TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

At this point I wish the "lapbar hurt my legs" people would just STFU. If you can't handle it, go marathon on Great Bear.

Ride it before you act like it won't effect you.

The ride is amazing, but it beats your thighs up. Which I don't mind, I can't wait to see the ERT line for this.

Yes, how about this: Ride it before you criticize opinions of those who have rode it already. Validate your opinion with actual experience..is that so much to ask that everyone that hasn't taken a few laps step away from the discussion until they have done so?

No one so far has said they hated the ride, or the airtime, and no one is a wuss because they felt pain. I guarantee you this ride is like nothing you've been on before.

When it was announced, I said I would be happy if this gave half the ride Intimidator 305 delivers, and my expectations were blown away, yes, it's that intense. I love the thing! I proudly call it my favorite ride, even over I-305. It's [surprisingly] a more intense ride in a nicer setting, with more airtime (IMO): with a crazier first drop, multiple wild ejector moments, and trains more open than any coaster I've ever ridden. But also can't ignore feeling sore after a few laps. Pardon me if I agree that the restraint pads cause discomfort after a few rides, because that's what it felt like to me.

Now if you ride it and come out of it with a different opinion, that's fine. But watching people who haven't obviously taken even on lap onthe ride beat up on a minor criticism is just ridiculous. More so than arguing over trimming 0.6 mph- I wonder how those rides felt.

All of my rides have so far been in row 7 and 8, right wing. That twisted camelback is insane from those seats..

At this point I wish the "lapbar hurt my legs" people would just STFU. If you can't handle it, go marathon on Great Bear.

All I see here is a ton of people whining about the whiners. Excruciating thigh pain ain't for everybody, but clearly there's a healthy contingent here who are into it so I'm sure ThighKrush has a rosy future at Hershey.

Anyhow, you really should ride the ThighKrush before you give your opinion on it. If this forum is like every other one on the internet, I'm sure that point is made about 50 times a day but doesn't stop the ignorant from stating their case.

As a funny aside, *I* can't believe how much whining I see in this thread about the Wildcat. One of my favorite woodies and I don't consider it rough at all - a little wild yes, but not "rough" or "painful", but the "wimps" are out in force around here talking about how much that thing beats you up.

Hey, not everybody is as tough as me I guess, but for those folks I guess the leisurely Comet is more their speed.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I love the new path that they added that goes basically right through the middle of Skyrush. There are places along that path where the coaster is literally just a few feet above your head. It is an amazing place to sit and watch the coaster in action.

All I see here is a ton of people whining about the whiners. Excruciating thigh pain ain't for everybody, but clearly there's a healthy contingent here who are into it so I'm sure ThighKrush has a rosy future at Hershey.

Anyhow, you really should ride the ThighKrush before you give your opinion on it. If this forum is like every other one on the internet, I'm sure that point is made about 50 times a day but doesn't stop the ignorant from stating their case.

As a funny aside, *I* can't believe how much whining I see in this thread about the Wildcat. One of my favorite woodies and I don't consider it rough at all - a little wild yes, but not "rough" or "painful", but the "wimps" are out in force around here talking about how much that thing beats you up.

Hey, not everybody is as tough as me I guess, but for those folks I guess the leisurely Comet is more their speed.

So now you're complaining about people complaining about the complainers?

A valid complaint, IMO.

^If you want to buy your tickets at the gate, the local Dunkin Donuts stores have coupons (although I'm not sure if the Dunkin Donuts right next to the ticket windows does)

^If you want to buy your tickets at the gate, the local Dunkin Donuts stores have coupons (although I'm not sure if the Dunkin Donuts right next to the ticket windows does)

That one doesn't, but the one next to Red Robin next to the park does.

Kinda disappointed that the ride sounds painful . Looking at the layout, it reminded me a lot of Maverick, but without the defensive riding. It seems that this is not the case. Having to ride defensively really takes away from a ride.

I've asked this before, but I never got an answer, so I'll ask again: Is there a good chance HP will create an unlimited Fast Track product in the later years, or is the current "One ride per coaster" Fast Track option likely to stay the only form?

I will gladly marathon it. If I can put up with 30+ rides on Voyage twice this wont be an issue. And I say that absolutely sincerely, it wouldn't bother me. I've taken the neck beating on Maverick for a long time, its not as bad as people make it out to be. Complaining about intense rides being too intense would be counter-intuitive (and hypocritical of me) since those are the rides I long for. Not trying to be a hard ass, I just ignore pain like that. Other things to think about like how awesome it would be.

So who wants to get me out of work for a day so I can marathon it? I also need some gas money for the 10hr drive...

I will gladly marathon it. If I can put up with 30+ rides on Voyage twice this wont be an issue. And I say that absolutely sincerely, it wouldn't bother me. I've taken the neck beating on Maverick for a long time, its not as bad as people make it out to be. Complaining about intense rides being too intense would be counter-intuitive (and hypocritical of me) since those are the rides I long for. Not trying to be a hard A$$, I just ignore pain like that. Other things to think about like how awesome it would be.

So who wants to get me out of work for a day so I can marathon it? I also need some gas money for the 10hr drive...

Haha...love it!

Sure, why not?

And now you're complaining about people complaining about people complaining about the complainers?

Someone else - not a complainer or a complainer complainer but a complainer defender - mentioned that this would be much better with B&M clamshells.

While those restraints are the best ever made for steel rollercoasters, they wouldn't work on this ride. I really think it would be chucking back seat riders in that case.

What makes those things wonderful is you can give yourself a couple inches of room, fly all over the place, and still feel safe. On ThighKrush, you have two choices: Pain, or certain death.

It's a thrill ride, baby!

According to actual G force limits, you have to be above -1.5 G's after 0.5 seconds. So my guess is that the airtime was just a little outside the legal limits, so they put the trims on so the ride will be just within legal airtime limits, meaning either it gets above -1.5 before the 0.5 second part, or it stays comfortably within the -1.4 range, as you can keep a ride at -1.4 for up to four seconds.

I don't see how a .10 of extra gravitational pull has to be 3.5 seconds shorter then 1.4 negative g's. I too would like to see these standards. Anybody experience any redding out on this ride?

Someone else - not a complainer or a complainer complainer but a complainer defender - mentioned that this would be much better with B&M clamshells.

There were days I rode Intimidator 232 several times in a row and my thighs ended up sore from hitting the restraints. Apollo's Chariot has worn my thighs out after several back row rides in a row. If the airtime is strong enough, your thighs are going to hurt regardless. Honestly, after riding Skyrush and Apollo back to back days, the material on AC's lapbars isn't that much softer than Skyrush. They're more ergonomic than Skyrush's restraints, and they're ratcheting instead of hydraulic, but the material surely isn't the problem. But I still don't think it's any different (or worse) than any of the other modern Intamins, all of them have a tendency to staple down throughout the ride. So this isn't anything new.

There were days I rode Intimidator 232 several times in a row and my thighs ended up sore from hitting the restraints. Apollo's Chariot has worn my thighs out after several back row rides in a row. If the airtime is strong enough, your thighs are going to hurt regardless. Honestly, after riding Skyrush and Apollo back to back days, the material on AC's lapbars isn't that much softer than Skyrush. They're more ergonomic than Skyrush's restraints, and they're ratcheting instead of hydraulic, but the material surely isn't the problem. But I still don't think it's any different (or worse) than any of the other modern Intamins, all of them have a tendency to staple down throughout the ride. So this isn't anything new.

And that brings us back to Robb's post a few pages back.

On another note, I didn't realize that BG was so close to Hershey. I may have to re-examine my trip for tomorrow and Thurs!