TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

If you're saving up for a rare park trip, wouldn't you want to spend a little extra to ensure that you actually get to ride everything?

A little extra, yes, but not almost the same cost as the park admission price.

I'd be more interested in purchasing a ticket to skip a single ride's line once.

Great to hear another park is getting a line skipping system! That only leaves a few major parks (*cough Cedar Point) that don't have one. I would encourage people that don't like them to give it a try. Visiting a theme park is so much less stressful when you don't have to wait in line for hours or rush around the park to beat the crowds to the major attractions.

Skyrush looks beautiful to me, even though I'm not a fan of bright yellow. Can't wait to ride it someday!

A bit off topic, but since it was mentioned, this is incorrect. CP has announced Fast Lane for this year:

www.cedarpoint.com/what-s-new/fast-lane

People won't climb over, unless they want to be covered in their own body parts. The fence is barbed-wire. The place where those photos are taken from is literally a few feet from the park property, on a sidewalk along a public road.

hproad.thumb.jpg.05c14a130bcc67a884451c67b45bf280.jpg

Google Maps screenshot.

^agreed, absolutely fantastic angle, but i wouldn't be surprised if they put up a net or a higher fence to keep people from climbing over

All of my photos are taken legally from outside the park. All the shots that I take, anyone can snap a photo from.

^agreed, absolutely fantastic angle, but i wouldn't be surprised if they put up a net or a higher fence to keep people from climbing over

All of my photos are taken legally from outside the park. All the shots that I take, anyone can snap a photo from.

Next time only take pictures where your lens is not positioned in betweens the gaps in the fence, so someone can bitch about that.

Took my first park trip of the year today- and it was WICKED crowded. I went with a couple of friends (unfortunately GP)- we waited over an hour for the Bear, and about 45 minutes for the Comet.

Storm Runner was running one train and had a 2.5 hour wait (wasn't happening), and Fahrenheit opened late in the day after being loaded with water dummies for the first half. Unfortunately, Fahrenheit also had a 2 hour line, and it broke down right after our group entered the queue. The Lightning Racers proved once again to be the day's saving grace- the only walk-ons in the park.

One side note- Skyrush looks beautiful. The filled-in creek makes a world of difference.

In Storm Runner's debut year, I waited about an hour and a half, and I didn't even get to go on it I was there with my middle school for Music in the Park or whatever it's called. I had about 90 minutes before I had to be wherever it was I needed to be with my Concert Band, so I decided to try out this newfangled ride. As I got closer to the front, I got more anxious because I thought I was going to be late for the thing I had. Well I was almost there, when the ride broke down about 1 cycle away from me getting on. Admitting defeat, I had to go back through the entire line.

But then I rode it the next year and it was amazing

So, where did Comet's queue end up at? It is sort of in the same area is was previously?

Yep. It's organized differently and the entrance has been moved to the other corner of the queue line, but the ramp and station set-up are the same. I do have to say that I love the new railings. It looks like it really opens up the station.

By the way, I'll be going to the park tomorrow and will have a detailed update coming up tomorrow night.

Well, to all you riders and amusement park flyers, I've just survived another Springtime in the Park at Hersheypark and I managed to ride 19 rides (The Merry Derry Dip was the only ride I rode twice). I must say that when I entered Carrousel Circle and saw all these flat rides that were surrounding it ( such as where they placed the Tilt-a-Whirl, the Scrambler, and other kiddie rides) I felt like I had entered amusement park nirvana.

Anyway, I managed to get on a few rides before the park began filling up. I didn't mind waiting to ride the Comet, The Great Bear, and Sidewinder; but I decided to skip Storm Front because it was running one train and Fahrenhite because the line was too long. Besides, I was planning on returning in late May so I can ride what I skipped.

One more thing to add: Chris Linn's show at the Music Box Theatre - you should see it! Trust me; you won't be disappointed.

"I like it when he goes on those long trips; when he comes back home he's so tired he ends up spending all of next day in bed with me. I love days like that!"

:lover: Absolutely heavenly photos! I don't know if I'll be able to handle it once this starts testing.

Was Great Bear running at all this weekend? I didn't see any trains in any of the photos.

Great Bear was operating and it had the shortest wait for the whole day (1 train wait) and they were sending out a train approximately every two minutes.

I'm going to the Hershey on the 21st for a closed park event (the business my girlfriend's mom works for rents the park out for their employee's and friends) and was hoping that they're was a chance of a soft opening, but since there hasn't been any testing yet I guess that won't be panning out. Oh well, maybe they'll at least be testing it by then and I can see this baby in action.

Wow! I have to say that Skyrush has to be the most photogenic new ride this year. All those pics are simply incredible! I can't wait to see it in person. My only complaint is that the bathroom sign connected to the station looks really out of place (16th picture down). It looks as if the coaster itself is called "Restrooms".