TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Screw the coaster... they're adding Chickie’s & Pete’s!

Just another reason to love this park.

I had the crab fries at Dorney Park's Wildwater Kingdom last year - very tasty, although I thought that they tasted like fries with Old Bay on them

Um, because that is what they are.

Screw the coaster... they're adding Chickie’s & Pete’s!

Just another reason to love this park.

I had the crab fries at Dorney Park's Wildwater Kingdom last year - very tasty, although I thought that they tasted like fries with Old Bay on them

Um, because that is what they are.

Not being from the East Coast, I thought that when they said "crab" that they would have had some crab-type of flavoring on them...something more than a glorified seasoned salt. That kind of threw me for a curve, but I still liked them anyway.

Since then, I have tried the Snyder of Hanover "Crab Chips" and it is basically the same thing...Old Bay on a potato chip.

So I now assume that anything that says it is "crab flavored" in Maryland, Eastern PA and Jersey is code for "we just loaded it up with some Old Bay."

I really don't think Hershey is worried about money. Over the past years we have seen major addition after major addition. I would much rather see them build it some place else. Down by Wildcat and Lighting Racers needs more non water rides to balance out the park and draw more people farther in

• 3 weeks later...

Hersheypark has sent us a press release regarding their upcoming entertainment auditions for the 2014 summer season!

It may not feel like summer, but Hersheypark is getting ready for the 2014 summer season with auditions for performers and technicians scheduled for Saturday, February 22 at Hershey Theatre.

More than 70 performers and musicians and more than 20 technicians are needed to entertain guests during the upcoming Park season. From country to rock to Broadway, Hersheypark shows delight guests and win industry awards.

There is a new online registration procedure for the 2014 auditions. All applicants need to visit www.Hersheypark.com and complete the online registration form by February 17, 2014 in order to participate. Applicants must be either 18 years of age or a high school graduate by May 2014.

Musician auditions for bass, guitar, keyboard, percussion (drum set, mallet/melodic, marching), saxophone (doubling preferred), trombone, trumpet and tuba will begin at 10 a.m. Musicians should be prepared with major/minor scales, two solo selections of contrasting styles, and improvisation.

Singers should have a dynamic voice with personality to match and be prepared with two vocal selections of contrasting styles (16 bars each) and bring sheet music in the proper key or an edited musical track. An accompanist will be provided. All singers may be called back to learn a dance combination after their vocal audition.

Dancers should be well-rounded in ballet, jazz and tap, and should wear appropriate attire and footwear. Auditions for dancers will take place at the conclusion of the singer auditions. Dancers may be called back to sing following the dance auditions.

Technical positions include audio technicians, lighting technicians, stagehands, stage managers and wardrobe personnel.

Hershey Theatre is located on the corner of Chocolate Avenue and Cocoa Avenue. Applicants can park in the parking lots associated with the Theatre and enter through the main entrance on Caracas Avenue.

For more information, visit www.Hersheypark.com/entertainment/auditions.php or e-mail audition@HersheyPA.com.

Down by Wildcat and Lighting Racers needs more non water rides to balance out the park and draw more people farther in

Nooooo! I love Lightning Racer re-rides!

Old Bay makes everything amazing.

This.

I am in the minority. I think old bay taste nasty. I live in MD and I LOVE MD crabs but I don't like picking them because they use old bay on them. I do not like the taste. I usually dip my crabs in a bucket of water to get the seasoning off.

Blasphemy!

I am in the minority. I think old bay taste nasty. I live in MD and I LOVE MD crabs but I don't like picking them because they use old bay on them. I do not like the taste. I usually dip my crabs in a bucket of water to get the seasoning off.

BLASPHEMY

I plan on going to Hershey late May, right after Memorial Day . Probably a Thu and Fri. How are crowds then? Weather? Does this park offer single -rider option on any of the coasters? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I plan on going to Hershey late May, right after Memorial Day . Probably a Thu and Fri. How are crowds then? Weather? Does this park offer single -rider option on any of the coasters? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

I would expect crowds to be not too bad since schools probably won't be getting out until later in June. But speaking of which, expect school groups to be present. Wait times should be too bad if you get there at opening and head straight to Fahrenheit, then go to the very back to Lightning Racer and work your way forward to Comet and Skyrush, which have shorter wait times later in the day.

None of the coasters have a single-rider line; only Reese's Xtreme Cup Challenge does. The park does offer a Fast Track Pass, which is good for one ride on nine selected coasters, but I don't think the park would be full enough to need one. Be sure to check the Hersheypark Stadium's website about concert dates as the park may be slightly fuller on those days.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I came across these photos while on the Kings Island thread where a link was posted to the painters website for The Bat. Turns out the same company painted Storm Runner (I knew they were painting it but no one seemed to post pictures) these photos are from October

http://baynumpainting.wordpress.com/

The company has been busy in the amusement industry it seems!

img951025.thumb.jpg.0de0584296f65d91102c032004090785.jpg

img951037.thumb.jpg.02957fac848d1ffabbba3bc6f312a9ca.jpg

img953269.jpg.8c9ebc0cc6df559237bcf5bae30f42d1.jpg

img953943.thumb.jpg.840d63dfc1c9126a29ba543c4e70c28a.jpg

It's always been red. I'm glad that they finally are getting to repaint Storm Runner, I'm pretty sure that the paint really hasn't been touched since the coaster opened back in 2004.

Wait: was Storm Runner's track like that when it was new? Because last year it looked more like orange to me. Glad it's getting some paint.

You know, I thought so too. Maybe Storm Runner's track was always red when the ride first debuted and the paint start fading into that dull orange color. But the fresh coat of paint does make that coaster look great and soon the park will be filled with screams of riders once more.