TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

Amazing report and amazing pictures. This looks like an amazing addition to Hersheypark and it looks like Hersheypark and Intamin have become quite fond of each other (which is not a bad thing at all). Looks like Intamin has really stepped up their game with the new trains and that layout is amazing. Packs an awesome punch in such a small area. The only thing I found wrong with this report was that there was no beer pictures! What's a Derek Trip Report without a single beer picture?!?! Must have been an off day.

Jimmy "Can't wait to visit Chocolate Land" Bo

Hersheypark and Intamin definitely have another hit on their hands, and after 2004's Storm Runner, 2008's Fahrenheit, and 2012's Skyrush, I'm really looking forward to what the two are working on for 2016 (Aquatrax)

Petition to remove Roller Soaker for an Aquatrax for the Boardwalk?

No grey-outs in the turns is good news for me. That front center seat is calling my name! Glad you could make it to Hersheypark and break the coaster in for us, Derek.

Great pictures Derek! I can't wait to head there this summer and ride this coaster. I also love that you can skip Founders Circle now, when crowded that area can get very packed and this will be a nice shortcut to Sky Rush!

That looks great! I had to stop reading the comments on Hershey's YouTube POV that the ride looks "boring." People are stupid. The restraints look rather bizarre, but seem a lot roomier than El Toro/Superman, so that will be nice for larger guests. I hope to get up there in the fall and ride it since I haven't been to Hershey since Stormrunner opened.

^^Wait, I thought it was 6'5"?

Edit: So where is this info about the max height coming from? It's not listed on the website, and I just called guest relations about it, to which hey replied that what is on the website is the accurate info. They said as long as your torso isn't too tall to fit properly, you can ride. Now it was just a guest relations person and not anyone with operations, so I don't know if that is entirely accurate or not, so take it for what t's worth.

I didn't see anything about a definitive maximum height restriction posted at the ride's entrance, but I also didn't read the fine print. Judging by the elevation of the test seat, I would suspect that as long as you can sit in the seat and your feet not touch the ground you'll be permitted to ride. Minimum height is 54"

IMG_6511.jpg.5608baf5fa75e4752aba3c4d2fb6c758.jpg

A bit higher than a normal test seat to represent the wing seats added height from station floor

Edited by DerekRx

^Check out the sign tomorrow when you get there - if it doesn't have a maximum height on it, let someone know! I'm sure the guys in the station who have to kick tall people out would appreciate it.

Hershey's "size" page on their website lists Skyrush under the rides that people over 6'3" or 300 pounds "may have difficulty" with. So they do list 6'3", but only as "difficulty" and not as a definite "no."

Was there airtime on the twisty hill right before the final airtime hill?

I'm curious about this as well. How many moments of airtime are there are there? Ive seen some say 7 and some 5 but all I can see from the layout and POV is the 1st drop depending where you sit and the 3 straight airtime hills.

I'm going to Hersheypark on Monday (and perhaps Sunday if the weather is okay) - should I head to Skyrush or Fahrenheit first? I may be tempted to go on Skyrush first, but I assume the line will move faster for Skyrush compared to Fahrenheit, so I'm thinking that I should knock off Fahrenheit first..? I hadn't been to the park in ages, so I'm not sure what to plan first.

Fahrenheit's line does move unbearably slow, but I have no idea what waits for Skyrush will be like. Its capacity is almost exactly that of the Bear (1350 riders/hour for Skyrush, 1300 for Bear), and the latter still gets enormous lines throughout most of the day. We'll have to see how the new addition affects the flow of crowds come opening weekend.