TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I wouldn't say that Wildcat has gotten any better, but it never pulverized my insides to mush to begin with. It's pretty rough, but it's nowhere near the worst ride in the world.

Since apparently there's never a queue for it, it's certainly worth a ride as you pass by it as you go to Lightning Racer. The back seat was pretty fun.

It certainly wasn't the worst ride, and I do actually enjoy it's layout...a LOT...but it was REALLY rough when we rode it last year. It used to be in my top 5 wood coasters in the late 90s. I wish they could do something to it to make it AWESOME again.

Same. I rode it the first year they had the Millennium Flyer trains and liked it a lot--last year at ECB, not so much.

So as I was walking towards Wildcat today, we passed by the Karaoke booth. My sister and I joked in reminiscince of the famous Piers video. Literally just as we wrapped up our conversation, we looked up at the monitors playing demonstrations and saw this.

1393536698_IMG_3436(1024x768).thumb.jpg.2e75d1502c104a131d12811603d42f69.jpg

Made. My. Life.

For those who don't get the reference, here's the original video.

Crews were freaking slow for the most part..I don't know if it was the humidity or too early in the season.

And Skyrush..the slow unloading guests are really help make my case against bags and loose items at least on crowded platforms. I think if they didn't allow bags in line, it could be big help to what is automatically going to be a slightly slower dispatch cycle since they have to wait for people to leave the platform to start loading guests. People gathering their belongings bring disembarking to a crawl every time.

Just got back from the park! We got in with the 5 pm discount tickets and got on Skyrush after 2 switchbacks and about 30-40 minutes. The ride was a blast! It was interesting, I brought a friend who had actually never been on a coaster before, and we both loved it. The first drop was incredible (we rode in the back), and the airtime definitely does not disappoint. She was a bit rattled, but the extreme airtime was actually her favorite part. I didn't reeeeally understand the hype for the ride - the layout seemed like a glorified Rita or Desert Storm, but I was definitely pleasantly surprised. Storm Runner has always been one of my favorites though, and while the two are very different, we both ended up preferring Storm Runner. But really, no complaints besides the loading, this thing hauls!

I have to agree about the lap bar pads. I've ridden it 3 times now (twice on Saturday and once on Sunday), and it seems to get worse with every ride. Also, even if you leave yourself a little room for comfort at dispatch, the lap bar becomes tighter during the ride. It was actually quite painful on my last ride. I'd love to see Hershey respond and make some adjustments, but I'd be surprised if they did. I'll still ride it either way

^Yup, although SkyRush is still one of the best coasters I've ridden, after three rides over two days I had to rank it lower simply because the lap bars are too painful. The bruises on my thighs from earlier rides made the airtime on my last ride unbearable, and the worst part is that you then have to sit on the brake run for several minutes with no circulation in your legs before they let you into the station.

I think the problem is that the lap bars are at the wrong angle for someone of normal leg size, so the restraint hits the thigh at a single point instead of distributing the forces across a large part of the thigh like the molded B&M hyper restraints. Hopefully Intamin can rework them, but I would understand if after the various S:RoS and Mega Splash lap bar incidents that comfort is a secondary concern after safety of larger riders.

As much as I love the open feeling and lack of headbanging from lapbar only rides, and as much as I hate to say it, the ride would be better with Farenheight/Storm Runner style OTSRs. At least it would be more re-ridable.

Shame to hear about the lap bars being painful. Last year after 5 rides on El Toro in one day my thighs were sore for 3-4 days afterwords. Are the restraints even more painful than El Toro's? I'll still probably ride several times either way.

Another question. How does the GP reaction seem to be. Ive read a few comments online about the restraints being painful and that they didn't enjoy it but is this something you commonly hear people saying or do most seem to have enjoyed the ride.

^ That's surprising to hear. I didn't think this thing would be more "un-rerideable" than Intimidator 305, but it sounds like it as I can ride 305 about 12 times in a row before taking a break. The intensity of this ride (from reviews) has me even more excited for this ride now...

Are people REALLY complaining that there is too much airtime?

Seriously, people, if too much airtime is really upsetting you, please, please, PLEASE find a new hobby!

--Robb "Like take up knitting or birdwatching or something..." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey

Seriously, people, if too much airtime is really upsetting you, please, please, PLEASE find a new hobby!

More so the restraints than the airtime. I don't think anyone is complaining about airtime.

More so the restraints than the airtime. I don't think anyone is complaining about airtime.

Really? Give me an effing break. You people complain about OTSRs, you complain about lap bars, you complain about seat belts. Here's an idea - STFU and be happy you got a really kick ass roller coaster!

Or, hey! Maybe you'd rather them add more trims! That's a GREAT IDEA!

HERSHEYPARK!!! I KNOW YOU ARE READING THIS FORUM!!! PLEASE APPEASE THE COMPLAINING IDIOTS AND ADD MORE TRIMS TO SKYRUSH BECAUSE THERE PEOPLE WHO ARE BIG PUSSIES AND CAN'T HANDLE AIRTIME!!! MORE TRIMS PLEASE!!! MORE TRIMS!!!!

--Robb "Seriously, stop posting to TPR if you're going to complain about idiotic things." Alvey

Edited by robbalvey