TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I was wondering if anyone knew where the best place to get discounted tickets is? Also, does any ticket allow you to do the preview night the day before? Do you have to pay for parking while doing the preview?

Thanks.

Not sure where you live, but you can try local governments. I go to my local township building to get most tickets, as they are usually cheaper there than anywhere else. Hershey tickets are currently $47 there; they are $61 online, but I'm not sure if there are any better deals.

Honestly I don't agree with these statements. I've been on it over 250 times and except the opening year it's been running the same since 2013. I will agree that 2012 rides were absolutely incredible but it's basically the same minus the catapult lift.

I think I've got Hershey's 2015 attraction figured out based on all four clues.

#1 . . . "Where red, white & blue deck the halls ... my full house will fall" The word house could mean dark ride (they are in houses, after all)

#2 . . . "When I look into the future of Hersheypark ... my crystal ball shows only dark..." Hmmmm. More hints toward a dark ride.

#3 . . . "You’ll have a distorted view ... while spinning, too!" Could the spinning be like the spinning action on Toy Story at Hollywood Studios?

#4 . . . "This house of fun is not the first one ... Whoops! Did I say too much?" "House of fun" would certainly convey a dark shooting ride, wouldn't it? Also, "not the first one" would be a reference to how this is the second dark ride in the park.

I rarely speculate, but this is particularly intriguing. Here's my guess:

Clue 1: "Where red, white and blue deck the halls, my full house will fall." - The ride's location will be in Midway America.

Clue 2: "When I look into the future of Hersheypark, my crystal ball shows only dark." - Dark ride. There's a skull in the art on this page, so this leads me to believe it will be themed to a haunted house.

"A new spin on an old classic." Combined with Clue 2, this leads me to believe that the theme will be of a classic haunted house dark ride (think Sylvan Beach's Laffland or Knoebels' Haunted Mansion) but with higher tech stunts, and the cars might rotate or spin. Again, the word "house" in the first clue lends me to believe that there will be a building encompassing the majority of the structure.

Based on clues 3 and 4, something tells me I'm winning the guessing game (unless that Rolo Coaster thing I didn't see is anything valid.) In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the ride will be built in the plot of land that used to be Lightning Racer's extra switchback queue; it's about 3500 square feet of area, and will certainly be able to house a dark ride, particularly if it's a multi-level one.

#1 . . . "Where red, white & blue deck the halls ... my full house will fall" The word house could mean dark ride (they are in houses, after all)

#2 . . . "When I look into the future of Hersheypark ... my crystal ball shows only dark..." Hmmmm. More hints toward a dark ride.

#3 . . . "You’ll have a distorted view ... while spinning, too!" Could the spinning be like the spinning action on Toy Story at Hollywood Studios?

#4 . . . "This house of fun is not the first one ... Whoops! Did I say too much?" "House of fun" would certainly convey a dark shooting ride, wouldn't it? Also, "not the first one" would be a reference to how this is the second dark ride in the park.

I wouldn't say that the Great American chocolate tour is at Hersheypark, though I will say that it is so close that it almost is!

Based on clues 3 and 4, something tells me I'm winning the guessing game (unless that Rolo Coaster thing I didn't see is anything valid.) In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the ride will be built in the plot of land that used to be Lightning Racer's extra switchback queue; it's about 3500 square feet of area, and will certainly be able to house a dark ride, particularly if it's a multi-level one.

Rolo-coaster is the world's first launched-spinning wacky worm. There's a vertical drop and it's 300 feet tall. You splash down in a pool of Caramel. Do you think I'm lying to you? Because if you do think that, then you are probably right.

Why was the catapult lift slowdown done? To reduce the "thigh crushing"?

I would say possibly to fix dispatch time, and of maybe give people a better view? Also could be to save money, electricity. Many reasons why. Just consider yourself lucky if you got to ride it in 2012

I wouldn't say that the Great American chocolate tour is at Hersheypark, though I will say that it is so close that it almost is!

I was actually talking about the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Challenge, but that's another one too!

Also, "not the first one" would be a reference to how this is the second dark ride in the park.

It refers to the fact that the park has had three other fun houses that operated throughout its history: Funhouse, Laughland, and Funland.

About the entire Skyrush thing, it really just depends on what a person considers ejector air. For instance, insane ejector to one person could mean floater to another.

And "strong floater" is a far cry from "nothing", which is the first thing we heard.

I will refrain from further comment till I get on it and see for myself, which I obviously have to do ASAP. I emailed the nice lady at Hershey that responds to the address on their website, I know it's not the best way to get info on stuff like this but I figured it couldn't hurt since they're really good about answering promptly. This was my message and her same-day reply:

Have any modifications been made to the trimming (braking) on Skyrush this season? Some comments have surfaced that it feels slower this year.

Thank you for your time,

Dear Mr. ____:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We have not made any modification and there is no braking along the Skyrush path until you near the station.

Thank you again for checking. We hope to see you at the Park soon.

Sweet Regards,

If she'd just said "no modifications have been made", I'd be more likely to believe her, but her not acknowledging the trims that have been there since day 1 leads me to suspect this is just a stock answer, no actual knowledge behind it.

I'll be at Hershey in two weeks. Skyrush is my number one steel coaster, so I am eagerly looking forward to re-riding it. I loved the ride's wild intensity. While the lift sounds slower and the final hill may be a bit less intense, it should still be one of the best coasters in the world. Having said that, I hope that the final hill is every bit as intense as it was two years ago.

I just rode Skyrush in June and that last hill had crazy airtime on it, but less violent than the rest. The only point where it felt like it slowed down at all was after the second camel hill thing when it's flipping on its side and stuff. It didn't take that direction change hill as fast as I thought it might, but that final hill was nuts.

And I'm with the person who posted a few pages back about the first drop—I found it disappointing for the same reasons.

Why was the catapult lift slowdown done? To reduce the "thigh crushing"?

I would say possibly to fix dispatch time, and of maybe give people a better view? Also could be to save money, electricity. Many reasons why. Just consider yourself lucky if you got to ride it in 2012

Never rode it in 2012. I'm a saaaaaad panda...

I know it's pretty early but I'm planning a trip to Hershey Park sometime in October for "HP In the Dark". I haven't been to this park in ten years and the only credit I got was Trailblazer. First question is how are the crowds around that time of the year? Are there any particular weekends that would be a great time to go? Next question, any hotel recommendations? I'll probably stay for one night so nothing expensive but also nothing to cheap and run down (I've been to some very shady hotels lol). Last question, what are some great places to eat, both inside and outside the park? Thanks!