TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Wildcat 1x (Ouch. RMC treatment please?!!!?)

I'd rather have Great Coasters come in and re-track the whole thing. It was their first roller coaster as a new company, after all.

Wildcat 1x (Ouch. RMC treatment please?!!!?)

I'd rather have Great Coasters come in and re-track the whole thing. It was their first roller coaster as a new company, after all.

Agreed and i think the layout is pretty cool already. If they could just re-track it and maybe make some curves steeper it could be a really awesome ride!

Hi there, some of my family and friends and I are heading to Hershey Park June 29. Were still deciding on a one or two day trip (due to the 6-7 hour drive). So I was just wondering if any of you Hershey Park veterans have any tips for a first timer. Like the best spots to eat, shop /etc. I want to make sure we get in all the big rides too. My HP bucket list consists of SkyRush, Sidewinder, Great Bear Lightning Racer, and Storm Runner. I would like to know a good game plan for the day(s) that we're there to make sure we have the best of times with the limited time we are there.

P.S. What is the "ideal" seat on SkyRush. I am most likely only going to ride it once due to capacity.

^Hope its a great trip for you! The best way to do it is the backwards plan as mentioned before. Start with Fahrenheit(or else your going to have to wait 40mins all day) Wildcat, Lightning Racer, then head back towards Storm Runner then to Great Bear and so on. The best time to hit Skyrush is between 1-5pm since most people are at the Boardwalk. My "glory seat" on Skyrush is back wings, i prefer left, Most intense airtime back there. Front is always fun but the wait is much longer than it looks. And honestly the capacity isnt that bad, if you dont wait for the front it goes relatively quick.

Best food is the BBQ place down in the Storm Runner Trailblazer "valley" and they even have a show there while you eat.

I dont really ever shop but around the carousel and front gate area has nice shops. And you can always hit up Chocolate World. And dont rush it, you should get everything done in time

Hope i helped, Any other questions just ask!

Random Group Tickets question: Are you able to use any extra tickets on any day after you purchase them? I remember doing this last year, but I wanted to make sure this wasn't a fluke. I'm trying to get a large enough group to go July 13 to qualify for group sales discount, but only 17 of them have their shiite together. So close!

Hey, everyone. I'll be arriving and checking into Hershey's hotel on Monday the 1st of July and will be going to the park on the Tuesday after. I know to do the backwards plan, I'll make sure to do that. And three other questions:

1.) If I arrive early enough, I will be able to get into the park the day before I spend my full day at the park, correct?

2.) Is a Tuesday a usual day with minimal crowds?

3.) Do you think I will need the Fast Track Pass?

Thanks to anyone who answers!

Hey, everyone. I'll be arriving and checking into Hershey's hotel on Monday the 1st of July and will be going to the park on the Tuesday after. I know to do the backwards plan, I'll make sure to do that. And three other questions:

1.) If I arrive early enough, I will be able to get into the park the day before I spend my full day at the park, correct?

2.) Is a Tuesday a usual day with minimal crowds?

3.) Do you think I will need the Fast Track Pass?

Thanks to anyone who answers!

1) As long as you prepurchase your ticket from the park it has a square with a P in the corner. They cross that out when you do the night before preview plan. I believe it is 2.5 hours prior to park closing.(Their website explains it really well)

2) Good day and if you are there for the whole day, after 6ish or so the place pretty well clears out.

3) This is something I've never felt the need to do at Hershey. You may notice the hordes of people lining the walkways, but for some reason the rides never have very long waits anyhow. Exception being a few choice coasters that would regardless of crowds any way.

From Screamscape:

Site Expansion Plans - (6/18/13) We’ve seen this talked about over the past few years and the latest plan for the needed road realignment behind the park, which will also allow Hersheypark to eventually expand over into the golf course site can be seen here.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/06/moving_park_boulevard_derry_to.html

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/06/plans_for_park_boulevard_reali.html

I still think they have room for 1 more coaster in the park, but once they expand they will have so much more room! The old golf course is pretty much all hills, so more steep paths!!

But if Skyrush would have been around the Kissing Tower, that would be rather unique.

The top picture is the basic plan for the Park Blvd. relocation. The bottom is how I think it should go. In the bottom picture, Park Blvd. intersects with a newly named road which runs from N. Hockersville Rd. to Park Ave. creating two massive chunks for Park development. Perhaps the area south of the Arena could be used for an eventual replacement for the stadium.

HP.jpg.e0a9debb88984931e9bce916ac7638f6.jpg

HP2.jpg.446027d1985269182d3bdec1562810c2.jpg

Oy, it sure would be a hike from Midway America to the new bit of land there. Hopefully Hershey would have a plan for that.

(Also not to repeat myself from earlier, but do group tickets only work on the one day you go or can you use extras later?)

Oy, it sure would be a hike from Midway America to the new bit of land there. Hopefully Hershey would have a plan for that.

(Also not to repeat myself from earlier, but do group tickets only work on the one day you go or can you use extras later?)

I would assume an extension of the monorail.

^^Cant help you on that one, I have no clue! My guess would be you can use them later

I went to the park for only 2 hours today and it was DEAD! Got in 10 on Skyrush in 40mins, rode every row. I took a couple pictures of things...

image.thumb.jpg.3495d0062a92fdc5d762267abeb6c011.jpg

Two new slides "splashdown"

image.thumb.jpg.82b2dfbdae145fa5bdf9187eeeccd6ec.jpg

Here are the new canopy umbrella's that replaced those hideous nets

image.thumb.jpg.b725f31aa329cff80ee3972e8fb5630d.jpg

I really dig the new sign, and they painted the turn out of the station only! Makes no sense

image.thumb.jpg.3072803542a036afef1beb9551e6382e.jpg

This i took last month, Artsy=Twisty

I'm pretty sure that tickets are valid all season unless there's a specific date printed on them (am I right, Chris Cron?).

...and they painted the turn out of the station only! Makes no sense

Yes it does. Why would you paint the entire length of track without testing it on a smaller section to make sure that it holds up?

Also, I believe that's the second time Fahrenheit's sign has been changed. First it was hanging from the station roof, then it was a tiny sign by the exit. I like this new one a lot.

I hope the park eventually expands, I love seeing parks get larger. However, that being said, Hershey is already so long! They have to include an in park transit system when they eventually expand the park. Its just so long!!

Even though they (Hershey) already got rid of their Sky Ride, a Busch Gardens triangular type layout would do wonders for Hershey!!!!!

^Totally agree. Or, even like Cedar Point, with the Sky Ride Down the midway, with a short walk to the train that takes you to the back of the park. They will need something.

Also, I'd suspect they will have to make a new bridge from the Comet Hallow area to the new area, to avoid a pinch point at the front of the park/allow for better traffic flow. Maybe something right next the Comet's bridge over the river.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

^Totally agree. Or, even like Cedar Point, with the Sky Ride Down the midway, with a short walk to the train that takes you to the back of the park. They will need something.

Also, id suspect they will have to make a new bridge from the Comet Hallow area to the new area, to avoid a pinch point at the front of the park/allow for better traffic flow. Maybe something right next the Comet's bridge over the rive.

Yea i think an addition to the monorail would be spectacular

Unfortunately there's a One Directon concert on July 5th and 6th in the park, so it will probably infested by annoying 10 year old girls. The only reason I know this is because the fandom keep clogging my "Hershey park" threads on all of the social networking sites >.> I'd stay away until after the concert...