TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Respect to Hershey for posting a quality pov, but I'm a bit confused after watching the two side by side.. Was the original POV sped up? If you watch them side by side the original video shows a slower lift hill but a much faster ride.

Respect to Hershey for posting a quality pov, but I'm a bit confused after watching the two side by side.. Was the original POV sped up? If you watch the two side by side the original video shows a slower lift hill but a much faster ride.

More than likely the first POV had water dummies on it, while this one was empty. This POV is much faster up until the stengel-dive. Kudos to Hershey for putting up another (better) POV.

Just rode Skyrush yesterday. It's a great ride but the ejector air is a bit painful. I rode it three times . On my third ride, I scooted my legs a bit more forward in the seat so that the pressure points were not directly over my thighs. Surprisingly, no pain on the third ride. So it looks like if you position yourself correctly, pain can be avoided and the ride becomes a whole lot more enjoyable. However, it may be also due to the fact that I had middle left edge seats for the first two rides and my third one was on the front right middle.

The front middle seemed smoother while the left outer middle seemed to vibrate a bit like x2. The ride is quite intense and not soothing and relaxing like Wild Eagle. Sort of the El Toro of winged coasters.

Edited by johnychen

NEED HELP!!

So, I moved out to York P.A today, and want to go to Hershey tonight. I only have 39 bucks. I know after 4pm I can get the Sunset admission, which is about $29. The issue is parking is an extra $12 from my knowledge. Is there any store or whatever in the area that I can park at and walk to the park? Or am I screwed?

Is there any store or whatever in the area that I can park at and walk to the park? Or am I screwed?

There's a Red Robin on the main drag there...visible from Lightning Racer. I imagine you could park there and then walk to the main gates, but you're probably looking at a solid 10-15 minute walk since you have to skirt around the park.

Or....

If you're going to be there less than three hours, park in the Chocolate World parking lot for free. But, if you go over three hours, they will charge you.

(The park's only open until 8 p.m. tonight, so maybe this is a valid option?)

Edited by NJCroMag

Is there a mass transit system in Hershey?? WHen I was low on funds in my misspent youth, I would have a seasons pass to SFoG (birthday gift) and would often take the subway/bus to SFoG for the day. Just a thought.

D

My experience, and from what it seems everyone elses, is that the fast track is the way to go...especially when visiting from out of town. Unless the park is EMPTY, I use them at any and every park I go to. My time is valuable to me, so it seems worth the extra cost to me.

NEED HELP!!

So, I moved out to York P.A today, and want to go to Hershey tonight. I only have 39 bucks. I know after 4pm I can get the Sunset admission, which is about $29. The issue is parking is an extra $12 from my knowledge. Is there any store or whatever in the area that I can park at and walk to the park? Or am I screwed?

Let us know if you make it out there. I would love to roll into a new town and right to the closest park. Good for you that it can be Hershey, have a great time.

NEED HELP!!

First, my condolences on moving to York. I grew up there and to say there is nothing to do is an understatement. The walk from the Outlet area is not one I would want to make. I don't think there's a sidewalk and HersheyPark Drive can be quite busy. I would take the Chocolate World route instead. They say the first 3 hours are free but I was there the other day (for Chocolate World) and the attendants didn't check my ticket at all. It will get expensive if you go over the 3 hours parking there.

I rode Skyrush on Monday and boy was that painful! My thighs still hurt! But other than that I was pleasantly surprised by the ride. I know someone on here mentioned doing fahrenheit, stormrunner first then later in the day do Skyrush. They were right! In the morning Skyrush's line was at max but by late afternoon I waited 10 min tops(park was pretty packed imo).As long as you don't wait for the front seat late afternoon is short wait.

Took a trip over to the park today after taking my last final exam for the year and had a fantastic day. The park was absolutely deserted for the most part, and the longest line I waited in was 20 minutes, and I rode the front seat on three coasters!

Some new observations:

Avoid Comet Hollow in the morning at all costs.

I arrived at the park around 11, and the Hollow was packed. 20 minutes for Comet was the longest, and first, wait of the day. We were worried that the rest of the park would be as crowded, but no other area during any other time even came close. So, for anyone planning a trip, go directly to Fahrenheit first and circle Pioneer Frontier until the Hollow crowds die, most likely around lunchtime.

The rows blocked off for Fast Track are a blessing in disguise.

Since they are rarely ever used, waits in the rows adjacent to the chained off rows are cut in half, as people fill in the fast pass slots. In my seven visits so far this year, I have only ever seen one group use Fast Track. My friends, and most likely 90% of the GP, had no idea it existed.

GP complaints about the Skyrush restraints are never-ending.

On almost every train that returned to the station today, a chorus of relieved moans immediately followed the release of the restraints. While it is by no means excruciating pain, I can see their point of view. Guests at amusement parks don't expect to experience pain from any rides, especially the latest, greatest, most-advertised, and most technologically advanced coaster. Again, it doesn't feel like your legs are being cut off, but it kept several in my party from re-riding, and caused many GP to hate the ride. It's too bad.

The wing seats, especially the left side, offer a completely insane experience.

I rode in the back left today, and it was the most insane ride experience of my life. What kills when riding the wing seats isn't the airtime or floorlessness-- it's the laterals. I was flung out of my seat every which way-- right, left, forward. There is a specific period when the train quickly pulls out of the Stengel Dive where my whole body was thrown left, and just as I regained control and moved my body back into the seat, I was thrown right back out again by the next banked turn. The left side is still the only side where I need to put my hands down and hold on-- always immediately after the aforementioned section. The floored seats feel much more heartlined; you are eased into every turn much like a traditional coaster. I might stick with floored seats for awhile.

The wing seats, especially the left side, offer a completely insane experience.

I rode in the back left today, and it was the most insane ride experience of my life. What kills when riding the wing seats isn't the airtime or floorlessness-- it's the laterals. I was flung out of my seat every which way-- right, left, forward. There is a specific period when the train quickly pulls out of the Stengel Dive where my whole body was thrown left, and just as I regained control and moved my body back into the seat, I was thrown right back out again by the next banked turn. The left side is still the only side where I need to put my hands down and hold on-- always immediately after the aforementioned section.

Yes. My last ride at 9pm Sunday night was in the back-left wing seat, and I can't even describe how absolutely amazing it was. You're basically helpless the entire time, but it's that ride that really cemented Skyrush as my #1, above and beyond El Toro, I305, and Maverick.