TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Do I wish that Hershey had a custom layout? Sure, I would have preferred that. Having said that, Laff Trak looks fantastic. As much as the Dark Knight coasters are made fun of, I really enjoy them and find them better than 90% of wild mouse coasters out there. The theming, while simple, combined with the darkness makes the ride feel so much faster.

Honestly, I think Laff Trak could end up being like Kennywood's Exterminator. The typical spinning wild mouse layout is fun but nothing special. Kennywood did a fantastic job with Exterminator and anyone who has ridden it can agree with me that it is a very fun and unique attraction. When the models are outdoors, I prefer the Mauer-Sohne spinners to the Reverchon/Zamperla ones, so I think this could be a very nice attraction.

My one concern lies with its capacity. I rode Undertow at the Boardwalk earlier this summer and it had lines of almost an hour despite trains being dispatched in about 30 second intervals.

My one concern lies with its capacity. I rode Undertow at the Boardwalk earlier this summer and it had lines of almost an hour despite trains being dispatched in about 30 second intervals.

Agreed. My concern as well considering Hershey can get INSANELY busy. They will make the best of it and I still believe it's a great addition.

I personally LOVE this new addition. Something great for families with a great, unique twist. I can't wait to see how immersive the whole experience is! I also don't get the hate on the name, either, I like it! Can't wait to try it next year!

If there's any drawback, it's that I feel that Maurer's cars don't spin as well as ones on Gerstlauer models since the weight is contained to the center of the car rather than the outside. It diminishes the potential spins on an off-balanced car.

I personally LOVE this new addition. Something great for families with a great, unique twist. I can't wait to see how immersive the whole experience is! I also don't get the hate on the name, either, I like it! Can't wait to try it next year!

If there's any drawback, it's that I feel that Maurer's cars don't spin as well as ones on Gerstlauer models since the weight is contained to the center of the car rather than the outside. It diminishes the potential spins on an off-balanced car.

I think the Mauer-Sohne and Mack spinners spin better than the Gerstlauer ones that face inwards. Though I find the ones with all of the riders on the same side (like the Zamperla ones) spin the best.

I just thought, it would great to see the queue and loading station

in Total Black and White. Then, the lift hill into the colourful and glowing

atmosphere, would be sudden and immersive.

I think this looks really good and should go over really well with families. It's always great to see parks making serious investments into family rides unlike six flags that adds a kiddie coaster just to increase their coaster count.

With that said, I can't believe this costs $14 million. Hershey must really be trying to make an excellent quality ride here.

With that said, I can't believe this costs $14 million. Hershey must really be trying to make an excellent quality ride here.

That was my reaction too. With such an investment this should turn out a great experience!

I think the Mauer-Sohne and Mack spinners spin better than the Gerstlauer ones that face inwards. Though I find the ones with all of the riders on the same side (like the Zamperla ones) spin the best.

The two coasters I've ridden that spin the best are Maurer-Sohne creations: Dragon's Fury and Winjas

Without going back through all the pages, is their anything in the works for a "fun house" type queue? Out of the heat and to help occupy the time of wait........

No need to read all the pages, always link to the Press Release first. That's why Robb and the moderators create these links, so people can jump right into the conversation knowing the facts.

Edited by larrygator

I love the one at Waldameer so this one will be even better with the old school fun house theming! Older riders will get it and younger riders should get into it with all of the funky colors and mirrors.

Overall, I think that it's a great family addition at Hershey and I see no reason to get rid of the other Wild Mouse because the two rides won't even be close to being alike.

Hopefully the queue will be similar to what Six Flags Mexico did with The Joker. $14 million seems high at this point, but let's wait to see the finish product and details.

I wanted to echo that thought, this seems like a great opportunity to bring a fun house type interactive queue to the states. That being said, on my last visit, about a third of the effects were no longer working, and in the US, I can see a forced fun house situation turning into a 'my precious snowflake fell down' lawsuit scenario.

^ I remember several of us thinking, "this would never work in the US",

after going through Joker's Funhouse queue, back in March 2013. Sorry

to hear some of the effects aren't working, now. Hope it gets upgraded soon.

(Excuse us for the side bar...)

Are those of you disappointed with the name disappointed in the fact that it's spelt "Laff Trakk" as opposed to "Laugh Track" or at the name "Laff Trakk" in general? Just curious.

I'm disappointed that it is just a bad name. The sound, spelling, just bleh. Its an eye sore and a head ache.

At first I thought Hershey might be using a new technology on this one because Maurer introduced X-Train so there might be an S-Train, S2-Car or something, but given that Hershey denied Mack because they didn't want prototype coaster, this might be totally the same as the other SC-2000s.

The theme is great, I love it. But I was expecting a more unique coaster from Hershey Park.

How do we know they denied Mack? Not doubting you just curious where that information came from. Also, We all know that Hershey isn't known for turning down prototypes. Skyrush and Fahrenheit say hi.

I read about HP chose Intamin because Mack presented the invert spinning powered coaster and Hershey didn't want to build a prototype coaster.

Lots of people have said this already but I would like to echo: GREAT ride, TERRIBLE name. I think this is a perfect addition for them. Exterminator was a ton of fun and I expect this ride to be as well; I just hope the scenery is as plentiful as it looks in the video. Other than the name I have literally nothing negative to say. This wasn't Holiday World with their GREATEST COASTER EVER build-up, I knew exactly what to expect with this capaign and that's what we got. You can't expect them to do a prototype with every single coaster they build.

The name does suck though, like hardcore. Even beyond the spelling, every time I say it I'm gonna think of bad sitcoms.

EDIT: Gotta say I'm also a little tired of all the "expecting more for $14 million" comments when we have no idea what specific needs or circumstances went into that cost. Buildings themselves aren't that cheap to build.

Edited by neil009