TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I always was surprised that they didn't have a kiddie coaster. I already want to call it Baby Skyrush.

Figures I'm not the only nerd who will ride it if possible. I've gotten used to getting on kiddie coasters without a problem (because many allow it, not because I'm special), but I guess this one doesn't look particularly promising.

I'm not. It's honestly not a huge development. Rides come down, more rides go in.

It's not like Six Flags where they have to advertise every single new attraction. Hersheypark knows that families will continue to flock to the park, regardless of if they market the family coaster as "the next big thing to hit Hersheypark" or not. It's just that great of a destination to go to in the area.

Now, I would have expected more advertising if these attractions were to have been built in Dutch Wonderland, as it's much smaller.

I agree. Hersheypark could not get a ride for another 5 years and people will still flock to this park.

This is a quote from their face book page..........

Goodbye 11 and Hello 12!

In 2014 we’ll be adding a 12th coaster back into our sweet line-up of rides. This one is for Hershey’s Kisses ride height all the way up to Jolly Rancher. Our new family gravity coaster will be located near the Fender Bender.

Screw the coaster... they're adding Chickie’s & Pete’s!

Just another reason to love this park.

^ This.

I had the crab fries at Dorney Park's Wildwater Kingdom last year - very tasty, although I thought that they tasted like fries with Old Bay on them (not that that's a bad thing by any means). I wonder if they will have the full menu or just select offerings?

For anyone that doesn't know what Chickie & Pete's Crabfries are...

Website

Capture.JPG.4bfe73718b0dbb50bd53cb105828256f.JPG

YUM!

I see people wearing Hershey shirts all the time when in the parks here in Florida. When I am at work at Flippers, people are surprised when I tell them how much I really like the park. Seems like many people would think that 'locals' would only like the parks here in Florida.

Good to see the addition of more family rides, plus the new credit gives the kids that first coaster experience if Hersheypark is the only park they visit.

-Gary T.

Screw the coaster... they're adding Chickie’s & Pete’s!

Just another reason to love this park.

^ This.

I had the crab fries at Dorney Park's Wildwater Kingdom last year - very tasty, although I thought that they tasted like fries with Old Bay on them (not that that's a bad thing by any means). I wonder if they will have the full menu or just select offerings?

For anyone that doesn't know what Chickie & Pete's Crabfries are...

Website

I think I am the only person that does not like the fries

When it comes to coasters, the biggest, tallest, fastest, and scariest roller coasters are the types I can go on. But when it comes to family and kiddie coasters, I don't know if they'll let me ride or not. Some parks have a maximum height while others will let you ride if you have a little kid with you. But I do know a few kiddie coasters that I have been able to ride by myself with no problems. So if I can ride this newest coaster without incident, then that's okay.

BUT IF I CANNOT RIDE, THEN I'LL GRAB ME SOME CRAB FRIES AND TAKE A SLIDE DOWN THE MERRY BERRY DIP!!!

Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced the wonder of Chickie & Pete's Crabfries

I'll have you know that I think the Crabfries at Chickie and Pete's are quite delicious.

I think they are just ok, I'm not really a fan of Chickie’s & Pete’s in general. I have never been to the one at Dorney but have been to 2 of their regular locations and didn't see why they are always so crowded.

I thought the same thing! The food is no different than any sports bar restaurant.