TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I'm tempted to say Fahrenheit also. It's almost painful to wait in that line when it has a full queue. There's little shade and I don't recall any misters being on in the line. Not to mention watching the trains stacking on the brake run. Then again Sky Rush is an unknown. There could be the typical problems running a brand new coaster.

I would not skip Fahrenheit! I love that coaster. Yes, the capacity is low but try to get there early or go back right before the park closes and jump in line.

Ditto. If anything I hope Skyrush might actually help draw guests away from Fahrenheit and that area of the park, alleviating the capacity woes.

A few thoughts after spending the last few hours of the day at the park today. 1. Skyrush looks REALLY impressive in person. 2. Storm Runner is still a killer ride. 3. Hershey's operations, which used to be decent, have declined sharply the last few years, especially at Storm Runner.

All that said, can't wait to ride Skyrush tomorrow!

I just got back from the Project 2012 first ride event, and I'd say the ride lived up to the hype. I'd rank it just ever so slightly behind i305 as my #2 coaster, and only because I love the first helix on i305. I'll post more after I get some decent internet (thanks for nothing Knight's Inn Palmyra's WiFi).

Can't wait to see the mobs tomorrow in Comet Hollow.

I just got back from the Project 2012 first ride event, and I'd say the ride lived up to the hype. I'd rank it just ever so slightly behind i305 as my #2 coaster, and only because I love the first helix on i305. I'll post more after I get some decent internet (thanks for nothing Knight's Inn Palmyra's WiFi).

Can't wait to see the mobs tomorrow in Comet Hollow.

Ha! We stayed in the same hotel. Should have car pooled!

^This actually makes me glad that I'm not at Hershey today. SkyRush looks like a great ride, but I think I can wait until all the hoo-ha dies down.

In line at the gate ! Never seen this many people here this early though, the line is already back to the Dunkin Donuts... looks like a one-and-done day already.

The crazy thing is that Great Bear was sending out half empty trains. I saw one with just 3 people on it.

I know management is onsite at the ride working on filling those empty seats, while I continue to hear the dispatch times are 3 to 4 between trains. I'm sure this will get worked out, and honestly not surprised to hear given the load/unload process and not being able to pick wing seats. While I haven't seen it first hand, I would bet most if not all of those 9 empty seats are in the middle.

I know management is onsite at the ride working on filling those empty seats, while I continue to hear the dispatch times are 3 to 4 between trains. I'm sure this will get worked out, and honestly not surprised to hear given the load/unload process and not being able to pick wing seats. While I haven't seen it first hand, I would bet most if not all of those 9 empty seats are in the middle.

I bet it more has to do with guests either not wanting willing to split their groups between trains, nor allowing people jumping ahead of them in order to fill the train.

Sounds like a missed opportunity for a single riders line.
Totally forgot about the single rider line! Wasn't that the purpose of the middle staircase? I thought they had one for Skyrush.

I dunno, it's space that might ultimately be taken up by Fast Track riders.