TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^I totally see your point...they actually dont look much different to me, but the biggest change is that the material is way different and softer. Before it felt like an old hard sponge, now like i said, it feels like a very soft bed. Lol, its hard to describe how it feels, but i think its so much different than last year. I think maybe the only change in design might be the curvature at the bottom. But it certainly is not much different.

image.jpg.c5a6226ee2143cb2b4150e67d088cdbb.jpg

See the curve in the old ones looks slightly different than the new ones

^I totally see your point...they actually dont look much different to me, but the biggest change is that the material is way different and softer. Before it felt like an old hard sponge, now like i said, it feels like a very soft bed. Lol, its hard to describe how it feels, but i think its so much different than last year. I think maybe the only change in design might be the curvature at the bottom. But it certainly is not much different.

Oh, okay, so the change is more in the material rather than the shape? So then it's something we'll all have to go try out for ourselves!

Shame that they're keeping the single-side loading/unloading though. The extra downtime would've been the ideal time to get that worked out...or at least install some damn lockers.

So they changed to softer materials during last season, and now they have changed to an even softer material, or am I mistaken?

So they changed to softer materials during last season, and now they have changed to an even softer material, or am I mistaken?

Yep, this is its 3rd modification. I hope it will satisfy the complainers!

Isn't it only the 2nd modification? You have the original, the first modification to slightly softer material, and now the second modification to much softer material. Or was there another change I haven't mentioned? Maybe you were thinking of "3rd version" in your post.

Yep, this is its 3rd modification. I hope it will satisfy the complainers!

Isn't it only the 2nd modification? You have the original, the first modification to slightly softer material, and now the second modification to much softer material. Or was there another change I haven't mentioned? Maybe you were thinking of "3rd version" in your post.

Yes, sorry. I did mean 3rd version. I just finished typing a Facebook status about the modification before typing that and I guess I just had the word stuck in my head! Sorry!

Is it just me or is it angled differently or raised slightly?

Think it's just an optical illusion, with the last picture taken on a lower plane than the first one. If they changed the seat angle, Hershey wouldn't of had the chassis the offseason.

It kind of looks like the angle of the lap bars have been changed though, it looks like it was parallel to the seat in the first pic, but now it's at a slightly higher angle.

^i was reffering to the lap bars. I'm pretty sure they are higher just look at how they come up above the edge of the seat when before they were at the same level or below the edge. I hope so because that would mean that they fixed the main problem with them which was where they fell on your lap. Now they should restrain you more towards the waist.

You are correct! Its not just softer though, its a totally different type of material. I guess people just have to feel/ride it to see the difference. But its definitely a different lapbar with the same shape

^i was reffering to the lap bars. I'm pretty sure they are higher just look at how they come up above the edge of the seat when before they were at the same level or below the edge. I hope so because that would mean that they fixed the main problem with them which was where they fell on your lap. Now they should restrain you more towards the waist.

Thats something i noticed as well, it looks like they changed the angle which is indeed better

They weren't that bright and shiny towards the end of the season... There are NO signs of wear and tear on them at all in those pics.

The new paint could of been part of the inspection process. I know that PTC does that to their chassis, strip the paint, inspect the parts, then re-paint them.

Steel coasters really don't have anything to cause any wear and tear like what happens to wooden coasters. Wooden coasters have to have grease applied to the track and with the wheels being steel on steel, you also get metal dust coating the train, especially if it rained. Wooden coaster trains are really hard to keep clean, for anyone that has worked on a wooden coaster before and had to clean the train, you know what I'm talking about.

Steel track, there's nothing to cause it to look worn unless there's some water element to it. No grease is applied to the track and the wheels don't cause any wear on the track cause they're made out of various plastic materials, whether it's resin, polyurethane, rubber, etc.

Will be very curious to hear the reaction to the new restraints. Hopefully they will eliminate all the complaints.

dt

I know, right!? I'm actually so sick of people complaining >.>

With what i saw today progress wise, i think its fair to say last weekend of STIP it should be open.

Awesome! I may have to start my vacation a little early then ;D

Lightning Racer got the new GCI front grates. But why are they gold in color? Artist pet peeve.

Concerning Skyrush, apart from the seemingly-new wheel assemblies, I don't see that anything has changed. I'll take your word for it that the restraint moldings are softer. I wonder how long it will take for the super-soft molding to deform and not become soft anymore?