TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

With the slower lift speed, does anyone think the drop will be better than El Toro?

I think this depends on each individuals' opinion and likes. I personally like Intimidator 305's lift/drop because you fly over the crest very quickly. I definitely don't think Intimidator 305 would be as thrilling if the lift hill was slower.

They'll probably be very similar. You've got a 180 foot drop at 76 degrees versus a 200 foot drop at 80 degrees. Similar dimensions there, in terms of how tight the crest and pullout have to be. El Toro has the longer train, so that might help a bit. But regardless this is gonna be an awesome drop, close to if not on par with one like El Toro!

As someone said, El Toro's drops reaches its maximum angle much quicker, which I think will make it better. But, as someone also said, Skyrush's drop will still be magnificent. Also, how many more variations of "the lift looks slower than I thought but the ride will still be fun!" can we make?

^ Um, how about no more variations? I think that sounds like a fantastic idea!

I don't know about you guys, but I kind of dislike reading the same thing over and over.

About the lift speed do we know for sure when this POV was made. In this test video from 5/19 the lift appeared to be going full speed again while in the previous few testing videos the lift was slower.

Isn't it possible the POV was made earlier and just not posted until today. Doesn't really matter either way though.

No I didn't.

Worse than getting totally trolled is not "taking the shame" and admitting you got totally trolled.

And worse yet is getting banned for a month for being a jackass about it.

^I think the POV was shot recently since you can see the mini-trims in the video.

Trims were in the video I posted too. I guess we will have to wait and see to know for sure how they are going to run the lift.

As someone said, El Toro's drops reaches its maximum angle much quicker, which I think will make it better. But, as someone also said, Skyrush's drop will still be magnificent. Also, how many more variations of "the lift looks slower than I thought but the ride will still be fun!" can we make?

Did you notice the drop actually "pumps" as it starts to descend? Meaning, the radius goes from circular (constant) to wider thsn back to really tight. So the guys in the back are going to get extra negative Gs as the train crests. Its really unique. Pay attention to it.

^I think my mom would be terrified, but enjoy it. I would most likely have to convince her to ride, and she would refuse to ride anywhere but the middle rows in the inside seats.

I think your mom and my wife would be best friends! She already has claimed that exact location when we ride it in August. Fine by me, even though that will "force" me to take a winged seat.....oh, the horror!!

After seeing the POV, Skyrush looks even more awesome in my book. Can't wait to ride it, and in the meantime, can't wait to hear some early reviews from folks on here!