Hersheypark

Event Date(s):

10/19/2012

Event Time(s):

9:00 PM - 10:00 PM

On-Sale Date:

9/24/2012

Event Details:

New this year, enjoy a rare treat – a dark ride experience on 3 of our roller coasters – included in your admission!

On Fridays ONLY from 9:00 to 10:00 PM during Hersheypark In The Dark, the lights on select coasters will be turned OFF to create a frightfully fun dark ride experience! Ride if you dare, and share in the thrill of a true Hersheypark In The Dark first!

ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.

Phone:

Call 717-534-3900 for more details.

^That sounds amazing!!! I wonder if you would be able to use that with a Preview Plan ticket? Possibly going to Hershey October 26th to October 27th and would love if this was included with the Preview Plan.

Another question is how crowded is Hershey the last weekend of October? I have never been there around that time of year.

^That sounds amazing!!! I wonder if you would be able to use that with a Preview Plan ticket? Possibly going to Hershey October 26th to October 27th and would love if this was included with the Preview Plan.

Another question is how crowded is Hershey the last weekend of October? I have never been there around that time of year.

Went 2 years ago for HPITD and crowds weren't bad at all. Nothing scary like the other park Fright Fests and Haunt, seemed more geared towards kids. It was damn cold though after the sun went down!

I'm surprised it doesn't get more crowded. Basically half price admission compared to the summer just without the water park and water rides is a great deal. I went 2 years ago on the first Sunday and it was sunny and 75 and the park was empty. Other than Fahrenheit that was 15 minutes, everything else was a 0 to 5 minute wait even rides like Storm Runner and Comet.

Went 2 years ago for HPITD and crowds weren't bad at all. Nothing scary like the other park Fright Fests and Haunt, seemed more geared towards kids. It was damn cold though after the sun went down!

Yea not really into all of the Fright Fest things anyway, it just happens to be we are going to the Hershey Bears game on the 27th and the park will be open that day so it works out. Hopefully, we won't have to worry about it being cold since we will be out of the park before 6 anyway.

Or hopefully there aren't any surprise snowstorms coming that weekend....

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize that AAT was on the no-friends list, but they've reported that Skyrush will be down for the rest of the season (and it being removed from the HPitD rides list seems to confirm that). Hopefully it's to start work for next season...but who knows. I know that it was closed this past weekend with the cable slacked instead of pulled taught.

My question was more to Eddie about his "Rash Speculation" comment asking what else he heard/read. All I've seen is the fact the ride was on the HPITD operating ride list under Scare Rush, and is now off the list as of yesterday.

Skyrush-All i know of is that the ride is going under repairs to fix the cable and lapbars for the off season. Lapbars you know why they are fixing it....cable has apparenty been streched out or not tight around motor because i was there the last day of the Summer season and the cable was very loose. It stood out to me. And you wouldnt want to burn her out in the first year of operation. Today in Harrisburg/Hershey area it is 8:40 and 42 degrees now! In two weeks im sure it will drop a bit more. And HPitD is open till 10 which gives another hour of so of operation untl it closes, It would be around 35 degrees by then!!!! No matter the cause its a good idea to shut Rush down to me. Go on SR instead and freeze your balls off

My question was more to Eddie about his "Rash Speculation" comment asking what else he heard/read. All I've seen is the fact the ride was on the HPITD operating ride list under Scare Rush, and is now off the list as of yesterday.

I didn't speculate, but someone over there said "I think I herd they found a few cracks on a piece of track."

I didn't speculate, but someone over there said "I think I herd they found a few cracks on a piece of track."

I dont know about the cracks....

I seriously doubt that any changes to the track's centerline will occur over the off-season. If they really were going to do such a thing, wouldn't they have to go through the exact same long approval process that got Skyrush built in the first place?

Another thing, people have had trouble and/or pain with the restraint system because it has a very small point of contact with the lap, and also because of how easy it is to pull the restraint down. Intamin really dropped the ball there, even though the minimalistic restraints make the train that much lighter and allow them to sit completely flat on a seat when no one is occupying it.

Trim brakes don't always help either. Let's not forget that as aggressive that Skyrush is through the creek section of the layout, it isn't going as fast as it seems to be when it goes over that last hill over Comet's exit into the main brake.

I seriously doubt that any changes to the track's centerline will occur over the off-season. If they really were going to do such a thing, wouldn't they have to go through the exact same long approval process that got Skyrush built in the first place?

Another thing, people have had trouble and/or pain with the restraint system because it has a very small point of contact with the lap, and also because of how easy it is to pull the restraint down. Intamin really dropped the ball there, even though the minimalistic restraints make the train that much lighter and allow them to sit completely flat on a seat when no one is occupying it.

Trim brakes don't always help either. Let's not forget that as aggressive that Skyrush is through the creek section of the layout, it isn't going as fast as it seems to be when it goes over that last hill over Comet's exit into the main brake.

Totally agree with you! They definitley will not change track sections, the only thing that they would possibly need to change is the turn after the first air time hill which i grey out on after 3 rides in a row. But thats what makes the ride is the intensity. The lap bars are the only thing they need to change. I wouldnt be surprised if they changed the body of the train too, so it could support a new bar system

It has got to be cable that is messed up. Im not lying when i say it was actually drooping down. Wish i would have snapped a shot of it when i was there!

We all know the lapbars are being changed anyway so it is a different problem. I know it broke down a lot when the catch car would not come all the way down to the station, 3 times that happened while i was about to get on it.

Man pretty bummed that Skyrush will be closed for the rest of the season. I was really looking forward and planning a trip out to Hershey in October so I can ride it before any type of adjustments may of been made. I just hope that they won't change the design of the Seat Restraints totally and it is still a lap bar restraint.