TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

^Granted, they do have three sets of lines going up the station stairs, right? I thought I noticed that in one of those pictures, and thought it was a little weird. What are the chances that those are for the front row, rest of the train, and then a future Fastlane/Fastpass/Fastwhatever line?

Roller Soaker...I completely forgot!

Oh well. I usually get lucky when it comes to queue times anyway. I got walk-ons on Wildcat and Lightning Racer during the day at East Coast Bash last year, and only one- or two-load waits on several others. I don't think it's worth it, considering I usually go during the middle of the week.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the third line is the exit, because riders board and de-board on the same side.

Edited by A.J.

I'd say SDL, Trailblazer, and Sidewinder. Roller Soaker has so low capacity, over the last nine years I've been at the park, I have yet to get on Roller Soaker because the lines are ridiculous.

The one and only time I went on Roller Soaker, the lines were long too, however, I loved that. I think I had more fun on the Roller Soaker line than the actual ride. It was a VERY humid day when I was there and water was flying everywhere keeping everyone cool, while at the same time, the coaster riders were dropping water over us as we fired back. I've never had so much fun waiting for a ride.

My best guess is Skyrush will be excluded. Too much trouble because it will be way too popular, and the best candidate for abuse by passholders.

But the other two?

Roller Soaker, for one, since it's really not a part of the park at large.

And the third...Lightning Racer. IMO..IT DOESN'T NEED IT.

It looks like everyone's throwing Trailblazer out, but I think that's definitely included- if you go over to the FAQ's there is now a question about Fast Track where it notes that children 42" to 47" may purchase a Fasttrack for $20. I'd guess that means that all four of the 42" rides (Comet, Roller Soaker, Trailblazer, superdooperlooper) will be included, or else the $20 pass won't be good for too much.

Lightning Racer certainly doesn't need a queue skipping system, but that won't stop them from implementing one. It'll be interesting to see which are excluded, and I hope (but don't expect) the rides have merge points- while I despised all queue reducing systems for years, I'm more accepting now but I still can't stand the hold up from when riders board from the exit (I also prefer Q-bots over other systems, but whatever).

Is one of SkyRush's stairs confirmed to be for the front row or is that just guessing? An entire staircase for it seems a bit intense to me (I have no clue what the layout of the station is)

^Personally, I was guessing. Dominator at KD does have its own dedicated line for front row that starts at the bottom of the upper stairwell though, so it isn't unheard of!

I would certainly hope for the merge points too, because otherwise it's really terrible (and makes guests angry, I've seen plenty) to be next in line for a row and watch people sit right down in your seat. But the current lines at Hershey don't have those in place so I don't see much of a way for them to implement that. At least Fahrenheit has the single-rider line that is no longer used and can be repurposed, but for the others I doubt there's much of a way to get around the exit-users.

According to the Project 2012 group on Facebook, Skyrush, Soaker, and Mouse are excluded from FastTrack, there will be dedicated rows set aside for FastTrack/ADA people (to be filled from other rows when no one is in the FastTrack/ADA line), and initially Hershey will be limiting FastTrack to 100/day.

Edited by ahecht

According to the project 2012 group on facebook, Skyrush, soaker, and mouse are excluded from FastTrack, there will be dedicated rows set aside for FastTrack/ADA people (to be filled from other rows when no one is in the FastTrack/ADA line), and initially Hershey will be limiting FastTrack to 100/day.

I wonder why Skyrush is excluded, it is the ride everyone wants to go on in the 2012 season at Hersheypark. If they included it, FastTrack sales would be much, much higher.

They are also $50 a pass, one per person (right?), so I don't think the average family of 4 is gonna plunk another $200 on top of admission.

I'm pretty sure Busch limits their sales as well, but it never seemed like there was crushing demand for them whenever I pick mine for a busy day.

A couple questions:

Does anybody know how many cars per train?

It's hard to tell with the picture of that cable wheel on the ground, but is it easier to tell what the cable's going to do now that construction is progressing?

Can anyone tell what the 3 queues are for? What it looks like to me is a front/middle/back type of thing.

A couple questions:

Does anybody know how many cars per train?

It's hard to tell with the picture of that cable wheel on the ground, but is it easier to tell what the cable's going to do now that construction is progressing?

Can anyone tell what the 3 queues are for? What it looks like to me is a front/middle/back type of thing.

Going off of what knowledge I may have:

-8 cars per train I believe

-Well based on its placement, it would be most efficient to travel underneath the bridge.

-Left: Exit. Middle: Front row or perhaps single rider. Right: Everyone else.

Hope this helps!

Great to hear another park is getting a line skipping system! That only leaves a few major parks (*cough Cedar Point) that don't have one. I would encourage people that don't like them to give it a try. Visiting a theme park is so much less stressful when you don't have to wait in line for hours or rush around the park to beat the crowds to the major attractions.

Skyrush looks beautiful to me, even though I'm not a fan of bright yellow. Can't wait to ride it someday!

I would encourage people that don't like them to give it a try. Visiting a theme park is so much less stressful when you don't have to wait in line for hours or rush around the park to beat the crowds to the major attractions.

It's also so much more expensive when on top of the $40 admission, $20 parking, $30 food, $70 hotel room and $100 worth of gas to get there, you shell out another $50 for a line skipping pass.

I understand why people are in favor for them. I'm just saying that I understand people who are pissed off by them too. Going to an amusement park is an expensive endeavor. A lot of people have to save their pennies to even be able to GO to the park. And then when they show up, these wealthier folks who could afford to throw down more money at the entrance gate get to waltz right by them in the line and take their seat. It can be infuriating, and really makes people feel like second-class guests when they've already spent a lot of money to come to the park.

But anyway, this topic has been debated plenty, and we all know there are two schools of thought on the subject. I certainly do see the advantage of a system like this when you have a limited amount of time at a crowded park.

Amazing pictures by the way!

I understand why people are in favor for them. I'm just saying that I understand people who are pissed off by them too. Going to an amusement park is an expensive endeavor. A lot of people have to save their pennies to even be able to GO to the park. And then when they show up, these wealthier folks who could afford to throw down more money at the entrance gate get to waltz right by them in the line and take their seat. It can be infuriating, and really makes people feel like second-class guests when they've already spent a lot of money to come to the park.

If you're saving up for a rare park trip, wouldn't you want to spend a little extra to ensure that you actually get to ride everything?