TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Hell, people being people...the restraints will probably be comfortable as clouds and all the forums and YT will still be flooded with ZOMG MY LEGS HAVE BEEN CUT OFF!

Because ya know, that's what people do : /

Could've fooled me. Those puny little things on the track couldn't slow that heavy train down a fraction of a mile per hour even if they tried their hardest.

Are you sure that they're even trim brakes? Check out this one on Shambattendownthehatches. It's the same size as a regular brake. There are also lots of high-friction zones pasted on the track leading up to the brake so that maintenance can get to it without, you know, killing themselves. Coasters that have high-elevated trim brakes also have a way to get up to them, like a spiral staircase (Intimidator 305's mid-course airtime hill) or ladder handles built into the track spine (one of Intimidator 232's hills).

thumb_23_406.jpg

I know of 3 trim breaks on Skyrush. One on 2nd airtime hill, 1 after Stengel Dive, 1 on last airtime hill. And yes i agree i doubt it even slows it down that much, but, it is still technically trimmed.

Here are screen shots from POV....they certainly are puny little things, but they are there

image.jpg.28f998ba8a48b58f8c26395ae2757de4.jpg

2nd ATH

image.jpg.7ccb33ec748b4add444b3786457fc8f2.jpg

After dive

image.jpg.95957ed45122a3d242164eff1bad9362.jpg

Last ATH

These were taken a half hour ago. Looks like one train is officially back inside the station:

103689832_IMG_1353a.thumb.jpg.fff2d8753eeba5a6b308164956c2210e.jpg

Drove by the park on my way home from class and this happened...

1281756512_IMG_1354a.jpg.ab5d148bd8591efc1f299cdb0a40b210.jpg

... and here is where they ended up!

^Thats fabulous!!!!!! I didnt get a chance to post but i did go to the park again Sunday to get Fahrenheit in and every single row of one of the trains had everything but floor boards on it. Hopefully it opens next weekend

564541_10151405219135959_1584233540_n.jpg

Oh... and look what's testing.

Coasterbill, could you please edit your post to provide the source for your last photo since it's mine? Thanks!

Anyways, it was testing today. It was running one train and they were sending out constantly. So the question is how different is the ride running from last year? The answer from what I'm seeing is that the lift starts out at full power, but dramatically slows once at the top. Because of this, the train looks like it flows through the layout at a slower speed after the first two hills. It still looks like it will still produce a kick-a$$ ride experience. You can see a video of it in action that I filmed, right here:

aIMG_1381.jpg.4173936f4dbf7d72a6f1c13ee9add18d.jpg

It's alive!! Bwahaha....

aIMG_1382.jpg.1ca0926fe862616ef98ad0094e6af7b6.jpg

Still takes this hill at a decent clip...

aIMG_1383.jpg.4e282bfac7e316fd85cc97d305106e20.jpg

Same with this hill...

aIMG_1387.jpg.f026ce2271fd40557fc3546da6279c8e.jpg

By this point, you can tell that it's running a little slower than last year.

aIMG_1395.jpg.53eb35259793088ad9cfc95c2795bef3.jpg

Even though the rest of the course is slower, I have a feeling it will still produce a great ride!

aIMG_1400.jpg.25328d751fb411ab43b70f31ca79c8ab.jpg

To wrap up the update, they have given the candy height signs it's own little plaza. It looks tastefully done with it's brick path and matches the castle bridge in the background.

Ugh. I don't mean to be a whiny brat but I really hope that the lift runs at full speed during normal operation. I know that it just got new wheels and stuff so they're trying to break them in, but if they neuter the thing because of wimpy riders...

Coasterbill, could you please edit your post to provide the source for your last photo since it's mine? Thanks!

I just deleted it since you posted it anyway. I almost always give a source but I saw it scrolling through Facebook and was in a hurry. I wasn't trying to steal anyone's thunder.

Regarding the lift hill, I agree with Coasterfreak101. El Toro hasn't changed at all since they slowed the lift down so I'm really not concerned even if that is permanent.

Hmm that report of slowing over the top is a let down

To answer how it ran last year, not like that...it kept full speed over the top.

I really hope it gets back to that. Damn sissies that end up getting all these rides neutered : ( Yeah that's fair, El Toro feels exactly the same. But still, nothing like that feeling, especially in back!

Ugh. I don't mean to be a whiny brat but I really hope that the lift runs at full speed during normal operation. I know that it just got new wheels and stuff so they're trying to break them in, but if they neuter the thing because of wimpy riders...

I couldn't agree more. The lift hill is one of the best things about the ride!

I'm actually surprised it opened today, I didn't think it was this quick, I thought they'd have to do more testing. Anyhoo, I'm not going until the beginning/middle of May, so maybe by them the wheels will be broken in and they can bring it back to full speed. Or better, don't change it in the first place

EDIT: Yes, it's open, but it's only running ONE TRAIN. Oh well one is better than none

I really hope they do get it back to running full speed over the lift. Also, it's not quite the same as El Toro's lift. With the latter, you've got that turnaround at the top, so the speed of the lift doesn't really affect how fast it's going down the actual drop. With Skyrush, the lift and the drop are right next to each other so there's much more of a difference. Does that make any sense?

I really hope they do get it back to running full speed over the lift. Also, it's not quite the same as El Toro's lift. With the latter, you've got that turnaround at the top, so the speed of the lift doesn't really affect how fast it's going down the actual drop. With Skyrush, the lift and the drop are right next to each other so there's much more of a difference. Does that make any sense?

Yes, I was thinking the same and it might impact the speed.

Which would make sense it would reduce some of the airtime that people whined about and that'd be a shame if it did

Though probably just being an over analyzing nerd