TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

I think Saturday is going to be absolutely jam packed beyond reason or comparison. I'll get there EARLY (before 8), ride the Rush, maybe take a lap on SDL (if it's up and running) and then get the hell out of there.

I think Saturday is going to be absolutely jam packed beyond reason or comparison. I'll get there EARLY (before 8), ride the Rush, maybe take a lap on SDL (if it's up and running) and then get the hell out of there.

How do you think Friday will be?

Jen and I are taking advantage of the deal where you can visit the park the last couple hours the night before with a single day ticket. We'll show up late Friday night, ride everything we want to ride with (hopefully) short waits, then we can devote whatever time we have Saturday to Skyrush.

Jen and I are taking advantage of the deal where you can visit the park the last couple hours the night before with a single day ticket. We'll show up late Friday night, ride everything we want to ride with (hopefully) short waits, then we can devote whatever time we have Saturday to Skyrush.

This is likely the plan I would have taken, but a slightly different priority set will see me in HP Friday, and back on the road Saturday

I'm going to guess Saturday is going to be absolutely insane. Hershey has tv ads running specifically for SkyRush which I don't recall for other new coasters (I could be wrong though).

Gonna be there Saturday and Sunday. My hope is that everybody rushes to Skyrush (I sure as hell am), and that the lines for everything else will be shorter as a result, but maybe I'm being too ambitious. Still, I'm sure two days will be enough for me to do everything I want, crowds or no crowds.

I'm really debating Sunday or Memorial Day, with the hopes that the crowds will at least abate to typical insanity.

It's that, or pray for bad weather on those days or that most people just head to the beach instead.

The weather forecast is very unsettled in our area all week and into next week. You may get some intermittent rain.

I think we're just waiting for next Sunday, the 3rd. Was thinking about heading up on Monday in the hopes that most people would be headed back home after a weekend in Hershey, but I'm not sure I want to waste the time driving up there just to find out that I'm wrong.

I'm also heading to the park on the 3rd. I'm praying that the weather will be good and that the enthusiasts will all have been out on Opening Weekend... oh who am I kidding, the place is gonna be absolutely mobbed. Sunshine, please!

I'm planning on getting there about 9, grabbing some of those "jump the line" passes for $50, and going directly to SkyRush once the park opens. I only paid $30 for tickets (got a deal!), so paying the extra $50 will be worth it on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in my mind. I'm really hoping that it's not going to be a mad house, but yet again, I usually hope for something that doesn't actually happen.

Only 3 days until I will be !

I'm planning on getting there about 9, grabbing some of those "jump the line" passes for $50, and going directly to SkyRush once the park opens. I only paid $30 for tickets (got a deal!), so paying the extra $50 will be worth it on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in my mind. I'm really hoping that it's not going to be a mad house, but yet again, I usually hope for something that doesn't actually happen.

Only 3 days until I will be !

I would double check that Skyrush is on that $50 pass. The pass is only for certain rides. Ask before buying.

^We won't be staying through close on Saturday.

I'm pretty sure we'll be skipping HP on Saturday entirely.

I'm pretty sure that Skyrush doesn't open until Saturday.

Skyrush is not part of the $50 fast lane pass, AND you only get one ride on each of the six rides using the system. The weather this weekend is supposed to 90 and sunny, so I think both days will be PACKED with the opening of the boardwalk and Skyrush.

Skyrush is not part of the $50 fast lane pass, AND you only get one ride on each of the six rides using the system. The weather this weekend is supposed to 90 and sunny, so I think both days will be PACKED with the opening of the boardwalk and Skyrush.

I know that, but it says it's good for nine of the roller coasters at their park. I'll have to figure out if i want to go through with it when we get there, but for now I'm planning on getting them.

Not sure what forecast you saw but I live not far from the park and our forecast is 90 and thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday. That's according to our local news and The Weather Channel. In fact, the local news anchors are supposed to preview the coaster tonight and it is in question because of the weather.

We have had the same forecast for a week now. It will be bright and sunny one minute and the next raining cats and dogs. I don't think it will keep anyone away from the park this weekend though. There's too much excitement for this. I just wish I would be able to ride it this summer - 22 weeks pregnant and coasters don't mix.

Seems like some people on the project 2012 page got to ride for a commercial today, and their reviews are very positive!

I'm excited for opening, here's hoping i get out there this wednesday!

Seems like some people on the project 2012 page got to ride for a commercial today, and their reviews are very positive!

I'm excited for opening, here's hoping i get out there this wednesday!

Any idea what their thoughts were on the ride? Where is the project 2012 page?

It's on Facebook. From what I've read so far, the consensus is that the best airtime happens on the bunny hops near the end.

A "typical summer day" has never stopped me. It poured off and on during the operating day at East Coast Bash last year, and I was still able to get on all the coasters I wanted to multiple times. It seemed like the park was kind of crowded that day as well. I'm remaining in "blue-sky thinking" mode.

It's on Facebook. From what I've read so far, the consensus is that the best airtime happens on the bunny hops near the end.

That's not a consensus, that's what one person has said. So the reviews don't mean much, they're from two people that haven't been on many roller coasters and don't have anything to compare Skyrush with.