TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I also love the laterals you get on the turn after the Stengel dive at the far end. Never hear anyone talk bout that, if you sit in the left wings for that turn the laterals are intense. I always try to not hold on for that turn

I love listening to some of the reactions of people coming off of it... "That didn't feel safe to me AT ALL." "Those seats are really poorly designed." "It was horrible! You're only held in by your thighs!" "Never again... never again..." I love it, especially the ones who look all offended like the ride called them ugly or something.

I don't want to start a debate about what is or isn't a stengal dive, but am I the only one who thinks that element on Skyrush never rides quite the way it looks? It certainly feels quite different from the ones on Maverick. The twist is strong, but what I miss is the "diving" aspect, I find the change in elevation to be barely noticeable.

Also, I just remembered I took this picture while I was there. Don't know if anyone would find this interesting or not, but this is Fahrenheit at the exit of the first corkscrew where, from the path, it looks like there couldn't possibly be enough clearance for the train to pass without hitting the Norwegian loop. It's like an optical illusion. You think it would be the ultimate head chopper but on the ride you barely even notice it.

20140511_121553.thumb.jpg.de2c1271cf10080df5bc367f4630786e.jpg

^I don't remember noticing it either.

As to skyrush, I've never tried other stengel dive so I don't really have anything to compare it to but I did enjoy it. If I sat in the left winger seats I would get some great negatives when the train is returning to a horizontal position, right after the maximum banking point.

I also love the laterals you get on the turn after the Stengel dive at the far end. Never hear anyone talk bout that, if you sit in the left wings for that turn the laterals are intense. I always try to not hold on for that turn

I don't really remember that. What I do remember was that, on my first ride (the only where I sat on the right side, for some reason) I noticed that on the twisted airtime hill I got some nice laterals.

I don't know if it's always like this or has been mentioned before but Dunkin' Donuts in New York City has flyers giving you $10 off in May, June or July, $6 off in August and $10 off in September on the admission. The coupon also gives some discounts on a place named Dutch Wonderland ($3-$5 depending on month) and a 'Buy one, get one' for morning admission to Hershey's Great Chocolate Factory Mystery in 4D.

I don't know if it's always like this or has been mentioned before but Dunkin' Donuts in New York City has flyers giving you $10 off in May, June or July, $6 off in August and $10 off in September on the admission. The coupon also gives some discounts on a place named Dutch Wonderland ($3-$5 depending on month) and a 'Buy one, get one' for morning admission to Hershey's Great Chocolate Factory Mystery in 4D.

Yes these coupons can be found at Wendy's and Subways as well in PA and the ensuing area I believe. Some Giant stores also have them, AND they can be found on some Coke cans sold in the area.

Went to the park yesterday as a chaperone on my son's band trip. Weather was perfect, crowds were non existent, and we had a blast!! Numerous re rides on any coaster we wanted, with just a seat change now and then.

Took my first ride on front seat Skyrush and it was ok.....like the back rows better. Has anyone ever greyed out on the first turn after the drop?? I am pretty sure it happened to me yesterday, albeit not as bad as I305......but I do remember laughing so hard at the kids and the fear in their eyes that the force of the wind had me slobbering....LMFAO!!!!

Everything was running great and they were utilizing this time for lots of training and it really didn't hamper dispatch times although it didn't matter anyway as their was no lines for anything.

And it pains me to say that the boys thought sdL was lame......"blasphemous heathens"!!! Was running superb as usual!

Has anyone ever greyed out on the first turn after the drop?? I am pretty sure it happened to me yesterday, albeit not as bad as I305......

Not there but I did grey out once in the turn after the first airtime hill.

I think that is the one I am talking about. The first big swooping turn......it was weird. The first 3 times I rode it never happened. Just in the front right wing seat??

I have experienced it as well, usually not the first time I ride it, it usually happens after a few times. Good intensity but not too much

I don't think you realize the banking when you are on board.

That's right, I didn't. And then when I saw these pictures I was like: What?? That's not far from 90 DEGREES!

Hi Everyone,

I am going to the park next tuesday, and just downloaded the app. I saw that SkyRush is closed.. anyone near the park and know whats up? Anyone go this weekend, was it running?

Edit: never mind, it's open again... Phew, worried I would have missed out on that one!

we're there in less than a week!

just got off the phone with Hershey Lodge confirming everything (there was an odd thing on our itinerary, so I called to make sure all was good).

found out that by staying on Hershey Property, we get a 3 1/2 preview night (instead of the standard 2 1/2, and we get in an hour early the next day. . tho he wasn't clear if it's an hour early, or simply early access to certain rides).

still. . score!

I've been obsessing over my waistline, and looking at the HersheyPark rides isn't helping. . LOL. . they all say "guests of certain sizes" might not be allowed to ride.

but really. . it's a park built on CHOCOLATE. . I hope they have nice large seats on everything.

hehe.

Going next Tuesday for the first time since being a little kid! Very excited..

Thoughts on a good dinner place in the park... My cousin and I like to take a load off at dinner, possibly having a beer... When we go to SFGAdv, Best of the West is out #1 go to

Something that has been irking me for years and it hit me again on my visit last week was their queue lines. Why in the world did they not create a "short cut" for days when lines were non existent. The endless meandering on rides like sdL, Lightning Racer, and Wildcat is just asinine. You could almost guarantee an empty station by the time you got there.......

Something that has been irking me for years and it hit me again on my visit last week was their queue lines. Why in the world did they not create a "short cut" for days when lines were non existent. The endless meandering on rides like sdL, Lightning Racer, and Wildcat is just asinine. You could almost guarantee an empty station by the time you got there.......

We're gonna be there Wed Evening, and Thurs (ONE WEEK!) so I'm hoping for a sorta empty park.

if it's not crowded? I'm gonna just think of the queues as exercise

We're gonna be there Wed Evening, and Thurs (ONE WEEK!) so I'm hoping for a sorta empty park.

if it's not crowded? I'm gonna just think of the queues as exercise

LOL......Next to BGW, this is one of the most exercisable parks......the place is just huge.