only 18months old she did very well and even rode her first kiddie ride alone (does a dad proud). The weather couldn't have been nicer in the high 60's and a slight breeze and crowds were manageable if not small. Most coasters with a few exceptions were running two trains which kept waits down, however the regular rides were somewhat slow going, possibly being because it's the second weekend.

Due to time restraints (park was only open 10-6) and having an 18 month old I was only able to get rides on Fahrenheit, Wildcat, Great Bear, Trailblazer and Skyrush along with several flats. My daughter rode the pony carts marking an important milestone in her future roller coaster/theme park adventures with her old man. We all rode the Turnpike which took forever to load but was enjoyable, the kissing tower, Ferris Wheel,Carousel, railroad and monorail. My daughter and I also enjoyed rides on the mini Himalaya, convoy and fun slide.

The coasters I was able to get in were all running very smoothly and operations were good and efficient. Trailblazer and Wildcat were as expected and average rides. Fahrenheit was better than I remembered and I was able to ride in front and back providing different experiences with the front making the first drop better but the back provided much better airtime. Great Bear was running better than ever before and was more intense than any previous ride on it, even when it was fairly new. Every turn and inversion felt fast and intense, especially after the inline twist leading to the turn over the water and along the bank. I don't remember it ever being so intense or fun. Finally I was able to get my first and only ride on Skyrush and lets just say it was worth the wait and easily is my new number one (and I have been on I305 right after it opened). The airtime was unreal and the first drop from the back was unworldly ejecting me out of my seat like nothing before. I personally didn't mind the restraints but I'm also somewhat short and small. The station was a bit bizarre with everyone loading and unloading on one side which did slow things down a little but not a major hiccup. All in all it was a good day and I cannot wait to back especially when Laff Track opens up.